PDA

View Full Version : Lost Another Laptop

Ricky Moore
05-15-11, 08:47 AM
Not only did my Toshiba die on me but now I my Compaq Laptop crashed.

So both Laptops die from the video stop working. Try to connect them to the D820 Monitor but still nothing so must have been the cards.

Looks like I got the "Barebones" system up and running just in time to replace the two Laptops!

Speaking of the Barebones (need to to come up with another name) it was able to get a total of 4506 during the PG Race even if it did start half way into the race.

Fire$torm
05-15-11, 10:56 AM
Dang, sorry to hear that.

A possible name for your Bare Bones system = Naked McCoy?

Mike029
05-15-11, 11:04 AM
Dang, sorry to hear that.

A possible name for your Bare Bones system = Naked McCoy?

To quote Joker, Poop!!
I was thinking along the same lines. ;) How about....Bones...
(Dr. Leonard McCoy AKA Bones) :p

Duke of Buckingham
05-15-11, 11:07 AM
To quote Joker, Poop!!
I was thinking along the same lines. ;) How about....Bones...
(Dr. Leonard McCoy AKA Bones) :p

Someone called me?

http://www.giveadogabonefl.com/files/QuickSiteImages/dog-bone.jpg

Duke

DrPop
05-15-11, 11:51 AM
@Ricky - that's a bum deal, but maybe just as well. You can probably toss the 2 old laptops at this point, now that you have the BareBones kit, and I think you'll actually be much happier with your credits for ever $ of electricity. The lappies just aren't made out for 24/7 crunchin' and will eventually die of heat stroke. ;) Some last a lot longer than others, but it's the heat that will kill them eventually.

With all this in mind - do you need anything - any parts or whatnot for your new desktop persuasion in the hobby? (as opposed to your prior laptop persuasion) :D

joker
05-15-11, 07:33 PM
DrPop: Parts Pimp. ;)

DrPop
05-15-11, 07:57 PM
DrPop: Parts Pimp. ;)

So fitting, LOL! ;) Hey, I gotta keep my Credit H*'s supplied, ya know! :))

Ricky Moore
05-16-11, 06:54 AM
You should have asked if there was anything I WANTED!!!! I could give you a big list then!

However, I do need to find a cheap flat screen for "Bones" because the CRT I am using is an old one I used with my old TigerDirect System and it's on it's last leg.

Since Bones only has a VGA connector it needs to be something that can work with it.

I was thinking of getting one from Dell like the one I got with the D820. It has both the VGA and the HD type connector.

Dandasarge
05-16-11, 07:34 PM
I'm sure I have a Monitor or (5) though I can spec a computer I can't make the office manager order a computer without a new monitor. So for every dead computer I have a screen, do you have a PCI-E slot? GPU's make a lot more points and I have a few spare.

Duke of Buckingham
05-16-11, 07:50 PM
:-h I witness the death was at the church to say goodbye. That computer was a very good computer never did anything wrong. Never smoked, never drinked, never crunched sex@home or sexnot@home, I think he was a virgin. See for yourselves I took a picture.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TUh334oomJ4/S3beP7tyagI/AAAAAAAADQQ/3m4bmpyaqdQ/s400/0000123147%5B1%5D.jpg

Duke

You were so young and departed from this cruel life. :((

Maxwell
05-16-11, 08:02 PM
You were so young and departed from this cruel life. :((
Hah! I love it!

joker
05-16-11, 08:06 PM
That is some good stuff there DB!! :)):))

Dandasarge
05-16-11, 08:42 PM
That is some good stuff there DB!! :)):))

Well the rest of the team sees you now as first name with joker :D, dishwasher jokes will now apply.

Duke of Buckingham
05-16-11, 09:40 PM
:p Thanks all that I could do. And sometimes I can embarass joker to, not my fault he has that face that nobody can take it serious. :rolleyes: I for my side have a royal face that everyone thinks I am going to speak about serious stuff. I went to that priest to baptize my smartphone. :)] He said my phone was not so smart. :mad:

Serious Duke and other stuffs

joker
05-16-11, 10:31 PM
And sometimes I can embarass joker to, not my fault he has that face that nobody can take it serious

But I have great teeth!!

Duke of Buckingham
05-16-11, 11:21 PM
But I have great teeth!!

About teeth, I remebered: Dracula wants to have a little chat with you in private.

http://www.whitbyseafishing.com/images/dracula.jpg

Stealthy Count Dracula as Duke

I am feeding but in a while I will wash my teeth, just for YOU

joker
05-16-11, 11:32 PM
http://www.whitbyseafishing.com/images/dracula.jpg

I think that is one of my teachers from 7th grade!

Duke of Buckingham
05-16-11, 11:44 PM
yea computers I failed that one.

Ricky Moore
05-17-11, 07:22 AM
WOW this thread sure took off in another world...... What was the question again???

Dandasarge
05-17-11, 08:14 AM
WOW this thread sure took off in another world...... What was the question again???

"I'm sure I have a Monitor or (5) though I can spec a computer I can't make the office manager order a computer without a new monitor. So for every dead computer I have a screen, do you have a PCI-E slot? GPU's make a lot more points and I have a few spare."

Ricky Moore
05-17-11, 01:30 PM
"I'm sure I have a Monitor or (5) though I can spec a computer I can't make the office manager order a computer without a new monitor. So for every dead computer I have a screen, do you have a PCI-E slot? GPU's make a lot more points and I have a few spare."

The specs show the following for the PCI-E slots. Not sure which one you are talking about:

Slots
† One PCI Express x1 slot (PCI Express Bus specification v1.0a compliant) (Short White Socket)
† One PCI Express x16 slot (PCI Express Bus specification v1.0a compliant) (Long Black Socket)

The PSU also has a lead marked PCI-E but I am guessing it would plug into the card itself since there is no place on the MB to plug it into. I am also taking a guess that not all PCI-E card need the extra power depending on what the card is used for.

The modem that was in this system for some reason stop working so it now has 2 free 32bit PCI slots. I am using a USB Modem that is also used with my Dell 1535 Laptop.

Maxwell
05-18-11, 06:43 PM
There are always other laptop options... ;)

http://winningateverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/laptoprepair1.jpg

joker
05-18-11, 07:26 PM
Laptop Laptop.

DrPop
05-18-11, 07:57 PM
That's it! Who ate my pizza? Oh...;)