PDA

View Full Version : CPU credits

joker
05-13-11, 05:21 PM
Just for fun today I went and roughly figured out how many credits I have gotten through the years JUST with my CPUs. 12.78 million is what I came up with.

I am curious as to what others have done. How much have your CPUs crunched?

Fire$torm
05-13-11, 05:44 PM
For me somewhere in the neighborhood of 10~11 Million

Maxwell
05-13-11, 05:54 PM
My best guess is somewhere around 34M. But I did trade for some of that, and had to guesstimate quite a bit.

DrPop
05-13-11, 07:21 PM
I'd have to say maybe 9Mil or so - but not sure, I'd have to sort out my PG credits CPU / GPU to know for sure.

Maxwell
05-13-11, 07:26 PM
I'd have to say maybe 9Mil or so - but not sure, I'd have to sort out my PG credits CPU / GPU to know for sure.
Hehe... I had to do the same with seven projects. :cool:

DrPop
05-13-11, 09:42 PM
You know who's got some serious CPU credits - it's Mumps. Isn't his entire score to date CPU only?!!!:confused::p

Maxwell
05-13-11, 10:05 PM
You know who's got some serious CPU credits - it's Mumps. Isn't his entire score to date CPU only?!!!:confused::p
No. And trust me on that point. But the majority of it is CPU...

joker
05-13-11, 10:08 PM
My mom told me that Mumps CPU is bigger then yours Max! :D

Maxwell
05-13-11, 10:25 PM
My mom told me that Mumps CPU is bigger then yours Max! :D
Obviously. And she would know...

Mr. Hankey
05-13-11, 11:05 PM
I have a bunch of CPU credits....

384M - Aqua
27M Seti@home
~40M Prime grid
16M QMC
and a bunch of other projects from 1 - 10M or so....

joker
05-13-11, 11:11 PM
I bow...............^:)^^:)^^:)^

Steve Bohlen
05-14-11, 06:11 PM
Not anywhere close to you guys, but 100% of what is in the signature is CPU only.

DrPop
05-14-11, 06:32 PM
I have a bunch of CPU credits....

384M - Aqua
27M Seti@home
~40M Prime grid
16M QMC
and a bunch of other projects from 1 - 10M or so....

Holy Schmoley Batman! I forgot your AQUA was like insanely high. Thanks for every day you've given for the team, and every future day yet to come, Mr. Hankey. You've really been a great support for this team. When times were tough...well, I won't get emotional here, but just for the new guys - there were moments when Hankey's output was literally about 1/9th of this entire team.

DrPop
05-14-11, 06:37 PM
Not anywhere close to you guys, but 100% of what is in the signature is CPU only.

That is so awesome! We all started there, and you are doing a fine job of it, sir. Every stone you throw into the pot is one we got (hey, that rhymes! ;) and one S.G., SIC*, and LAF don't - so it is counting double to me! :)

And I have a confession to make to anyone just starting...I was a very part time, "set it and forget it" cruncher on SETI@home for years. Really, I had no idea about the "team aspect" and forums of the team. I didn't even know there were other projects to crunch!
@Steve- I think it took nearly 2 years for me to reach your current score on an old, outdated P4 rig, crunching SETI@home a few hours M-F in the background...not exactly fast. ;) :cool:

Mr. Hankey
05-14-11, 06:45 PM
Holy Schmoley Batman! I forgot your AQUA was like insanely high. Thanks for every day you've given for the team, and every future day yet to come, Mr. Hankey. You've really been a great support for this team. When times were tough...well, I won't get emotional here, but just for the new guys - there were moments when Hankey's output was literally about 1/9th of this entire team.

Well crunchers come and go, big and small... I have only been here like 2 years now at the most... the guys that have stuck around for the 5/6 years amaze me. Mumps will have to carry the massive CPU hammer going forward.

I will reiterate the following too... I was just a seti cruncher unaffiliated with any team and had about 10M credits at the time. CBS sent me a pm over on the seti site and I stopped in here to check you guys out. You never know who you might pickup to join the team from just a simple PM. 800M+ credits later and as they say the rest is history.

Slicker
05-14-11, 09:09 PM
I figure about 80-90M for me or about 33% of my total, but the percentate is going down fast. For a comparison, one of my old HD 3870 gets as many credits per day as all the computers in my cubicle combined (8 P4's, 1 Thinkpad T42, and a 1 Dell Core 2 laptop).

76 CPUs/Cores = 250K/day
8 GPUs = 500-750K/day depending upon the project (8400GS, 2 x HD 3870s, HD 5450, HD 4830, Quadro 120M, 9800 GTX+, HD 6970)

As you can see, except for the last one, those aren't even fast GPUs by today's standards. CPUs are great and do well on Aqua and PG, but for credits, it is all about GPUs.

Dandasarge
05-19-11, 03:52 PM
I'm just over 2m, I don't work anyplace with big servers :(