PDA

View Full Version : Hello from another new guy

Fred
05-01-11, 11:48 AM
Hi there, just joined this team but I'm not new to Boinc or Seti - have run Seti since 99 and also run some other projects. Finally passed the mil credit mark today - adding that video card is paying off.

Beerdrinker
05-01-11, 12:49 PM
Hey there..

WELCOME to the team!!!

Fire$torm
05-01-11, 01:36 PM
Greetings Fred and welcome.

Congratulations on that awesome milestone.

F$

Steve Bohlen
05-01-11, 05:01 PM
Nice and congrats! Welcome to the team.

Fogle
05-01-11, 06:23 PM
Hi, great to hear from you. Welcome to the team! :)

DrPop
05-02-11, 02:27 AM
Wow, 1Mil in SETI@Home...that is something, for sure. Congrats on your efforts and welcome to the team, mate! :D

Fred
05-02-11, 07:57 AM
Wow, 1Mil in SETI@Home...that is something, for sure. Congrats on your efforts and welcome to the team, mate! :D

Oops, guess my note was misleading - that's 1M total Boinc (7 projects), only 467k in Seti, although it remains my #1 project.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Crazybob
05-02-11, 03:24 PM
Welcome aboard Fred!

Crazybob's Son
05-02-11, 06:47 PM
Welcome to the team Fred! Feel free to post any questions that you may have and I'm sure someone here will be able to answer it.

GregK
05-02-11, 09:20 PM
welcome fred to the team! i just got me a video card myself after yrs of cpu only crunching. nice to see you around keep posting!:)

Fred
05-03-11, 09:54 AM
Question - The project sites (SETI, Einstein) are still showing me as having no team. Did I just join the forums and need to do more to get the team associated with my id? Think the team name is supposed to be tied to the CPID, but I don't think I provided the CPID when I signed up). Or do I just need to wait a little longer?

Crazybob's Son
05-03-11, 09:56 AM
Question - The project sites (SETI, Einstein) are still showing me as having no team. Did I just join the forums and need to do more to get the team associated with my id? Think the team name is supposed to be tied to the CPID, but I don't think I provided the CPID when I signed up). Or do I just need to wait a little longer?

Each of the specific project sites should show immediately as part of the team. You have to join in each individual project as well. From your account page, you have to click the "Join a Team" link. Then search for "SETI.USA" in caps and we should show up as top of the list. We have a link to our team in most of the projects here (http://www.setiusa.net/join.html).

- Jason aka Crazybob's Son

Fred
05-03-11, 12:14 PM
Thanks, it worked of course. Had tried this but I just didn't see that small print "join this team". Guess I need that eye surgery after all.
Fred

Shadow
05-03-11, 01:00 PM
Hiya Fred, welcome to the team! **==

Mike029
05-03-11, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the team!!!!