PDA

View Full Version : Blame it on the rain

trigggl
05-01-11, 04:47 PM
It only takes one night of rain to knock an entire neighborhood's fences down. This is what happens when people knowingly build structure in a flood plain.

Here's the entrance to my yard. This section of fence is completely missing.
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5522/1001633m.jpg

...and here's the exit. The chain link fence didn't escape the destruction, either.
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/4392/1001632.jpg

Bok
05-01-11, 05:48 PM
Yikes!!!!!!

trigggl
05-01-11, 06:03 PM
And that's why you don't build in a known flood plain. I bought the house with the fence, but it looks like I'll be selling it some day without it.

Dorsilfin
05-01-11, 06:09 PM
I would have gotten a raft and went for the ride lol!

but Oh man! thats crazy how easy water can just own stuff

trigggl
05-01-11, 10:45 PM
I would have gotten a raft and went for the ride lol!

but Oh man! thats crazy how easy water can just own stuff

You probably could have taken a ride on my fence as it went downstream.

joker
05-01-11, 10:48 PM
Time to build a new one! ;)

DrPop
05-02-11, 02:20 AM
Man, that's just nuts. I don't know if I'd even bother rebuilding the fence if you get rain like that often...;):(

trigggl
05-02-11, 07:31 AM
Time to build a new one! ;)

That fence is Jericho. It's coming down.

EDIT: Maybe today even. I'm all dressed up and nowhere to go. All the routes I know to work are flooded. People are driving around like ants looking for a way to their destination. I went back home and called my supervisor to see if he found a way to work. He didn't even try. Jacksonville, Arkansas is an island without a bridge. My backyard is clear, though.

Dandasarge
05-02-11, 09:20 AM
That fence is Jericho. It's coming down.

EDIT: Maybe today even. I'm all dressed up and nowhere to go. All the routes I know to work are flooded. People are driving around like ants looking for a way to their destination. I went back home and called my supervisor to see if he found a way to work. He didn't even try. Jacksonville, Arkansas is an island without a bridge. My backyard is clear, though.

At least you have power right?

trigggl
05-02-11, 09:54 AM
At least you have power right?

Yep, still crunching away.

Maxwell
05-02-11, 05:44 PM
I'm nowhere near that bad here, but I am noticing water in a lot of places that it shouldn't be. Lot's of back roads are closed, but the main roads are open. Fun stuff going on here...

And speaking of power, I had another power scare today - power cut out, my backup lights flashed on, and there was a huge BOOM outside. Power came back a few seconds later, but it certainly woke me up...

joker
05-02-11, 08:09 PM
You probably just pee'ed yourself and farted in your sleep Max.

Maxwell
05-02-11, 08:34 PM
You probably just pee'ed yourself and farted in your sleep Max.
I was awake-ish. But it freaked me the hell out...

Fire$torm
05-02-11, 08:43 PM
I was awake-ish. But it freaked me the hell out...

I hope it wasn't a "The World According To Garp" Moment............

joker
05-02-11, 09:09 PM
Perhaps this will help you sleep better Max......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB0Le3oM1b8

GregK
05-02-11, 09:18 PM
hmm thats funny there is a section of fence in my yard dont know where it washed from? :D my 2 ponds when it rains overflow like a white water rapid across the road making it unpassable and my yard turns into a river. i can relate. when it rains here the back road i like to use floods even small storms its 1.5 foot deep last i tried to cross i felt my car plowing water but it made it. ya now im having car trouble! lol