PDA

View Full Version : Collatz: Use at your own risk

RSS
04-18-18, 01:13 AM
I'm testing the validator, work generator, assimilator, and applications. It may or may not work which means you may or may not get credit for your work. There is still a lot of work to do but I'm making progress.

More... (https://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/forum_thread.php?id=1)

Egilman
04-20-18, 08:29 PM
I've been running this now for about 10 hours, (windows only clients at the moment) the WU times are very close to what they were before. (12.5 minutes on a Tahiti, 5.5 minutes on a 1080) using the same config setup as before....

The program is caching about 1k+ WU's/machine at this time which I expect to be reduced in the future. and the stats are not getting out like they were before the exploit. but it is up and running....

DrPop
04-22-18, 02:02 PM
The project asked me to remove and reattach to Collatz on my rigs for a new security thing. Do I need to redo my config settings for the NV cards now since it seems the times are quite a bit longer?

Bryan
04-22-18, 02:13 PM
Yes, if you detach then it deletes the project directory so you lost your config settings.

Egilman
04-22-18, 02:21 PM
The project asked me to remove and reattach to Collatz on my rigs for a new security thing. Do I need to redo my config settings for the NV cards now since it seems the times are quite a bit longer?

AS Bryan said yes.

But as far as WU times, on my machines, they are running at the same times they were before using the same settings....

And the 1080 is doing exactly as predicted about 10% faster than a 7990 using the same settings.

Windows only right now, he is working on the clients for the other op systems though.

And the stats are only updating three times a day, half of what they were before.

DrPop
04-24-18, 12:31 AM
Thanks, I'll have to dig up that thread where I got my settings from. I'm only outputting about half per day what I was, so I need to redo all that on each rig. Oh well...

Egilman
04-24-18, 12:56 AM
Thanks, I'll have to dig up that thread where I got my settings from. I'm only outputting about half per day what I was, so I need to redo all that on each rig. Oh well...

verbose=1
kernels_per_reduction=48
sleep=1
threads=8
lut_size=17
reduce_CPU=0
sieve_size=30
cache_sieve=1

Anything from a 7970 on up should handle those settings with ease. I know mine do.