PDA

View Full Version : Dr Pop.... I Yield...

Dorsilfin
05-17-11, 08:44 AM
You have ramped up... I saw it coming.. I pushed my rig full tilt trying to hold.. but your array of 460's is countering my OC'ed Dual 570's lol...

You will pass me in about 24 hours or so in overall boinc credits... ^:)^

Ps.. enjoy it while you can :cool:

-Dfin

YoDude9999
05-17-11, 08:51 AM
Hmm.....Looks as though it's starting to get a little serious around here ;)

Yo-

Duke of Buckingham
05-17-11, 09:54 AM
=D> I am at 13.957 position, proudly, someone must be at 13.957. We can not be all first. I give what I have and who gives what he has cant give more. So I am Proud of being 13.957. If I have started with extinction of Dinossaurs I would be much more ahead. :(( One day I wake up and said today I will take a small stone on the construction of a better world. I hope I havent arrived to late. :p

Duke not guilty for Dinossaurs extinction. :o

DrPop
05-17-11, 11:30 AM
You have ramped up... I saw it coming...

Ps.. enjoy it while you can :cool:

-Dfin

Hehe...well, thank you Sir. :D But, just for that I have now backed off - I would not want to stand in the way of your quest. :)) :) Actually, I yanked the third GPU off the DrPop rig so it can fit back in the HAF 932 case, and we will be distributing the wealth around the team so to speak. Plus, I cannot honestly take credit for all of that output yesterday. Let's just say we had some help from a secret admirer with some nice hardware, who happens to run a big stats site. There, that's all I'm saying. :D :o;)

Now...I am trying LINUX as on OS on the DrPop rig, but already having my grumpy spell...does ANYONE on the team know how to edit NVIDIA BIOS worth a darn, or have an O/C program I can use on a LINUX OS? Our team is going to lose hundreds of thousands of points today because I have 4 CUDA GPUs in 3 Linux boxes now and I cannot O/C ANY OF THEM! :(
Thanks.

DrPop
05-17-11, 12:29 PM
Well, I have managed to break the Linux install somehow. Tried editing the CC_config file and must have done something wrong. Cannot figure out how to get GPUs back, keep getting "Missing GPU" error in BOINC.

That's it, I am going back to Win7 for now. Too much of a Linux Newb here, I cannot stand to lose any more points for the team today. :(
But, request for Linux O/C GPU help or BIOS editing help still stands...I have a GTX 460 in each of the Twins running Gentoo (only because Trigggl is sooooo cool) and have no way to O/C them. I'll bet the team is missing out on 100K from each rig per day by no O/C on them...:((

Total Linux Newb Doc ;)

Dorsilfin
05-17-11, 01:03 PM
Hehe...well, thank you Sir. :D But, just for that I have now backed off - I would not want to stand in the way of your quest. :)) :) Actually, I yanked the third GPU off the DrPop rig so it can fit back in the HAF 932 case, and we will be distributing the wealth around the team so to speak. Plus, I cannot honestly take credit for all of that output yesterday. Let's just say we had some help from a secret admirer with some nice hardware, who happens to run a big stats site. There, that's all I'm saying. :D :o;)

Now...I am trying LINUX as on OS on the DrPop rig, but already having my grumpy spell...does ANYONE on the team know how to edit NVIDIA BIOS worth a darn, or have an O/C program I can use on a LINUX OS? Our team is going to lose hundreds of thousands of points today because I have 4 CUDA GPUs in 3 Linux boxes now and I cannot O/C ANY OF THEM! :(
Thanks.

I had like a good 7-8mill credit lead and i was only bleeding 100k a day or so.. then you jumped like woa to just about 2 mill behind.. and kept creeping...

Dont go stopping that output on my behalf... =) im sure ill figure something out to catch up haha

trigggl
05-17-11, 01:22 PM
But, request for Linux O/C GPU help or BIOS editing help still stands...I have a GTX 460 in each of the Twins running Gentoo (only because Trigggl is sooooo cool) and have no way to O/C them. I'll bet the team is missing out on 100K from each rig per day by no O/C on them...:((

You should be able to update the BIOS of the cards in..erm...Windows and then switch back to Linux (preferably not Ubuntu). Unfortunately, I've read that you can't overclock them with software in Linux.

DrPop
05-17-11, 01:29 PM
...Dont go stopping that output on my behalf... =) im sure ill figure something out to catch up haha

Heh...well, others on the team can get some benefit of more points too, I don't need to hoard the hardware just because I had some good luck coming into it. Already have some horse trading working out real nice for the team - RAC will go up; even if mine goes down a little, it allows me to keep the DrPop rig in the HAF-932 case...temps are WAY better IN the case than laying out on the table.

