PDA

View Full Version : If anyone is close to an MM in Moo! -- Better hit it hard!

DrPop
05-17-11, 10:51 PM
I think Maxwell is right. Anyone close to an MM in Moo! Wrapper better be tapping that sucker hard the next few days. Does anyone know if they will hang around once DNETC gets cranking again?
I am at 3.1Mil, so I just re-attached to Moo! and I will be hitting it hard with Kat's single 5870 box and see if I can manage to pull off a 5Mil MM -- just for my buddy Maxwell. ... and do not worry, I will crunch back for her. She is cool with it. ;)

If anyone has a good ATI card, and would like to help crunch for me until we hit 5Mil on my account, please PM me, and I will crunch back for you credits in PG or any good paying CUDA project.
Thanks for anyone's help.

Maxwell
05-17-11, 11:06 PM
History Lesson: MilestoneRSA (http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=mrs&team=22)

Have you crunched it? Probably. Heard of it? Good chance no.

MilestoneRSA was Androinc first. They had an app, s*** happened, and they said "screw it" and quit the project with almost no notice (one of my "punch a baby" moments, since I was less than 5k from 100k). About 3 days later, Androinc showed up. And that is the project we all remember, though it was the EXACT SAME as MilestoneRSA.

Also - remember how DNETC and Androinc up and quit because of funds (right before they got their server taken)? Little notice.

Anyway, I would guess it's highly unlikely two projects doing the same "science" will both be active. If I were a betting man, I would guess Moo would go away. So be aware... don't let personal goals fall short if that matters to you.

-GER-
05-17-11, 11:55 PM
Does anyone know how long a Moo wu takes with a ATI 5770?

Maxwell
05-18-11, 12:06 AM
Does anyone know how long a Moo wu takes with a ATI 5770?
I'm hearing about 40-45 minutes on a 5770...

DrPop
05-18-11, 12:21 AM
Wait! I've got the perfect plan, it just came to me. The two projects could both stay in business and get into a credit bidding war for our crunching services! :D

-GER-
05-18-11, 12:23 AM
Thanks about the same as the GTX 570 so no need to switch. I need upgrade to an MB with more than 1 PCIe.

Maxwell
05-18-11, 12:25 AM
Thanks about the same as the AMD 570 so no need to switch. I need upgrade to an MB with more than 1 PCIe.
Or ADD another box with more than one PCIe slot... ;)

NJCaNS
05-18-11, 12:46 AM
My vote/request/plea would be to hit Moo hard and make sure it gets over 100 million for a valuable Team MM before it disappears. It will erase that ugly 5th place we have there with a better looking #3. We "only" need 9 million and can get that in two days.

DrPop
05-18-11, 12:56 AM
Alright, NJ, I am on it...let's see what this puppy can do...I'm all in for going from 5th to 3rd in something! :D

vaio
05-23-11, 02:34 PM
I'm hearing about 40-45 minutes on a 5770...

Half hour or so at 900 core.