PDA

View Full Version : Main Cruncher Down when back from vacaton

kheinicken
06-17-11, 08:22 AM
My main PC's HDD is on the fritz when I returned from vacation late yesterday.

Tried my best to do a system recovery and can't even get to the partition to delete or format.
So guess I'll do some shopping on NewEgg and see about getting online when it arrives.

Fire$torm
06-17-11, 02:25 PM
My main PC's HDD is on the fritz when I returned from vacation late yesterday.

Tried my best to do a system recovery and can't even get to the partition to delete or format.
So guess I'll do some shopping on NewEgg and see about getting online when it arrives.

Bummer :( Maybe its time to give an SSD a try?

zombie67
06-17-11, 05:47 PM
Boot time is sooooo much faster!

Steve Bohlen
06-17-11, 10:26 PM
Good luck, man. Hope you get it back up and running soon!

kheinicken
06-18-11, 01:23 AM
I'm up as of tonight.
Going to install bonic and other stuff tomorrow.

didn't get a SSD. couldn't justify it with wife after spending$$$ on vacation on an older PC.

Cruncher Pete
06-18-11, 01:35 AM
I'm up as of tonight.
Going to install bonic and other stuff tomorrow.

didn't get a SSD. couldn't justify it with wife after spending$$$ on vacation on an older PC.

Never mind Kleinicken, the main thing is that you are up and running again. The rest will come later...:D

YoDude9999
06-18-11, 01:36 AM
As long as you're UP, that's what matters....I'll stop at that point [hehehe]

Mike029
06-18-11, 09:01 AM
No to hijack your thread kheinicken but I was just going to inform the team of my main going down. Hard drive crashed and burned. I have a wedding today, Father's day tomorrow so I'll be down until Monday. To use a cool word from the another topic my 'Megaday" machine is down.:mad: I'll get it running as soon as I can. Sorry guys.

YoDude9999
06-20-11, 02:10 AM
Get that MegaDay machine running again soon as you can. We're hoping to have you up on the new PG challenge!

[I'm very glad to see my newly invented word is starting to spread, I'm so tickled!]

.....And Don't be sorry! Hardware failures are not your fault! Just take it in stride and do what you can to get 'er fixed. That's all that's needed!

Maxwell
06-20-11, 02:25 AM
I love your term. I've used it both here and in the chat room we have. GREAT way to describe boxen, crunchers, etc...

YoDude9999
06-20-11, 02:38 AM
I love your term. I've used it both here and in the chat room we have. GREAT way to describe boxen, crunchers, etc...

Thanks Max. I hope it spreads far and wide! I could consider it an achievement in my life that made it all worthwhile!

Perhaps it could even open up a new Sub Team?