PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a detector for sale ?

Bok
12-24-18, 10:32 AM
I have one of the originals but it stopped working a long time ago. Unfortunately wuprop zeroed out all my hours as I didn't even know it had failed and was returning invalid results.

Would like to get some hours again !!

purplecfh
01-01-19, 08:31 PM
Looks like they may be making a new batch soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

scole of TSBT
01-01-19, 10:01 PM
Might worth while getting commitments for orders from everyone and letting him know how many are wanted. I've already answered in a poll and I'll definitely take one.

scole of TSBT
01-02-19, 06:09 PM
The Radioactive@home admin, Krzysztof 'krzyszp' Piszczek, wants to know how many people would be interested in buying new detectors. The cost is estimated to be 30-33 Euros + shipping/handling to states which I guess could double the cost. How many people would be willing to buy one? I just want to pass along the info about how much serious interest there is in it. Who is interested?

purplecfh
01-02-19, 06:20 PM
I would pick at least one up, I already answered the poll on his Pateron.

Mumps
01-02-19, 06:58 PM
If I recall correctly, wasn't there an issue with shipping those Detectors at all? Didn't you need to also buy the radioactive materials needed to complete the detector from some other source? Something about an ampule or some such that he couldn't ship at all...

Just wondering so I can make sure I'm understanding the full cost before committing.

scole of TSBT
01-02-19, 09:03 PM
From krzyszp...

No, sensor doesn't need any additional parts excluding USB cable (like the one as for printers). Also, detectors can be send to US without any problems, but from last experience when we shipped it there users had to wait few weeks longer for delivery as US customs hold it quite long time.

@Bok?

Mumps
01-02-19, 10:00 PM
Payable via? Bitcoin? Paypal? How long would it take to figure out what shipping to the US would cost? Also, might shipping work out cheaper/easier if we could send them bulk to one US address then reship individuals from there?

I would definitely be interested in 1, maybe 2 seeing as I have 2 distinct locations that would make 2 detectors sensible.

Bok
01-03-19, 09:02 AM
Last time I bought one, it was via paypal, shipping was not huge and I think it only took a week or so, but I may be remembering incorrectly. I had to buy the additional clamps to connect each end of the detector but that was about it.

scole of TSBT
06-18-19, 07:32 PM
Krzysztof has more detectors available. You can order directly from him or I'm willing to arrange another 5-10 unit shipment to share the cost of an expedited service. The total cost for one shipped to you would be about $75. If interested, let me know and I'll order more.

purplecfh
06-18-19, 07:35 PM
How much would they be if we ordered a bundle of 10? I would like to have at least one maybe two.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

scole of TSBT
06-18-19, 08:25 PM
For an order of 10...
~$50 including shipping to you that I'd estimate will take up to 9 weeks.
~$65 including shipping to you that I'd estimate will take up to 3 weeks.
...per detector.

You can order directly from Krzysztof Piszczek for $42 per detector + $18 shipping for the slow shipping or $42 per detector + $50 shipping for fast delivery. Subtract a 1-2 weeks from time if ordering directly from Krzysztof.

zombie67
06-18-19, 10:06 PM
I definitely want at least one. Curious about the situation here in Reno.

Bok
06-18-19, 10:40 PM
I'll definitely take one, mine has been broken for some time. wuprop even took all my hours away because it was still running after failing :(

scole of TSBT
06-22-19, 05:36 PM
Here's what I see so far.
1 for purplecfh
1 for zombie67
1 for Bok

Anyone else interested in one? 5 or more can ship from Poland for the same cost as 3.

somanyroads
06-22-19, 08:23 PM
2 for somanyroads, please.

scole of TSBT
06-22-19, 08:38 PM
Here's what I see so far.
1 for purplecfh
1 for zombie67
1 for Bok
2 for somanyroads

Anyone else interested in one? We have 5. We can order up to 10 for the same shipping cost from Poland. They have project badges (https://signature.statseb.fr/index.py?badge=141). And remember, you are at risk of ridicule if you log WUProp hours without any project credit ;)

And is everyone ok with the fast shipping method?

EDIT: I'll put the order in Monday at the latest

EDIT1: How many with a detector have never set the location on the map under your project Computer Detail?

zombie67
06-22-19, 08:42 PM
I am fine with whatever shipping method. Thanks!

somanyroads
06-22-19, 10:38 PM
Fast shipping is fine. Thank you.

John P. Myers
06-22-19, 11:13 PM
I haven't set my location but I saw that Krzypizscrtzxpof is switching to a new map that works better so I'm not concerned. I do have my correct zip code listed in my profile if they need to know.

Bryan
06-22-19, 11:27 PM
I haven't set my location but I saw that Krzypizscrtzxpof is switching to a new map that works better so I'm not concerned. I do have my correct zip code listed in my profile if they need to know.

But you only get 1/2 the credits if you don't move your location ... 3 per hour vs 6 =))

John P. Myers
06-22-19, 11:28 PM
But you only get 1/2 the credits if you don't move your location ... 3 per hour vs 6 =))Oh? Changing my location now lol

Bryan
06-22-19, 11:36 PM
Oh? Changing my location now lol

Credit HO ... and a cheap one to boot =))

John P. Myers
06-22-19, 11:37 PM
Can't pass up double credits :D :D :D

scole of TSBT
07-25-19, 08:01 PM
Krzysztof said he should hopefully have enough detectors for our order in a week.

