zombie67
04-08-11, 07:41 PM
DNETC
MW
PG

...all down right now.

JerWA
04-08-11, 07:49 PM
Hah it's like the good ol' days! One project falls, everyone moves, next project gets overwhelmed and falls, rinse and repeat. :D

joker
04-08-11, 09:17 PM
One minute I get a server down message, then I hit update again, and again, and again....then it works. Been like that for the last couple of hours.

Crazybob
04-09-11, 12:50 PM
After the crap with MW, ALL YOUR GPU'S BELONG TO US!

denim
04-16-11, 11:30 PM
http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/allyourbase.jpg

YoDude9999
04-18-11, 12:59 AM
After many hours of crunching, the results are just not there any longer. I'm calling it quits with MW. They have way too many problems with keeping their servers running and the workload is way too intermittent. Aside from that, I truly believe they are screwing us out of credit for work that's been done.

I believe that the WUs that end up in the, "Completed, validation inconclusive" category just end up sitting there until they just drop off after a day or two. If this is true then it means, the work has been done, but there is no credit for it. My conclusion comes from the fact that when started back with MW about 3 days ago and when I first restarted with them, I had no results on any of the pages. This was to be expected. Then, when I started running them again, I was given the typical number of WUs for the one box that I let run them.

As the WUs completed, I had my browser up on the results page and was hitting, "refresh" every 30 or so seconds and took notice that when 4 WUs were reported, only two would show up on the results page as completed and validated. None showed up anywhere else, as either computation errors, invalid or pending. I've let the project run for a good couple days now and I've seem my average take a sharp nosedive even though MW is "supposed" be be the highest paying project, next to DNet, which is no longer with us.

I watched this very carefully for about an hour. As it is...a person can no longer tell what the hell is going on with the WUs as the completed WU will vanish from the results page so quickly, there's no way at all to track them at all.

Simply stated, I don't trust the MW project any longer for granting credit as it should be. Without the ability to see all the WUs completed over a 2 day span of time, there's simply no way, that I know of, to keep track of just what's going on with them.

I'm done with MW and back to what I know works the best for me. I'll try back with them after another month or two to see if the results change and if so, to what. For now.....yeah!

Yo-

joker
04-18-11, 01:35 AM
From what I have been told by other members of this team is that stats come in in a very irregular time stream. Perhaps I am wrong about this. Someone chime in and clarify for us please.

YoDude9999
04-18-11, 01:41 AM
If you're speaking of Collatz, yes, that's very true. MW generally post results very quickly. My problem with it is that, MW doesn't seem to be reporting ALL the results, just a few. I have no problems with Collatz, fully knowing the result postings comes in waves. This is likely due to, "wingmen" not always being online as I am.

Yo-

Maxwell
04-18-11, 02:05 AM
With most projects, stats come fairly regularly. However, you have to realize how stats work (in simple form).

- Validator confirms the results you upload
- Internal database is updated
- Project creates a file external sites can pick up
- Other stats sites get the file
- Stats sites update numbers
- You look at them

Due to bandwidth, history, etc. you will be behind always on external stats sites. For example: my primaboinca credits were well above (by 10k+) the 2nd update well before (by ~2 hours) the numbers were updated on Free-DC. It is what it is. You just have to accept it.

YoDude9999
04-18-11, 02:13 AM
I speak of the project web site reporting the results, not the second party sites.

Yo-

Maxwell
04-18-11, 02:21 AM
I speak of the project web site reporting the results, not the second party sites.

Yo-
Sure - but comparing MW to Collatz is like comparing a relay race to a single runner. MW is limited only by the speed of the validator on their server. Collatz requires the wingman to also complete the WU, and report the same results as you. If you have a 5870 and the wingman has a 9500GT PCI card, you'll be waiting a while.

Regardless, project websites will have the most up-to-date results. That's where I look when I'm concerned about immediate status...

Crazybob's Son
04-18-11, 05:14 PM
I started questioning what was going on over @ MW when I had to switch my 5850 over from DNET to initially Collatz, then got MW fixed (had an old app_info file pointing to wrong application). I was getting roughly 245k/day on DNET, then got maybe 200k/day or so on Collatz. Switched to MW and was getting maybe 160k/day. So something is definitely wrong w/their credit granting because MW is "supposed' to be the next best credit granter for ATI cards and with my coimputer seemed to suck horribly. This is even with running two WU's at a time.

YoDude9999
04-24-11, 02:32 AM
I have been on and off MW a few times. Ive crunched enough WUs for them to know something is amiss. I couldn't tell you how many times I've actually sat here for hours on end, carefully watching the various projects I run and how the reporting of credit shows up on the stats pages.

Collatz is easy in that, I know I have a huge pile of completed WUs that need verification. My wingman on these completed projects may not be around for a few day or perhaps is just not a, "farmer" and shuts off their boxes when their not at home or in bed.

MW in the past has been very quick to validate the work. Usually within minutes after its been reported. This is observable if you take the time to watch the results. Now granted, there are going to be instances that don't get validated so soon, but when you start getting a pile of WUs in the, "Completed - Validation Inconclusive" category and they sit there forever, tells me we aren't getting credit for them.

