PDA

View Full Version : Any decent credit projects these days?

DrPop
07-29-20, 02:48 PM
I am in a crunching funk. :( Finally hit 25M at Universe, so I thought I'd gun for 10M at Numberfields, but the credits are so low - at least for me, I'm getting roughly 1/3 of what I got at Universe, and that's adding in the GPUs! :(

Anyone have a GOOD high credit project I should hit? I'm just looking for ideas to boost the enjoyment again. :cool:

pinhodecarlos
07-29-20, 02:53 PM
NFS@Home the 16e app.

Al
07-29-20, 03:25 PM
I am in a crunching funk. :( Finally hit 25M at Universe, so I thought I'd gun for 10M at Numberfields, but the credits are so low - at least for me, I'm getting roughly 1/3 of what I got at Universe, and that's adding in the GPUs! :(

Anyone have a GOOD high credit project I should hit? I'm just looking for ideas to boost the enjoyment again. :cool:
Geez Jed, you should have been at numberfields before they recently raised the credit.

For gpus, you might try TF at SRBase or Minecraft@home. They are both relatively new projects or sub-projects and you may not have worked them yet. As for cpus, I'll be honest, I don't look at credits/day as much as my next MM or badge goal...then I just set and forget it until I get there...sometimes it's quicker than I expect because "he who remain nameless" (Bryan) helps me out...considerably. If you're looking for pure credits, gpu doesn't get any better than Collatz...go for another billion. As for cpus, Asteroids doesn't seem to suck.

or you could build one of those new AMD machines that everyone is raving about and everything will be exciting again. ;)

Bryan
07-29-20, 05:23 PM
Minecraft sucks for GPU payout ... at least for now. It had its moments of high pay but I didn't get to experience it :(

If you want to try a new one on CPU give MLC a whirl ... it pays fairly well. HERE (https://www.mlcathome.org/mlcathome/)

Al
07-29-20, 09:50 PM
If you want to try a new one on CPU give MLC a whirl ... it pays fairly well. HERE (https://www.mlcathome.org/mlcathome/)

I forgot about that one. Bryan's right, you might want to head there.

DrPop
07-31-20, 01:41 AM
OK, thanks guys! I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Dave gpu
08-01-20, 03:45 PM
New Nonboinc project For GPU, find drugs to fight COVID-19
https://quarantine.infino.me/

dcushing
08-13-20, 10:50 PM
Primegrid, ppsr2seive... 3371 credits for 10 min or less on gpu... about the best around now a days... or collatz..

Al
08-13-20, 11:20 PM
If you have any Turing card, SRBase TF will currently get you 550 points for between 45 - 70 seconds of work.

DrPop
08-16-20, 02:08 AM
NFS@Home the 16e app.

Which one of these is 16e?

lasieved - app for RSALS subproject, uses less than 0.5 GB memory
lasievee - work nearly always available, uses up to 0.5 GB memory
lasievef - used for huge factorizations, uses up to 1 GB memory
lasieve5f - used for huge factorizations, uses up to 1 GB memory

Hit my 1M on MLC and doing SRBase on the GPUs.
Thanks!

pinhodecarlos
08-16-20, 03:09 AM
Last two but only one is active...can’t remember which one.

DrPop
08-16-20, 04:03 PM
Last two but only one is active...can’t remember which one.

Thanks, I'll give those a shot. :-bd

DrPop
08-17-20, 11:46 AM
Well, if my credit drops to zero for a few days...they are doing rolling blackouts in Cali and not sure if our area will be one of them, but I turned off the two non-essential rigs and not sure if I'll keep crunching on the front computer or not for a few days. :(

zombie67
08-17-20, 12:08 PM
California has turned into a third-world clown state. So glad I GTFO.

Mumps
08-17-20, 07:43 PM
But was Reno far enough away to avoid the wild fires? Or 120+ degree temps? Looks like your thermometer at least looks nicer... :))

zombie67
08-18-20, 09:30 AM
But was Reno far enough away to avoid the wild fires? Or 120+ degree temps? Looks like your thermometer at least looks nicer... :))

The Reno valley is choked with smoke from the CA fires. But nothing serious on this side of the border yet. And no rolling black-outs (ever). We built sufficient electricity to supply the state. Meanwhile CA is busy shutting down the last of the clean nuclear plants when they are already short supply. Idiots.

DrPop
08-19-20, 06:12 PM
I have to side with Z on this one. :( Things are not looking very pretty over here right now. I'm doing my best to keep a trickle of credits coming through while I can...hopefully shouldn't last too long.

zombie67
08-19-20, 07:44 PM
When the wind blows too hard, they turn off the power due to fire hazard. When the wind blows too slow, they have rolling blackouts because the wind turbines don't generate enough power. When it's too hot, they have rolling blackouts because the air-conditioning uses "too much" power. It is seriously worse than many third-world nations. Oh yeah, and the electricity is 40% more expensive than anywhere else in the nation. This is what happens when you go all in on green energy without an actual plan beyond "we'll run it on unicorn farts!"