PDA

View Full Version : computer acting strange.

shiva
05-30-19, 11:13 PM
I have an i7 machine that is acting weird. I boot it up and every thing seems to boot right, then 15 or 20 minutes later I look and it is off. I have ran temp checks on the cpu's, video card and MB and everything is well within specs. then I boot it up and set down and use it and it runs for hours. today I loaded u tube and started videos and let them run for about 5 hours and the machine never shut down. anyone have an idea as to what is going on. Ideas needed.

John P. Myers
05-30-19, 11:44 PM
If your computer has any UV lighting in it, bugs may have been attracted to that and died on the circuitry. I had that happen during the pentathlon with similar symptoms as yours until windows wouldn't finish loading anymore before it rebooted itself.

shiva
05-31-19, 12:30 AM
If your computer has any UV lighting in it, bugs may have been attracted to that and died on the circuitry. I had that happen during the pentathlon with similar symptoms as yours until windows wouldn't finish loading anymore before it rebooted itself.I will check that out, there is some lights on the PS

Bryan
05-31-19, 01:04 AM
I had a 64t machine do something similar right about the time we started DHEP. It would run for a short period and then crash. Turned out to be the 6 year old PSU.

scole of TSBT
05-31-19, 07:32 AM
I have an i7 machine that is acting weird. I boot it up and every thing seems to boot right, then 15 or 20 minutes later I look and it is off. I have ran temp checks on the cpu's, video card and MB and everything is well within specs. then I boot it up and set down and use it and it runs for hours. today I loaded u tube and started videos and let them run for about 5 hours and the machine never shut down. anyone have an idea as to what is going on. Ideas needed.
Check the Power Options and make sure they are set on High Performance. I think a Windows update might be able to change to something else that puts it to sleep after 15 minutes of no activity

shiva
05-31-19, 02:18 PM
Check the Power Options and make sure they are set on High Performance. I think a Windows update might be able to change to something else that puts it to sleep after 15 minutes of no activity
well that really makes me mad. that is what it was , I never thought of that but it must have been an update, it didn't put it to sleep but it shut it down. thanks for the help.

VietOZ
06-12-19, 12:28 AM
windows updates can be Pita. It fixed one thing, cause another thing to error. i don't really hate it,but it's very annoying.
1903 update can crash your nvidia driver so watch out for that. Had to reinstalled mine