PDA

View Full Version : Need app_info file for MW n-body

Fire$torm
06-13-11, 05:01 PM
I tried looking in the MW forum but I must be blind. Couldn't find squat. So does anybody have one with a reference for n-body? I need it for the 5830 in my desktop.

YoDude9999
06-13-11, 10:58 PM
Well it seems that lately, I've been mistaken about a lot of things, but I think I recall that n-body are CPU only?

Maxwell
06-13-11, 11:14 PM
Well it seems that lately, I've been mistaken about a lot of things, but I think I recall that n-body are CPU only?
I thought so too, but I haven't been following the goings on at MW too closely lately...

YoDude9999
06-13-11, 11:26 PM
You should just able to crunch them out if you have CPU crunching enabled on their project, IIRC. I say so because of, there were times when the, "Well Ran Dry" for GPU work and that my box wasn't configured for n-body simulation. This made me think n-body were CPU only, but as I've stated, I'm probably shooting in the dark.

Fire$torm
06-14-11, 03:00 AM
????? Really? When did they kill the GPU app? I know there used to be one. They were writing it in OpenCL which meant that any ATI cards below the 5xxx series would be S-O-L. Let me check the MW site............

OK, just checked and it is gone!!!! Only a CPU app now. Well, imagine that. OK team scratch this request. My error.