We will go for 3 GPUs in it later... :D

DrPop
05-17-11, 02:15 PM
Grrrr..."installing updates". How many *bleep* updates can Win7 have? I feel like an entire night and half a day of crunching time wasted on my most powerful DrPop rig. Arrgh! :ar! how am I supposed to catch Dfin, let alone pass him at this rate?!?! :-w:-"**==

YoDude9999
05-17-11, 03:43 PM
My output shows double of my normal output as seen on BS. After moo came online with BS, everyone running moo finally got their credits on the site. Today, things look normal again.

Yo-

Fire$torm
05-17-11, 04:31 PM
Grrrr..."installing updates". How many *bleep* updates can Win7 have? I feel like an entire night and half a day of crunching time wasted on my most powerful DrPop rig. Arrgh! :ar! how am I supposed to catch Dfin, let alone pass him at this rate?!?! :-w:-"**==

Win7 has about 1/20 the updates that XP has........

Edit: Probably more like 1/50.

Duke of Buckingham
05-17-11, 04:36 PM
Win7 has about 1/20 the updates that XP has........

You can catch more flies with honey.

DrPop
05-17-11, 04:37 PM
Alright, DF -- coming at ya! :P Finally got the DrPop rig back in action with GTX 465 O/Ced at 800/1600 and a GTX 460 O/Ced at 900/1800. ;)

Sure wish I could find a BIOS editor for NVIDIA that was as easy as the ATI ones and we'd get another 200MHz out of the other two GTX 460's as well. Hmmm...:p;)

Fire$torm
05-17-11, 05:20 PM
Alright, DF -- coming at ya! :P Finally got the DrPop rig back in action with GTX 465 O/Ced at 800/1600 and a GTX 460 O/Ced at 900/1800. ;)

Sure wish I could find a BIOS editor for NVIDIA that was as easy as the ATI ones and we'd get another 200MHz out of the other two GTX 460's as well. Hmmm...:p;)

If you don't mind the learning curve and don't run Win7 x64 then Rivatuner is a good OverClcok tool. Unfortunately, the creator of it has stopped updating the tool due to all the negativity on the Guru3D support forums....

DrPop
05-17-11, 05:22 PM
Ah, I am referring to the (2x) GTX 460 in the Twins. They are running Gentoo - or more correctly I should say Trigggl is running Gentoo on them ;) and therefore we cannot run any O/C software.

We must hard O/C in the BIOS - like I did with the ATI cards. Problem is, I can't make heads or tails of the one NVIDIA BIOS editor I looked at...need to try another one or study a manual or something. :cool::p

joker
05-17-11, 05:31 PM
If you don't mind the learning curve and don't run Win7 x64 then Rivatuner is a good OverClcok tool. Unfortunately, the creator of it has stopped updating the tool due to all the negativity on the Guru3D support forums....

So that is what happened. That sucks.

Fire$torm
05-18-11, 01:53 AM

So that is what happened. That sucks.

Yep. He even posted an Up Yours farewell to all the buttheads on the forum. At least we still have MSI's Afterburner which is a stripped down version of Riva with a face lift.

DrPop
05-18-11, 02:57 AM
That is really sad. I'll bet he put thousands of man hours into that project. Wonder why they fussed him so bad like that? Sometimes things in life are just weird. . .

DrPop
05-21-11, 01:05 AM
@DF -- hey my good man -- I waved as we rolled on by this morning. ;) :cool:

joker
05-21-11, 01:57 AM
And soon I will be next.

YoDude9999
05-21-11, 05:12 AM
What???? Giving up?!!! WHAT??? Do you live in Mambee Pambee Land???
I suppose you'd like butter on your toast! I think you'd like Max to "Max" out your mom!
I think you lick lolly pops 'cause you like lickin' things.
Ain't you a big boy yet? Grow up son, you're momma's older than you....

Left...
Left...
Left, Right, Left...
Left...
Left...
Left, Right, Left...

This is for Joker....
This is for fun....
Joker's Mom, she is the one...

Ho, Ho...
Ho, Don't ya know...
Ho, Ho...
Ho, don't ya know...

She likes it hard...
She likes it clean...
But man-o-man...
Can she be mean...

Don't fool around...
Get on down...
To Jokers Mom...
All 'round town...

Ho, Ho...
Ho, Don't ya know...
Ho, Ho...
Ho, don't ya know...

Left...
Left...
Left, Right, Left...
Left...
Left...
Left, Right, Left...

JOKER! PULL THAT SKIRT DOWN, I DON'T WANNA SEE NO THIGH!
Now MARCH!!

Left...
Left...
Left, Right, Left...
Left...
Left...
Left, Right, Left...

Yo-

joker
05-21-11, 02:05 PM
Ears Burning!!

DrPop
05-21-11, 02:42 PM
And soon I will be next.

Pssshaw! You're RAC is climbing, solidly in the 1Mil+ category now. Even if everything holds out for me, it will be a long while yet. Keep it man! :cool: