PDA

View Full Version : SETI.USA Party: In Real Life!!!

Maxwell
06-15-11, 02:18 AM
JPM and I have decided to revisit our last meeting and enjoy potentially several beers together. Would anyone like to join us?

We are planning on meeting up on July 9th (a Saturday) in Little Rock, AR. So if anyone is in the area and interested in joining up with us, let me know (hint, Trigggl). Was a lot of fun last year...

Duke of Buckingham
06-15-11, 02:34 AM
JPM and I have decided to revisit our last meeting and enjoy potentially several beers together. Would anyone like to join us?

We are planning on meeting up on July 9th (a Saturday) in Jonesboro, AR. So if anyone is in the area and interested in joining up with us, let me know (hint, Trigggl). Was a lot of fun last year...

Humm I dont think so. Joker is going there for shure. Better if come to Lisbon. I did this sound some time ago in Lisbon, Listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1cQB1bxHsI

trigggl
06-15-11, 06:44 AM

We are planning on meeting up on July 9th (a Saturday) in Jonesboro, AR. So if anyone is in the area and interested in joining up with us, let me know (hint, Trigggl). Was a lot of fun last year...

You do know that Jonesboro is in a dry county? Alcohol can be had, but why go through the hassle of having to go to a club?

I propose Downtown Little Rock. There's a bunch of great places at the River Market. You have cheap beer (Sticky Fingerz) and variety (Flying Saucer) among others.

Plus there's the airport.

YoDude9999
06-15-11, 09:39 AM
Well that's a bit far for me. Now if it was in the SF Bay area somewhere, like near a Fry's Electronics, I may be willing to make the trek from South Valley (Gilroy area) up to as far as Fremont to meet a couple of the guys.

Maxwell
06-15-11, 12:16 PM
You do know that Jonesboro is in a dry county? Alcohol can be had, but why go through the hassle of having to go to a club?

I propose Downtown Little Rock. There's a bunch of great places at the River Market. You have cheap beer (Sticky Fingerz) and variety (Flying Saucer) among others.

Plus there's the airport.
Crap. Now I have to rethink this. I was thinking Jonesboro because it was between JPM and I and wasn't a town of 2k people. That sucks... what the hell is wrong with your state, Trigggl?

trigggl
06-15-11, 01:03 PM
Crap. Now I have to rethink this. I was thinking Jonesboro because it was between JPM and I and wasn't a town of 2k people. That sucks... what the hell is wrong with your state, Trigggl?

It's full of Arkansans. :-"

Maxwell
06-15-11, 01:10 PM
It's full of Arkansans. :-"
You know, that might possibly be the single best answer anyone could conceive of to that rhetorical question. Well played, sir. Well played...:cool:

c303a
06-15-11, 01:15 PM
It's South of the Mason-Dixon line?

DrPop
06-15-11, 01:58 PM
hahahaha! You guys are so funny! :) Arkansas? Oh man. I've been there...like 8 years ago now. I may even still have a cousin who lives around Little Rock unless they moved.

I think we need to do a West Coast SETI.USA Tour, Yo- what do you think of that? :o:cool:

Duke of Buckingham
06-15-11, 02:26 PM
:p Lisbon I say Lisbon. :D It is much more nearer at least for me. 8-|

:( I am affraid to go to the Central park and be arrested for making too much noise there. :D

:-o My mother dont let me go to Arkansas :((

Dandasarge
06-15-11, 03:19 PM
I'm up for anyplace :) Not sure I can go out of the country, they may never let me back in. I need a place that fly's in and out of Orlando or Tampa though.

Mike029
06-15-11, 04:00 PM
If anyone takes a trip to New York City make sure you give me a shout. :p

DrPop
06-15-11, 04:07 PM
I can't believe no one wants to come SURF in sunny SoCal?! :( ;)

Crazybob
06-15-11, 04:16 PM
This might be overly optimistic, but with all the electronic gadgets floating about, couldn't it be something that is done all over the country with check ins with each other by phone, IM, tweets, text, skype, whatever is available. Not sure how to work out the logistics, but it could be possible, even with our overseas friends. Just throwing it out there. It might turn out to be too much to handle.;)

Duke of Buckingham
06-15-11, 04:46 PM
:oPortuguese ET can phone home.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFijjikkeM

vaio
06-15-11, 05:50 PM
:p Lisbon I say Lisbon. :D It is much more nearer at least for me. 8-|

:( I am affraid to go to the Central park and be arrested for making too much noise there. :D

:-o My mother dont let me go to Arkansas :((

Madrid :p

c303a
06-15-11, 06:00 PM
Munich for Octoberfest!:-bd:-bd:-bd

Bryan
06-15-11, 06:14 PM
I can't believe no one wants to come SURF in sunny SoCal?! :( ;)

Too many nuts out there :))

c303a
06-15-11, 06:34 PM
Too many nuts out there :))

I'm glad you said that. I thought I was going to have to make that comment. Thanks.

