PDA

View Full Version : anyone following Reddit v hedge fund short sellers?

MindCrime
01-26-21, 11:34 PM
I'm sure id explain it poorly but basically, a bunch of Redditors are driving the price of Game Stop stock up to screw over a huge short sell..and people are making huge money off it, and many say it's just the beginning.

Anyone participating? I'm interested to follow them to their next target.

https://marker.medium.com/gamestop-proves-were-in-a-meme-stock-bubble-b3f39163a77f

Ron Shurtz
01-27-21, 08:04 PM
I have followed it a little, and I'm somewhat guilty at enjoying seeing someone other than the billionaire hedge funders manipulating the market.
It appears that some of the selling short big boys lost a considerable amount on their bet that Game Stop would fail.
Sorry, no tears here. :)

MindCrime
01-27-21, 10:18 PM
I have followed it a little, and I'm somewhat guilty at enjoying seeing someone other than the billionaire hedge funders manipulating the market.
It appears that some of the selling short big boys lost a considerable amount on their bet that Game Stop would fail.
Sorry, no tears here. :)

agreed no tears. i even downloaded the Robinhood app and bought a little.

MindCrime
01-28-21, 09:53 AM
agreed no tears. i even downloaded the Robinhood app and bought a little.

well i think im done with the robinhood app already. theyre locking out trades on certain stocks. so much for that name "robinhood"

denim
02-16-21, 08:57 AM
I watched it very closely. While the money flooded towards meme stonks, some great stocks dropped. I bought the dip on great stocks while everyone was worried about the hype.