PDA

View Full Version : MOO Wrapper CPU applications deployed and CUDA memory requirements changed

RSS
05-26-11, 08:40 AM
New CPU applications deployed for 32-bit Windows and 64-bit Linux. Windows version should also run on 64-bit Windows systems. So you should now disable CPU applications on project preferences if you don't want to use your CPU for this project. There's a known problem with checkpoint interval (uses a default 2h interval) and core selection (selected core is shared with ATI/nVidia on the same host) for these applications. Both problems should be fixed in next application version so you should wait for that if you have a problem due to either limitation. Additionally, CUDA requirements were changed to accept cards with only 64MB of memory.

More... (http://moowrap.net/forum_thread.php?id=54)

zombie67
05-26-11, 10:29 AM
Be sure to go in to your project preferences, and uncheck CPU!!

joker
05-26-11, 06:58 PM
Those poop monkeys!!! Thx for the heads up Zombie.

Bryan
05-26-11, 08:30 PM
Be sure to go in to your project preferences, and uncheck CPU!!

And for those that don't they will find their computers running full bore on CPU projects and absolutely killing their GPU output.

This is empirical data and not theoretical :-<

Mumps
05-26-11, 08:35 PM
And for those that don't they will find their computers running full bore on CPU projects and absolutely killing their GPU output.

This is empirical data and not theoretical :-<

I was wondering why my Moo output was less than normal today. thanks for the heads up guys.

Maxwell
05-26-11, 10:18 PM
Or if you're like me, you had a task hang for four hours killing about 200k credits along the way...:mad:

trigggl
05-26-11, 10:30 PM
Since they lowered the Ram requirement, I tried crunching on my nvidia 8300. It took a full CPU core to run it and the credit return wasn't even worth the loss of CPU output.