PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not being allowed to run GPU only?

JerWA
04-12-11, 01:02 PM
When I go to my preferences on PrimeGrid it's auto selecting 3 CPU sub projects, despite me unchecking them. I've tried from 2 browsers to make sure it wasn't a Firefox/IE bug, same behavior from both.

I wanted to see the new GPU apps, but not if they're going to force me to run unrelated crap too.

Just me?

Edit: Nevermind, found a way around it in their forums. Just unchecked CPU work in the top selection.

joker
04-12-11, 01:18 PM
Yep, they got me with that one too when I first started. Sneaky buggers.

denim
04-13-11, 04:22 PM
Even with only GPU and one CPU project checked, I am getting the occasional CPU task from other sub projects.

Fire$torm
04-13-11, 05:00 PM
Even with only GPU and one CPU project checked, I am getting the occasional CPU task from other sub projects.

At the bottom of the check list is an option to accept work from other sub-projects when your preferred ones run out of work. Make sure that is unchecked.

joker
04-13-11, 05:08 PM
What F$ said. :)

denim
04-14-11, 03:53 PM
At the bottom of the check list is an option to accept work from other sub-projects when your preferred ones run out of work. Make sure that is unchecked.

I thought mine was unchecked, I will check to see if it is unchecked tonight.

denim
04-16-11, 11:44 PM
I did have it unchecked and I still just got some CPU sub-project WU's. PPS Seive CPU mostly. Much prefer the 40 minutes the GPU is knocking these out in compared the 70 hours the CPU is taking.

JerWA
04-17-11, 12:58 AM
If you want no CPU tasks at all, uncheck CPU at the top of the list. It's the only way, as there are a couple of CPU projects that check themselves even if you uncheck them.

If you want specific CPU projects, send them hate-mail for breaking the sub project selection routine.

denim
04-19-11, 08:27 AM
If you want no CPU tasks at all, uncheck CPU at the top of the list. It's the only way, as there are a couple of CPU projects that check themselves even if you uncheck them.

If you want specific CPU projects, send them hate-mail for breaking the sub project selection routine.

Ahh, ok. I will have to try it that way and worry about upgrading badges later.