Bok
07-25-19, 08:52 PM
Cool!

zombie67
09-16-19, 02:06 PM
Did anything come of this? What is the latest news?

scole of TSBT
09-16-19, 05:57 PM
We didn't make the cut on the previous batch of detectors. I just PM'd krzyszp to get the status of the next batch

zombie67
09-16-19, 11:48 PM
Understood. If/when we get to get some, I will buy at least one. If more are needed to meet a minimum, I will buy more.

scole of TSBT
11-02-19, 11:57 AM
I'm still working on getting a batch...stay tuned.

zombie67
03-22-21, 02:41 PM
Any news on this?

scole of TSBT
03-22-21, 03:15 PM
I wasn't able to get any more. I haven't heard about a new batch yet but I'll keep an eye out for it. If you want the WUProp hours I'd be glad to attach your account to it

Bok
03-22-21, 03:17 PM
I wasn't able to get any more. I haven't heard about a new batch yet but I'll keep an eye out for it. If you want the WUProp hours I'd be glad to attach your account to it

I would be up for that if you don't mind, just to 100hrs.

Had a few thousand hours at one stage, but then my detector died without me knowing and was still running invalidly and wuprop detected and deleted all my hours.... :(

scole of TSBT
03-22-21, 04:22 PM
I would be up for that if you don't mind, just to 100hrs.

Had a few thousand hours at one stage, but then my detector died without me knowing and was still running invalidly and wuprop detected and deleted all my hours.... :(

PM your WUProp weak key

I've also asked Krzysztof about DIY kits.

zombie67
03-22-21, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the offer. I'm already over 100k hours, so I am good on the wuprop angle. I want to crunch to check out my living area, and to push up my credits to 1m. So I will definitely buy some if the opportunity comes up.

scole of TSBT
03-25-21, 06:03 AM
Krzysztof Piszczek said this detector would work with the project...
https://www.amazon.com/GQ-GMC300EPlus-Fulfill-Radiation-Detector/dp/B00IN8TJYY

It's not plug and play though. See instructions here...
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VKDHaN4-cvKWEy-CnC9LQ1LhsKlFfQRZ

scole of TSBT
05-27-21, 01:34 PM
Better instructions for using a GMC-300 detector. It works cuz I bought a GMC-300E, fumbled through the broken English instructions from way back and re-wrote them. Would have gotten me an A in Technical Writing class...

This is a Windows implementation. I might see if I can hack together a linux version.

Download and unzip the contents onto your computer. Follow the Radioactive_GMC300E_readme.pdf guide. Worked for me.
Radioactive@home gmc-300.zip (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cKs-e6PQCA2tjvJ6c-jTaZBVCGnPaO0-/view?usp=sharing)

zombie67
05-27-21, 07:58 PM
Thanks for this! I will give it a try. Quick question: When I search on "GMC-300E", I get links to amazon for a "plus" version. Is that what you used?

https://www.amazon.com/GQ-GMC300EPlus-Fulfill-Radiation-Detector/dp/B00IN8TJYY

I looked on GQ's web page, and I couldn't find anything without "plus" in the name.

https://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/comersus/store/LeftStart.asp?idCategory=50

I want to make sure I get the right one.

scole of TSBT
05-27-21, 08:25 PM
Thanks for this! I will give it a try. Quick question: When I search on "GMC-300E", I get links to amazon for a "plus" version. Is that what you used?yup. This one...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IN8TJYY

And please note, this is a Windows host only option

zombie67
05-27-21, 08:28 PM
Ordered. I will report back later.

zombie67
06-05-21, 01:38 AM
Ordered. I will report back later.

Working! Thanks!

One note: The instructions require to "-Open the Windows Device Manager. You should have a section labeled Ports (COM & LPT) with a device named USB-SERIAL CH340 with the com port used in parentheses, Remember that com port number." The problem is that only my very old (4th gen intel) machine even has a "ports" section in the Device Manager. None of my newer intel or AMD machines have a "ports" section. Perhaps this is something like a legacy setting in the BIOS of newer machines that could be turned on? Not sure. So before you decide to buy this device, double check your Device Manager.

scole of TSBT
06-05-21, 05:52 AM
Working! Thanks!

One note: The instructions require to "-Open the Windows Device Manager. You should have a section labeled Ports (COM & LPT) with a device named USB-SERIAL CH340 with the com port used in parentheses, Remember that com port number." The problem is that only my very old (4th gen intel) machine even has a "ports" section in the Device Manager. None of my newer intel or AMD machines have a "ports" section. Perhaps this is something like a legacy setting in the BIOS of newer machines that could be turned on? Not sure. So before you decide to buy this device, double check your Device Manager.So it's not working on a newer AMD machine?

EDIT: See if the info on this page will help. Check the section labeled "Native method to mount virtual COM ports in Windows 10"
https://www.virtual-serial-port.org/articles/com-port-on-windows-10/