PDA

View Full Version : bro.david says hey...

Beerdrinker
06-17-11, 11:45 AM
Hello team.

I just got a PM from oldtime member Bro.david.

He has joined up on active duty again, with 2 boxes on SETI...

WELCOME BACK my friend!!

DrPop
06-17-11, 12:12 PM
Sweet! Welcome back, Bro.! Love it when the Old Timers return. :D
Here's to carrying the torch forward.=D>

Maxwell
06-17-11, 01:41 PM
Yay for the return of Brother David! I miss his wisdom around here...

Fire$torm
06-17-11, 02:17 PM
Great news indeed. Did he say when he might make it to the forum?

Beerdrinker
06-17-11, 02:28 PM
Great news indeed. Did he say when he might make it to the forum?

Unfortunately not. He did not mention that....He did however...Leave a email adress :cool:

Mr. Hankey
06-17-11, 04:22 PM
I did help him get registered and setup here on the forum. So he is here, I am sure he will post in due time.

YoDude9999
06-18-11, 02:13 AM
If he knocks me down a notch I'm gonna cuss a lot!!!

Crazybob
06-18-11, 12:21 PM
Glad to see he's back. He adds a little stability in a world of chaos.:)

bro-david
06-18-11, 01:50 PM
I did not leave due to the brief dust up a year ago. My wife retired from her job as asst. manager of a bookstore (I am asst. manager at home!) and I retired from the State law office. We sold our house and moved to the small rural church field and village I had served twice before. I now pastor grandparents who were high school youth when here in the mid 1960's. (They had many babies in spite of my preaching!!!) We are settled and very happy here.

I must e frank. I researched several other Teams before coming back, but kept feeling drawn to the Team where I had so many helpful friends. I like the look of the new Board and thank those who work so hard to make and maintain such a neat, well run Board. We sometimes forget how many GIVE time and effort to make this a success. So why would anyone, (especially the non-workers) complain about anything on any Message Board? We have the best motivated Team and I had no dilemma in choosing which Team to come to.

So many really good and helpful friends I had here and I hope I can reconnect to them. Mr. Hankey put up with my high verbiage emails to help me have the Member Only access and he is one smart man. There were members who gave me such cyber support when I had my brain surgery about seven years ago. BTW: No neurological problems since that precarious operation. Only real disappointment was the lack of sympathy from my congregation. Back then we had a choir behind me at the pulpit. I yearned for sympathy to gush forth with the bandage on the back of my head when at the pulpit. But the hole the surgeon made was so small that the band-aid covering it evoked no sympathy. I did not know my brain was so small. The Lord may have humbled me.

I am only crunching seti right now till I build up the credits. I was sorry the old Board, messages and the credits have been lost. But, that is life. I crunched seti for years long before there was a seti.usa Team and those credits are gone to. But, at 73, I hope I live long enough to help find ET and if not, my theology mandates that I may go to wherever he ... she ... it resides.

Keep going, Team. We have good diversity and also good unity. You are the greatest!

Maxwell
06-18-11, 02:19 PM
Hooray! I'm glad to have you back and posting! It sounds like you've got a pretty nice and relaxing retirement going on. I'm a little jealous, to be honest. Hope you keep hanging around here! I've missed your wisdom since we've migrated over here.

YoDude9999
06-18-11, 03:07 PM
Well....Maybe I won't cuss so much after all.

I will say it's great to have you with us. We always love to get new AND returning members! With that, I offer my personal, "Welcome Aboard" and hope that you'll stay here with us for some time to come.

At this point, I'll also offer my apologies in advance for posts that you my find, "unsavory" in content and/or language, but rest assured we are a fun bunch here and love to have a great time. Though some of us may seem demented in our own particular ways, we are basically harmless :)

Again, thank you for joining and if you should ever need a, "Dummy Plug", I have several available for a minimal cost ;)

DrBob
06-18-11, 03:35 PM
Welcome home Brother David.
Great to see you on the boards posting again. :)

joker
06-18-11, 06:54 PM
Though some of us may seem demented in our own particular ways, we are basically harmless

We don't know who you are talking about.......... :-"

Duke of Buckingham
06-18-11, 07:06 PM
We don't know who you are talking about.......... :-"

Someone called me?????????????????

Mike029
06-18-11, 07:51 PM
Welcome home Bro. David. Nice to read your wonderful comments on the team. Glad you chose to come back.

c303a
06-18-11, 10:03 PM
Glad to see you back Bro. David. Enjoy reading your posts. Of course you know you won't get any sympathy here either. :):):)

valyn42
06-18-11, 10:54 PM
Never met ya before, but am glad I have the chance here. Good to see ya :D

bro-david
06-19-11, 12:37 AM
Well....Maybe I won't cuss so much after all.

I will say it's great to have you with us. We always love to get new AND returning members! With that, I offer my personal, "Welcome Aboard" and hope that you'll stay here with us for some time to come.

At this point, I'll also offer my apologies in advance for posts that you my find, "unsavory" in content and/or language, but rest assured we are a fun bunch here and love to have a great time. Though some of us may seem demented in our own particular ways, we are basically harmless :)

Again, thank you for joining and if you should ever need a, "Dummy Plug", I have several available for a minimal cost ;)

better YoDude9999 than YoDude666! Ole' buddy, fret not thyself. At my age with a most "unsavory" youth and Army background and many years in Law office representing mental patients, there is nothing you can say or post that I have not heard and used to (*kinda "used to") do or say. I definitely do not fit nor want to fit the stereotype of a Baptist parson, believe me.

I actually looked into some of the "Christian Teams" Boards when considering re-crunching and I preferred the openness and diversity of a Team as ours. I even found one "Christian" Team which publishes their stated purpose is to process seti@home to prove there is no other life in the universe! How is that for objectivity?

No, you nor any Team member (or anyone else in my circle of acquaintances) need ever feel that they need to tread on eggshells around this preacher. I am not one to be offended. Now, my Lord may take a different view, but I am definitely not Him.

Be yourself. Of course if you see the need to improve yourself, by all means do so and if I can ever help in that (without dictating,) just ask my help.

You are new to me and I am sure I will get to know you and appreciate your thoughts and humor. One of my favorite pictures of an artist's conception of Jesus is he is throwing back his head and roaring with laughter. We all need that.
:))

Maxwell
06-19-11, 01:06 AM
You know, leave it to Jesus to ruin the whole "your mom's a slut" jokes... ;) :))

Anyway, I'm glad you re-upped with us, David. I'm really liking the crew we have hanging around these parts nowadays...:cool:

joker
06-19-11, 01:19 AM
For God so loved the crunchers that he gave his only be gotten computer, that who shallever will crunch for him will not parish but have everlasting credits............Yes, you will learn to hate me here! =))=))

Maxwell
06-19-11, 01:36 AM
For God so loved the crunchers that he gave his only be gotten computer, that who shallever will crunch for him will not parish but have everlasting credits............Yes, you will learn to hate me here! =))=))
I felt kinda awkward for my comment, then you one-upped me. Thank you, sir. ;)

joker
06-19-11, 03:17 AM
Trust in the BOINC with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways crunch for it and it will direct your path.

I am bad.

Duke of Buckingham
06-19-11, 03:44 AM
Trust in the BOINC with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways crunch for it and it will direct your path.

I am bad.

BOINC BOINC BOINC

:((:((:((:((:((:((:((:((:((:((

Crazybob's Son
06-20-11, 01:41 PM
Horribly late here, but welcome back Bro David! Glad to see you came back to the team. There is a new bunch of people here but comradery nonetheless

aux9o
06-26-11, 07:54 PM
Hello from pineville Louisiana !!!