PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

RealX1
05-17-11, 05:55 PM
Good to be here as I assume it pertains to seti. However I can't seem to find anything related to seti in these forums. I registered because it said there were 1300 threads but even after registering it only says there's 100 accessible threads in 3 sections-one's private and ones for saying hi? How to access actual seti related threads other than ones for saying hi etc?:confused:

Crazybob
05-17-11, 06:04 PM
Welcome to the boards RealX1! When yuo say you are looking for info about SETI, are you looking to find out about the SETI project itself or the SETI@Home project. Our team mainly deals with projects done through the BOINC software. We do discuss the SETI project, but do not deal with them directly.

There are quite a few threads here, but all are not visible to new members. Competition from other teams and unfortunately spammers do try to gain access here. The board admins need to approve a new member before access is granted. This is usually a swift and painless process. I hope you will hang around and when given access, become an often visitor to the boards.

Mike029
05-17-11, 06:30 PM
Yeah, spammers = :mad:
Welcome to the boards.

Crazybob's Son
05-18-11, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the boards! Hopefully you will like what our team does here in assisting the research projects aligned with the BOINC program and join our community here.

- Jason aka Crazybob's Son

Fire$torm
05-18-11, 02:46 PM
Hello there and welcome. Thanks for joining the team.

Peace.

DrPop
05-18-11, 03:44 PM
Glad you're here! Why not shoot me a quick PM and let me know what exactly you're looking to find -- I would be happy to help in any way.

RealX1
05-18-11, 04:09 PM
DOI! Thank you everyone! Looks as if I spoke too soon as the other forums showed up. I'm not an astrophysicist or anything. When I said SETI I just meant threads like: "What's the likelihood there's intelligent life in our galaxy?" or "What kind of planetary environment would intelligent life need to evolve?"..that kind of stuff. Topics of conversation where people can share their opinions or insight. I'll check the threads out. Thanks for being friendly:D

Duke of Buckingham
05-18-11, 04:25 PM
:)) Here in Portugal we are trying very hard to find inteligent life in the government. We didnt get no answer till now. I hope this helps your researches. New developments will be kown immediatly...

Always friendly Duke :D

Zytozux
05-18-11, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the boards brah! If you haven't been to http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_forum.php?id=9 already, then that's probably what you're looking for :D

Steve Bohlen
05-18-11, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the boards!

YoDude9999
05-19-11, 09:04 AM
Indeed, welcome to the boards.

Yo-