PDA

View Full Version : new domain for site

Bok
04-25-11, 11:33 AM
New domain (www.setiusa.us) is now pointing to the correct place. I've put in some apache rewrite rules so anyone still going to the setiusa.free-dc.org pages are automatically redirected here..This part was a little difficult as we also wanted to strip out the /vbforum/ part of the url to make http://www.setiusa.us the homepage. It will unfortunately require everyone to re-login as the cookie will now be stored against the new domain. Other than that it will hopefully be transparent. Thankyou Dr. Dan for giving the domain to the admins! Bok

Mike029
04-25-11, 11:54 AM
Great Job.
Thanks for everything Bok.

DrPop
04-25-11, 12:11 PM
Success! :)

Public thank you to Dr. Dan for the domain, and to BOK and Mr. Hankey for making it all work. Did I mention you guys rock?
I was just the facilitator on this one. (i.e. the back alley dealer with the BlackOps mafia connections.) LOL! ;)

EDIT: Does anyone know what setting I need to click so we can make this an Article on the Front Page? Maybe Maxwell? I'd like the whole crew to know the new Domain, and they'd see it right off if it was on the front page.
Thanks!

c303a
04-25-11, 12:24 PM
Great work. It all seems to be gelling the way it should. Thanks all.

Fire$torm
04-25-11, 01:06 PM
Yahoooooo!!!!

Much Gratitude to all who made this happen.

joker
04-25-11, 01:47 PM
I wondered why I had to log in.

Beerdrinker
04-25-11, 02:54 PM
I wondered why I had to log in.

Same here....But itīs all good now. :p

Maxwell
04-25-11, 04:30 PM
EDIT: Does anyone know what setting I need to click so we can make this an Article on the Front Page? Maybe Maxwell? I'd like the whole crew to know the new Domain, and they'd see it right off if it was on the front page.
Thanks!
I've got it as the top article on the front page now. If you want edits to it, I can do that as well.

DrPop
04-25-11, 04:44 PM
I've got it as the top article on the front page now. If you want edits to it, I can do that as well.

Much obliged, Sir. ;)

trigggl
04-25-11, 04:57 PM
Things are looking up.

Thanks Bok for doing so much for this team.
Thanks DrDan for the domain name.
=D>=D>

Mr. Hankey
04-26-11, 12:25 AM
Yep, this has been a long time in coming. I hope you all like it. I don't know about you but I think its pretty cool we are the premiere us team and we have a .us domain name now too.

joker
04-26-11, 01:30 AM
Hope it helps to attract new members!!

Crazybob
04-26-11, 01:40 PM
Great job! Thanks to BOK and DrDan for everything!