PDA

View Full Version : DHEP Not actually using CPUs?

sandtiger
08-20-19, 08:23 AM
Walked in the other room with my PC in it and my it was blowing out cold air, which was odd because I knew BIONC was supposed to be running on it.
Looked looked at Task Manager and it was showing minimal CPU usage. I thought, that was odd so I restarted BIONC and this is what happened.
There was a spike in CPU load then it went back down to about 5% CPU usage.
Is there something wrong with DHEP now?

VietOZ
08-20-19, 11:10 AM
DHEP had been down since yesterday. I can't even access their website

Bryan
08-20-19, 11:34 AM
DHEP sounds like a prime candidate for the FB Sprint then. =))

Mumps
08-20-19, 11:09 PM
I wonder if their random project selector would grab Xansons... It is in the list, even though CAS is not... :))

VietOZ
08-21-19, 12:59 AM
SaM gave us this list
"here's the list of likely candidates. Acoustics@home, BURP, DENIS@Home, Enigma@home, VGTU@home, XANSONS for COD, YAFU"
add in CSG and we can be off for another week:D

Mumps
08-21-19, 07:54 AM
Might as well throw Wanless in there. All the Windows folks would cry and the project doesn't handle ramping up production well at all. :)

shiva
08-21-19, 02:39 PM
anyone know what is going on over at DHEP. should we keep running it or abort wu's and go to something else

pinhodecarlos
08-21-19, 03:06 PM
Will see if I still have access to the server to kick it up.

Edit: server lost power, can’t see it. Sorry. Maybe I’ll ring Michael.

shiva
08-21-19, 06:25 PM
Will see if I still have access to the server to kick it up.

Edit: server lost power, can’t see it. Sorry. Maybe I’ll ring Michael.

thanks for the effort

wolfman1360
09-01-19, 09:25 PM
My Ryzen was sitting at 3% cpu this morning.
I'm glad I saw this post. Apparently they also ran out of funding. Can't find the actual post since the forum is down.
I suspended for now. Time to slave away on these amazingly long Universe tasks.

Bryan
09-01-19, 09:44 PM
Wolfman, I'd suggest waiting on Universe maybe for another week or two. Last week they increased the running time of their WU by 3X but left the fixed credit level the same. So in effect they cut the credit payout to 1/3. The admin received enough push back from people that he has said he will raise the credits by a factor of 1.5 or 2X on the NEXT batch of WU. It's going to take a while for the next batch to start being issued.

If you go look at the statistics on the project for "top computers" and then select "tasks" and "valid" for one of the top computers you can see the points being awarded for a WU. When it changes from the current 666.66 to a different number then you will know it is time to start running it again :D