Duke of Buckingham
06-15-11, 06:52 PM
Nutz

http://www.nutsforlife.com.au/images/nutimages/almond-kernels.jpg

Yeha NUTZ

c303a
06-15-11, 07:16 PM
Duke, I think they would be a lot bigger. Maybe like walnuts.

Duke of Buckingham
06-15-11, 07:36 PM
Duke, I think they would be a lot bigger. Maybe like walnuts.

AHA WALNUTS

http://www.setiusa.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=230&d=1308180604

So I am walnuts.

http://www.setiusa.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=232&d=1308180842

Much more with my Duke condition

YoDude9999
06-15-11, 10:47 PM
hahahaha! You guys are so funny! :) Arkansas? Oh man. I've been there...like 8 years ago now. I may even still have a cousin who lives around Little Rock unless they moved.

I think we need to do a West Coast SETI.USA Tour, Yo- what do you think of that? :o:cool:

It sounds like a plan, but, to make it work?. All I know is that my landlord just handed me a $317.. electric bill, so going anywhere outside the state is very likely out of the question for me :(

DrPop
06-15-11, 10:57 PM
Hmmm...that strongly resembles the power bill I just got for my office last month. Huh...so much for an *inexpensive* hobby. Do they even exist? I think my wife's looking at me like, "can't you take up reading? The library's FREE last time I checked!!!" :)) :P

As far as all the nuts out here - you're not kidding. The liberal bias floats through the air and covers everything in its path. Sickening. There's quite a bit of fruit and alcohol too, so I'd say that although we're "one nut short of a Whitman's Sampler", at least we have some pretty big fruit cakes! :pX_X

NJCaNS
06-15-11, 11:35 PM
Jersey Shore starting to look good, eh? Come plant a big wet one on Snookie.

Maxwell
06-16-11, 12:01 AM
Jersey Shore starting to look good, eh? Come plant a big wet one on Snookie.
I'm herpes free and would like to continue to be so. Thank you for the offer, though...

YoDude9999
06-16-11, 01:22 AM
I'm herpes free and would like to continue to be so. Thank you for the offer, though...

.......Or at least you THINK you are......

c303a
06-16-11, 09:30 AM
Kansas is beginning to sound good!

Mike029
06-16-11, 10:19 AM
Hmmm...that strongly resembles the power bill I just got for my office last month. Huh...so much for an *inexpensive* hobby. Do they even exist? I think my wife's looking at me like, "can't you take up reading? The library's FREE last time I checked!!!" :)) :P

WHAAAAAAHAHHHAHAHHHHAHHAAHAHAH

I almost fell off my chair.

Dandasarge
06-16-11, 10:24 AM
If anyone takes a trip to New York City make sure you give me a shout. :p

I'll be there last weekend in July.

Duke of Buckingham
06-16-11, 12:06 PM
15 days out for vacation. Meanwhile I wish you all the best.

Duke of Buckingham M18

zombie67
06-16-11, 12:39 PM

Meting place: Las Vegas

Fire$torm
06-16-11, 05:30 PM
Wish I could make it fellas but ya'll have a shot of Patrón for me OK?

YoDude9999
06-16-11, 11:23 PM
I'll have two shots for ya, just to make sure I don't miss any.

Maxwell
06-18-11, 11:07 PM
New plan, because people in Arkansas suck:

Saturday, July 9, in Little Rock. Exact time and place to be determined, but if anyone wants to meander that way, that's when we'll be partying it up. I'll be grabbing a room on the north side of the city. And Trigggl will be leading us around (surprise!).

valyn42
06-18-11, 11:25 PM
Meting place: Las Vegas

Was just in Vegas first week of May. I like that town(well, the strip area and downtown). Could do a Vegas trip next year, I think it would be a blast! After spending the money I have in the past month, however, any trips soon are out for me

trigggl
06-18-11, 11:35 PM
New plan, because people in Arkansas suck:

Saturday, July 9, in Little Rock. Exact time and place to be determined, but if anyone wants to meander that way, that's when we'll be partying it up. I'll be grabbing a room on the north side of the city. And Trigggl will be leading us around (surprise!).

Should I break out the mini-van?

Maxwell
06-19-11, 01:07 AM
Should I break out the mini-van?
Let's wait for the RSVPs to trickle in, though your chauffeuring skill would be appreciated.