PDA

View Full Version : Forum upgraded to 4.1.4

Bok
06-10-11, 09:56 AM
Some nice new editor options... take a look :)

Example of a table

X

Y

Z

Subscripts and superscripts

X2 + Y2

YoDude9999
06-10-11, 10:08 AM
So far, so good. I like it!

Yo-

Maxwell
06-10-11, 01:12 PM
For me (on one Vista32 machine running FF 4.x and one Win7x64 machine running FF 3.6x), all the board code icons are gone. I see the words "font" and "size", but nothing else. I can hover over the buttons and figure out what things are, but it takes a while. All I'm seeing is a series of white buttons in white rectangular blocks...

Bok
06-10-11, 02:26 PM
Can you switch to a different theme? It's likely what has caused it and the theme you are using requires an update..

Maxwell
06-10-11, 03:21 PM
Can you switch to a different theme? It's likely what has caused it and the theme you are using requires an update..
So yeah. Good news is the theme issue. A different theme gets the icons to show up. Bad news is that nearly every theme needs to be updated, including EVERY THEME WITH A BLACK BACKGROUND. I'm going to go ahead and punch the baby of those theme creators...:mad:

PS: Default, SETI.USA, and SimpleBlack are the only themes that are working for me...

Maxwell
06-10-11, 05:36 PM
It also appears the Favicon is gone...

Bok
06-10-11, 06:43 PM
hmm, yes you are right, I always forget that they ship a favicon and it gets overlaid.

Fixed.

Maxwell
06-13-11, 02:33 AM
Not sure if this is me, browser, style, etc. but....

With the forum upgraded, I noticed that the default method for posting an image from a 3rd party site is to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". a) This seems like it would create increased stress on Bok's server, b) It works much better to hotlink to it rather than hosting it here, c) joker's mom won't let me "in" with this option ticked, d) The old [IMG] code linked to it and did not save locally.

Methinks this might be changed? Thoughts? If you want to see what I'm referring to, try and link to a jpg online...

Fire$torm
06-13-11, 10:42 AM
Not sure if this is me, browser, style, etc. but....

With the forum upgraded, I noticed that the default method for posting an image from a 3rd party site is to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". a) This seems like it would create increased stress on Bok's server, b) It works much better to hotlink to it rather than hosting it here, c) joker's mom won't let me "in" with this option ticked, d) The old code linked to it and did not save locally.

Methinks this might be changed? Thoughts? If you want to see what I'm referring to, try and link to a jpg online...

The old method still works, it just has to be done manually now.

[img] + http://www.setiusa.us/images/seti.usa/logo.gif.png = http://www.setiusa.us/images/seti.usa/logo.gif.png

But you know that already.

Maxwell
06-13-11, 11:34 AM
Oh I know how to do it myself. I'm just lazy and like button clicking. All I'm saying is that I think it would be better for the boards if the default option when inserting an image would be to uncheck that box (as shown in the image below; click to embiggen)...

Fire$torm
06-13-11, 12:15 PM
Oh I know how to do it myself. I'm just lazy and like button clicking. All I'm saying is that I think it would be better for the boards if the default option when inserting an image would be to uncheck that box (as shown in the image below; click to embiggen)...

OK, got it. That would be better, so I give your idea :-bd

Bok
06-13-11, 01:03 PM
Doesn't really make any difference for me :) In fact nothing worse than going to an old thread and the linked image is not there anymore...

Maxwell
06-13-11, 01:57 PM
Doesn't really make any difference for me :) In fact nothing worse than going to an old thread and the linked image is not there anymore...
Well then never mind. Your hardware, your call. ;)