PDA

View Full Version : This is not going to be fun

Bok
04-01-20, 12:56 PM
So, I finally cancelled my Time Warner / Spectrum account and will lose my old roadrunner email address in 17days time which I've had for over 20 years.

Unfortunately it's also what I've always used for BOINC :(

So now I've gone thru and updated all the ones I can to be my gmail address and of course I probably now have a dozen different CPID's to try and sync up.

Trying to figure out the best way to do this??

zombie67
04-01-20, 02:10 PM
Yikes. Worse than losing your credit card, and having to update all your accounts.

Bryan
04-01-20, 02:39 PM
You certainly have more knowledge of this than I do, but I've never had any luck trying to have 2 email addresses sync into one account. I believe you will wind up with 2 accounts, one on the old email address that will have all your projects and credits for the "retired" projects and the other with new stuff.

I run projects on a "junk" account until I get it to 1M. Then I change the email address to my "real" account and crunch a few WU under that email attachment. Then things get in sync and move to my good account.

Bok
04-01-20, 02:59 PM
Looks like the split has begun, now a few projects have updated !

I can certainly update all the retired projects in the Free-DC stats, so hopefully I'll get this done in a few days. I'd hate to lose some of my MM's !!

purplecfh
04-01-20, 05:56 PM
I still use a dead account for boinc to avoid this exact problem.

Bok
04-02-20, 09:03 AM
so update, I think I've got everything updated with one exception. Collatz - I can't recall my password for that project and the reset password gives an smtp connect error, plus there is no option to login with the weak authenticator that I can see.

Is Jon still around ? I emailed him yesterday but haven;t had a response yet, I guess I should be more patient.