PDA

View Full Version : How many MMORPG players do we have?

YoDude9999
04-23-11, 12:49 AM
....and WHAT are you currently playing?

I'll start....In the past, Dark Age of Camelot, Age of Conan, Warhammer and Aion, in that order. Currently, Rift. So far it has been the best I've played.

Yo-

P.S. I'll say it now so EVERYONE knows. World of Warcraft was NOT the first mmorpg. Nor, is it the best game ever and it never will be. WoW just doesn't count.

-GER-
04-23-11, 09:06 AM
I played Meridian 59 which if not the 1st was one of them.

Did the Everquest and WOW thing.

Not playing anything currently, might try another if I can find a good one.

Steve Bohlen
04-23-11, 09:17 AM
Used to love them, but the time commitment is usually too much. Just don't have the time now. Played EQ for 3+ years. Loved it. Best gaming experience ever. A couple of web based games here and there over the past few years (mostly OGame, if that even counts as one).

Mike029
04-23-11, 11:38 AM
I started Ultima Online (1998 till 2003), Star Wars Galaxies (2003 till the NGE which ruined the game), Age of Conan (2008 till Warhammer was released later in 2008.

Then went to Wow for a bit (2009 Lich King ) and have not played anything since quitting wow in late 2009. Tried to play Rift but did not get into it. I'm waiting on Star Wars TOR hoping it is worth playing.

joker
04-23-11, 03:36 PM
I used to play Subspace. Does that count??

Fire$torm
04-23-11, 03:43 PM
Used to love them, but the time commitment is usually too much. Just don't have the time now. Played EQ for 3+ years. Loved it. Best gaming experience ever. A couple of web based games here and there over the past few years (mostly OGame, if that even counts as one).

My friends and I called EQ Ever-Crack as in Crack Cocaine. Users just couldn't stop playing it.....

I have watched a friend play WoW. It is way too involved for my grey matter.

YoDude9999
04-23-11, 06:57 PM
Been playing Rift for a couple months now. It's a pretty good game and is probably playable on most anything. I run it on a single 9800gt no problem at max settings.

There's a lot of things to do in the game. Of course all the regular stuff, questing, crafting, gaining levels and such. But, there's much much more to the game than the typical stuff. Earning achievements, artifact hunting along with cooperative PVP.

You can even venture in the "other side's" domain and usually not have to worry too much about other players trying to gank or zerg you, which is nice. There's puzzles to figure out and though the graphics are not as nice as they were on Conan (AoC has the best graphics I've ever seen in one of these games), you tend to not pay too much attention to that because of all there is to see and all the places to go.

Game play is easy and you can actually solo quite a lot of the game though there are places that everyone needs some help with.

I would recommend the game to anyone looking for an MMO to play.

Yo-

Also, our guild needs a few more good players to help out in the fun!

YoDude9999
04-23-11, 07:00 PM
Well at least you tried it, so you've earned some faction at least.

Would you elaborate a bit on what it was that you couldn't get into?
How long did you play it?

Yo-

John P. Myers
04-24-11, 12:44 AM
Final Fantasy XI for 5 years

-GER-
04-24-11, 08:41 PM
Been playing Rift for a couple months now. It's a pretty good game and is probably playable on most anything. I run it on a single 9800gt no problem at max settings.

There's a lot of things to do in the game. Of course all the regular stuff, questing, crafting, gaining levels and such. But, there's much much more to the game than the typical stuff. Earning achievements, artifact hunting along with cooperative PVP.

You can even venture in the "other side's" domain and usually not have to worry too much about other players trying to gank or zerg you, which is nice. There's puzzles to figure out and though the graphics are not as nice as they were on Conan (AoC has the best graphics I've ever seen in one of these games), you tend to not pay too much attention to that because of all there is to see and all the places to go.

Game play is easy and you can actually solo quite a lot of the game though there are places that everyone needs some help with.

I would recommend the game to anyone looking for an MMO to play.

Yo-

Also, our guild needs a few more good players to help out in the fun!

Thanks, I will check it out