When the WUs are completed they SHOULD show up somewhere, Completed - Validated, Completed - Validation Pending, Completed - Error, Completed - Invalid.
Yet I've seen a lot of MW WUs don't show up anywhere and seem as though they are just lost in cyberspace, or just plain gone. Now, I'm not talking about just one or two over a period of a week or something. I'm talking about 30% or more behaving this way. I have seen as much as 50% of the completed and reported WUs not show up on the MW site.

The other problem I have with them now, is that the completed and validated results are only available to view for a very short period of time, only minutes. So, if you're not quick to check them out, you may never even see any at all. The completed WUs USED to stay on the site for at least a few days. Enough time to actually get a look at them and check them out, even if you were gone out of town for the weekend or something. Now, they will vanish in the time it take a person to go poo.

I find this very disturbing, so that's why I quit them again.

Yo-

Slicker
04-24-11, 11:12 AM
I'm open to suggestions on how to validate w/o a wingman so Collatz can grant credit as soon as the WU is returned and reported. I've thought about this quite a bit and haven't come up with a decent way to do it that wouldn't slow down the app too much.

Fire$torm
04-24-11, 12:08 PM
I'm open to suggestions on how to validate w/o a wingman so Collatz can grant credit as soon as the WU is returned and reported. I've thought about this quite a bit and haven't come up with a decent way to do it that wouldn't slow down the app too much.

But wouldn't that be an extra headache for you since it opens up your project to scandalous individuals who might tinker with your app to inflate their credits per wu?

Fogle
04-24-11, 02:35 PM
I haven't been able to track WU's on MW too, however I never have had the time to consistently check individual WU's. I just kept an eye on the statics graph and it seems to be at historic levels, so hopefully all me WU's are counting. I'm just now silghtly over 26 million so I think if they wern't counting all WU's I would see a drop in production. :confused:

YoDude9999
04-26-11, 12:19 AM
Try this test (everyone else running MW could try it too). Set MW to "Won't get new tasks". Let the WUs you have run until they are completely gone and reported. Meanwhile, run a different project for a day or two. This will give MW time to clear out all your WUs from their site. If you have WUs that show up as "Completed, validation inconclusive" do not restart MW until they are gone also (This may take a few days).

Start from a clean slate. Go to every page for WUs on THEIR site and make double sure there is nothing left to be seen. Once ALL the pages are cleared, set MW back to accept WUs and let the cache fill to the maximum of what they will give you. IMMEDIATELY, once the cache is filled, set MW back to "No new work".

Let the cache run dry while observing the various pages on the MW site. This process will only take as long as it takes the WUs you have to complete. If you're running good hardware, this will (generally) take less than 20 minutes of your time.

Look at the different pages and see where the WUs end up. Post your findings.

I found, the last time I ran MW, after turning in 8 WUs only 4 actually showed up on any of their pages for WUs. The rest were completely unaccounted for. Of the 4 that did show up, 2 were, "Completed - Validated". The other two, were "Completed- Validation Inconclusive".

By the time the next few WUs completed, the first were already gone from the "Completed - Validated" page and basically, the same thing happened again. Only half of the WUs showed up on their site. The rest were never seen to show up anywhere.

Try it yourself. Maybe I just got a bad batch of WUs, I dunno, but I'm unhappy with them.

Yo-

Oh, and as far as I know...NO other project has a, "Completed - Validation Inconclusive" category for their WUs.

joker
04-26-11, 01:21 AM
I bet your mom could validate it! :p

YoDude9999
04-27-11, 01:11 AM
Dude! Because I exist ( I think ), proves me mum's validation already. So yes! MY mum is valid too, while your mum is just "power hungry!" and "supplies" no validation whatsoever, she is however, fun to play with!

Yo-

Fogle
04-27-11, 06:48 PM
OK, I think your on to something , I'm getting the same results and on top of that now I can't get any new work units. I tried to reset the project, no luck. Then detached and reattached, now I'm showing zero credit and can't get any new WU's. :mad:
Carp! What's up with that? I'm on Prime Grid right now but need to figure out what's going on.

YoDude9999
04-27-11, 11:16 PM
What's going on is that the MW team has completely lost control over their own project and no one seems to care. They won't fix the problems, the servers are sporadic at best and they simply just don't have their $hit together anymore, if they really ever did.

I love the idea of their project, but I can't stand doing work for a project that is as inconsistent as they have been lately and it looks as though the situation is only getting worse.

If they ever get their act together, I'll go back to them, but I still won't trust them to keep things running smoothly for more than 2 weeks at a time. There's always some headache going on with those guys.

Yo-

JerWA
04-28-11, 05:57 PM
The inconclusive results just mean it's being sent again. Go look at the task, you'll see that your results hit, someone else has failed or errored, and now it's being sent a 3rd time. At least that's how all my inconclusive look. You may also notice that if you click "Pending" it shows the inconclusive, so even the project considers them still "live."

In fact, now most of mine are only showing my result, and waiting on the 2nd person to validate.

I agree that their history is too short, so it's not easy to watch what's happening.