PDA

View Full Version : WuProp in TROUBLE?

Bryan
02-26-18, 12:07 AM
WuProp possibly may not add any more projects or in the worst case it may go away. There have been some seriously nasty posts on the forum due to the way Seb was running it ... ie you can only run as many NCI instances as the machine has threads.

He has thrown his hands up and says he will no longer support the project :(

Post 5920 dated 1/18

Since a week, there is no more banned hosts.
I will not support the project anymore.

You might want to get on the thread and give Seb some kind words or better yet send him a PM.

The THREAD (http://wuprop.boinc-af.org/forum_thread.php?id=441)

zombie67
02-26-18, 09:55 AM
Yikes!

Egilman
02-26-18, 10:09 AM
I read thru the thread...
Man, that is some righteous indignation going on there....

Like WUprop owes them something.... (more like they forgot the point)

Would be a shame if he really quits, he created a DB of hardware and it's capabilities even if it is only a guesstimate of project and hardware capabilities.
Invaluable to us people that push HW to the edge.

Chasing stars is moot compared to that.....

I don't run it anymore cause it was effecting my collatz times, I always saw the badges in it as a compilation of nothingness so I never felt the need to chase them....

Is it cheating? no, I don't think so. Does it go beyond the point/intent of the project? yes, it does.

His project he can run it anyway he likes.... but he should have stopped the practice before users grew dependent on it....

AS far as the dictator crap? if you don't like it don't run it, the base philosophy of Free Distributed Computing.

We are free to choose. That is as far from dictation as possible.

Al
02-26-18, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure which 2 I lost this morning, but I lost 2 stars...and I was only 3 away from filling the 4th ring.

zombie67
02-26-18, 03:17 PM
I think the Einstein duplicate got merged.

FourOh
05-20-18, 11:19 AM
WuProp is down... hoping this is temporary, all my goals right now are hours!

Gibson Praise
05-20-18, 02:40 PM
WuProp is down... hoping this is temporary, all my goals right now are hours!

Yes, so is signature.statseb.fr. Really hope it is just a glitch.

scole of TSBT
05-20-18, 08:23 PM
Should everyone suspend their WUProp account until it's resolved? Would that help Seb out until it's all fixed?