PDA

View Full Version : Buying an AMD Ryzen 5 looking for MB

trigggl
04-25-20, 03:28 PM
My main PC has died and I've finally decided to upgrade. I want to stick with Intel, but they apparently love their name too much. So...I'm heading over to the AMD side while trying to stay on a low budget. I'm trying to get a new MB for closer to $100 dollars than $200 dollars and receive it before May 2020. On Amazon, I can't seem to find any good ones (and new) that will be in stock before May. Does anyone know where I can get a good deal and in this month? I'm currently looking for a B450 board, but I can go smaller if I need to.

Perhaps I just need to wait until the middle of May?

purplecfh
04-25-20, 03:30 PM
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b450m-ds3h/p/N82E16813145083?&quicklink=true

Looks like newegg has several to chose from for under $100, just check the cpu support on them some of them only support the 65w ryzen.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

trigggl
05-13-20, 02:33 PM
I did buy an ASUS board and after much fighting with it, I finally got a GUI up and running.

sddm doesn't like me anymore. I had to install gdm. The software was fighting me every step of the way.

Now that I know I can get to GUI, now I can start working on getting sddm working. I'm currently working in MATE instead of Plasma until I feel like Plasma is behaving. It's really weird seeing 12 processors on gkrellm.

Fire$torm
05-14-20, 09:53 PM
Congrats Trigggl. Glad you got things sorted out.