PDA

View Full Version : Holy Dear God there are a lot of features to this board.

Maxwell
10-30-10, 04:09 PM
That's all I really have to say on the topic. I came back to the computer to check new posts, started clicking around, and an hour and a half later I'm still futzing with various things on the board trying to learn about it.

My brain is done for the time being.

Mr. Hankey
10-30-10, 05:51 PM
I hope you like it... :D

Maxwell
10-30-10, 07:46 PM
One of the features I'm particularly keen on is the Groups feature on the boards here. It's looking to me like posts to the groups area don't show up in the regular forums, and are accessed differently than we are used to.

So, at the top of the page, go to "Forum" then "Community" - in that drop-down menu, there is a link to the groups section of the board. I've set up a group for Mega Milestone chasers (it has open registration).

Whoever sets up the group becomes the moderator of it. Feel free to play around with it. It's pretty interesting...

zombie67
10-30-10, 09:19 PM
I subscribed to that group. Not sure the need/reason for groups?

Maxwell
10-30-10, 09:48 PM
I subscribed to that group. Not sure the need/reason for groups?
Some of it is "I wanted to play and see how the feature works". My initial thoughts were that specialized interest groups may want to set up a group to contain posts and whatnot in a centralized place so that not everyone has to see everything.

It could also be useful for planning/strategizing...

zombie67
10-30-10, 09:56 PM
FWIW, "New Posts" does not see new posts to groups.

Maxwell
10-30-10, 10:19 PM
FWIW, "New Posts" does not see new posts to groups.
But the "New Group Messages" link under "What's New?" does...

STMahlberg
11-02-10, 02:21 AM
Love the new board... Trying to figure out what all these buttons, lights and knobs do though.

KaoticEvil[SETI.USA]
11-02-10, 08:00 AM
Love the new board... Trying to figure out what all these buttons, lights and knobs do though.
Just please don't push the red button..

denim
11-02-10, 01:19 PM
Lets get the team logo up on the board logo. ;)

Mr. Hankey
11-02-10, 01:24 PM
Lets get the team logo up on the board logo. ;)

I have been thinking the same thing... just haven't been able to get around to it yet.... :(

STMahlberg
11-06-10, 01:59 AM
Is it just me or does this thing log you out a little too quickly?

Seems like I'm having to constantly log back into the site. I will walk away or be looking for something in another tab and when I come back to the forums it tells me I have to login again... very annoying.

Mr. Hankey
11-06-10, 02:29 AM
Is it just me or does this thing log you out a little too quickly?

Seems like I'm having to constantly log back into the site. I will walk away or be looking for something in another tab and when I come back to the forums it tells me I have to login again... very annoying.

I will check and see if that is configurable.

EDIT: Changed the setting from 900s to 1800s

Maxwell
11-06-10, 03:13 AM
This might sound stupid, but isn't there a "stay logged in" box you can tick? I ask because I haven't logged in here for several days, even after closing the browser several times...

STMahlberg
11-06-10, 04:39 AM
This might sound stupid, but isn't there a "stay logged in" box you can tick? I ask because I haven't logged in here for several days, even after closing the browser several times...
I have a remember me check box but it doesn't seem to want to remember me... :(

STMahlberg
11-06-10, 04:42 AM
Donations...

Is there going to be (or is there and I haven't found it yet) a donation button on the new board somewhere?

Mr. Hankey
11-06-10, 08:14 AM
Donations...

Is there going to be (or is there and I haven't found it yet) a donation button on the new board somewhere?

Isn't one yet, at some point there will be yes.

Maxwell
11-06-10, 11:35 AM
I have a remember me check box but it doesn't seem to want to remember me... :(
Do you have cookies enabled?