PDA

View Full Version : Getting some Lattice work

trigggl
04-24-11, 09:32 PM
http://boinc.umiacs.umd.edu/

I got a few GARLI's. I'm sure there's more available. EDIT: He says right before having trouble getting more.

EDIT No.2: These are some high ram tasks. My Dell (2 Gig) is maxed out and the new build (4 Gig) is also maxed out with 2 tasks each.

GregK
04-24-11, 11:08 PM
your better off tossing that lettuce! takes too much ram.

joker
04-24-11, 11:24 PM
I can't remember what I was going...............

Maxwell
04-26-11, 11:07 PM
Aside from a crapton of RAM, how are these WUs?

Side note: BOINC code works. Apparently, if you uncheck the "Use CPU" box on a project, it REALLY won't give you WUs. And piss you off when you forget you set it that way...:p

trigggl
04-27-11, 08:57 AM
Aside from a crapton of RAM, how are these WUs?

Side note: BOINC code works. Apparently, if you uncheck the "Use CPU" box on a project, it REALLY won't give you WUs. And piss you off when you forget you set it that way...:p

They were doing well, up until this morning. Now they all have download errors. The md5sum check is failing. Whether or not that means the task will fail, I have no idea. I don't like working on stuff that fails verification. Don't know if boinc will work it if you turn verification off.

denim
04-28-11, 12:03 AM
Had one DL failure, another with less then 2 hours left on it.

trigggl
04-28-11, 07:33 PM
I'm getting GARLI's again. Get'em before their server screws up again.

NJCaNS
04-29-11, 09:55 AM
I'm getting GARLI's again. Get'em before their server screws up again.I'm there. LAF's on our heels going for our 3rd place. Everyone with a decent rig should grab one or two. This is one of those long shot 5 million team MM's. We're less than a million away but with work sparsely given out it will take time getting there. But there will only be a few teams able to reach 5 million credits here and we should be one of them.

zombie67
04-30-11, 02:13 AM
I forget, does the GARLI app checkpoint?

trigggl
04-30-11, 10:56 AM
I forget, does the GARLI app checkpoint?

I'm pretty sure it does. Would wuprop have that information?

zombie67
04-30-11, 11:54 AM
I'm pretty sure it does. Would wuprop have that information?

Found it. I forgot what a great app page they have. Other projects should do the same.

http://boinc.umiacs.umd.edu/apps.php

Fogle
04-30-11, 01:30 PM
WOW, run Primaboinc, run DNA run lattice??? What a choice, what to do?? What to do??:confused:

zombie67
05-01-11, 12:16 AM
WOW, run Primaboinc, run DNA run lattice??? What a choice, what to do?? What to do??:confused:

Why not all of them?

Fogle
05-01-11, 07:12 PM
OK, your on I'm now running all three, and... the only one I'm getting work from is:
you guessed it PrimaBoinc. :((

zombie67
05-02-11, 02:19 AM
OK, your on I'm now running all three, and... the only one I'm getting work from is:
you guessed it PrimaBoinc. :((

That is not a "problem". You join multiple projects, and work on those that have work at any given time. That is the point of the BOINC architecture. Avoiding idle time.

trigggl
05-02-11, 07:29 AM
That is not a "problem". You join multiple projects, and work on those that have work at any given time. That is the point of the BOINC architecture. Avoiding idle time.

Which is how I discovered there was work for Lattice. One day it just showed up in my task list. I leave the majority of the projects I have less than 10k on active. These last ones take forever to get credit in.

zombie67
05-18-11, 09:45 PM
FYI, there is more GARLI work available. We have 4.2M as a team. It would be nice to get the 5M MM.

denim
05-23-11, 06:25 PM
Sadly, I have only one box that can really handle it right now.

denim
07-02-11, 08:44 PM
I have to WU's that seem to be never ending. One is sitting at 179 hours, the other at 104. The heat and memory draw is bonkers. I don't remember them dragging on this long, especially on this fast box.

NJCaNS
07-02-11, 11:32 PM
I have to WU's that seem to be never ending. One is sitting at 179 hours, the other at 104. The heat and memory draw is bonkers. I don't remember them dragging on this long, especially on this fast box.Don't know what to tell you. Some WU's here do take a long time. I'll check my boxes because several look for work but over the last few months I've done several WU's and I'm not aware of excessive times to complete. By excessive time I mean several days I mean 4 or more days. Earlier this year there were some ugly ones though.

I have a personal (unsubstantiated) belief that the Lattice WU's complete faster if the PC is only used for crunching and if only Lattice is the only(main) project running. If Boinc or the PC is splitting time with other activities, the Lattice WU's take longer to complete.

zombie67
07-03-11, 03:45 AM
"Stay on target!"

denim
07-03-11, 08:56 AM
"Stay on target!"

I am. Go Terps!

denim
07-05-11, 03:25 PM
Well both timed out and zero credit for 300approx hours of crunching. :mad:

zombie67
07-05-11, 09:38 PM
Well both timed out and zero credit for 300approx hours of crunching. :mad:

Did you mention it to the admin on their forum? They have manually corrected credits in the past.

denim
07-06-11, 03:05 PM
Did you mention it to the admin on their forum? They have manually corrected credits in the past.

I will ask, thanks.

denim
07-07-11, 03:13 PM

They granted me credit for one of the two: http://boinc.umiacs.umd.edu/forum_thread.php?id=632#4853 :)

Fogle
09-09-11, 12:31 PM
Whoot !!! For SETI.USA I have the number #1 RAC stat. :) That's the first time that's happened. The Lattice Project.:cool:

denim
09-09-11, 01:15 PM
Is anyone getting any WU's? I have Lattice always set to accept new work and I have seen nothing in a while.

Scratch that, it looks like 15 credits came in from one of my boxes.