PDA

View Full Version : WUProp: Project end

RSS
03-08-22, 04:12 AM
I have no time to manage correctly the project.
So the work generation has been stopped and the project will be offline in a few days.

More... (http://wuprop.boinc-af.org/forum_thread.php?id=598)

Al
03-08-22, 05:29 AM
Wow...wasn't that abrupt?

Al
03-08-22, 07:42 AM
Who knows, maybe someone will be willing to take over the project for Seb. If not, and you're close on a star upgrade, now would be a good time to go after it, if for no other reason than prosperity.

I see this decision making it much harder to get a new project off the ground because the Star Chasers will have no reason to help get it off to a good start. Let's hope Free-DC and BoincStats continue because without stats I see a big exodus from DC. We are a competitive bunch.

zombie67
03-08-22, 09:04 AM
I am only 1 app away from a 7th badge. Nuts!

zombie67
03-08-22, 07:39 PM
Everyone be sure to turn on stats export, in your preferences at wuprop. That way free-dc will be able to archive your wuprop stats/hours/badges there.

shiva
03-09-22, 12:09 PM
well *&^%* I'm only 22 thousand away from another 2.5M milestone. I know those guys running these projects have a RL too but crap.

Mumps
03-09-22, 09:00 PM
The only silver lining to this abrupt demise is that Seti.USA will have a locked in #1 spot. Both for the Team, and Top User. :)

Al
03-10-22, 09:42 AM
Seems that Seb may be willing to transfer the project to someone else, if they have the skills, time and capacity to run it. Maybe wuprop is not dead forever. I would suggest you detach from the project now as any new host of the project will have a different IP and you will probably have to rejoin anyway because email addresses might not transfer. You may want to take a screenshot of your badges/hours to make sure you get credited correctly if it does come back online.

shiva
03-11-22, 11:34 AM
well hell I was going to agree to take it over till you listed those 3 requirements, that leaves me out, that means one of you more educated need to step up. ;)