PDA

View Full Version : Merging of the forums?

denim
11-01-10, 10:30 AM
Maxwell gave me the heads up about this new forum. Will the two forum data sets be merged into one so we have a single source for info?

I ask because I tend to look back at old topics and it would be nice to have everything in one place. I understand these are two different sets of board softwares, and some do not port or port well into others.

This also goes for long standing sections and topics that are high traffic ones.

denim
11-01-10, 10:36 AM
Also, any chance we can get fast reply turned on?

Edit: and flood control turned off? ;)

Mr. Hankey
11-01-10, 01:28 PM
No, there won't be a merging. The idea is to start with a clean slate.

There are also other complications, but the plan is that if we can get a copy of the existing DB that we may be able to have the old the old data as an archive. This is not a for sure thing but something that we will try to do.

I will look at quick reply again but when it was enabled before it actually seemed to remove the ability to have the full post editor option, and the flood control is to prevent (slow) bots from coming in and spam post flooding.

Mr. Hankey
11-01-10, 01:32 PM
oh, and in case you missed it.....

http://www.setiusa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=17319

denim
11-02-10, 01:27 PM
If you have forced registration with CAPTCHA the spam bots should not be too much of an issue. I mentioned the fast reply as it is that many less page loads on the server and it is quick and easy. If you need any help, I admin and run a number of forums.

denim
11-10-10, 10:54 AM
Hey, we got the logo!

Ricky Moore
11-16-10, 08:10 AM
Need to update the Teams Toolbar so that when you click on "Forum" it sends you here not the old one!

BlkJack-21
11-25-10, 04:34 PM
Need to update the Teams Toolbar so that when you click on "Forum" it sends you here not the old one!

updated per request

Bok
11-25-10, 05:21 PM
Blkjack, if you want to do a full DB backup of the old forum, I'd be happy to create a permanent archive here alongside the new forum.