PDA

View Full Version : How do I change location with new BOINC Client?

DrPop
06-21-11, 02:27 PM
I am sure the answer is real obvious and it's probably right under my nose. But...I can't seem to find the way to switch location on my client end. For example, I realized my PG acct on the DrPop rig was set to "school" or something like that...and it took me forever to figure out I had to go change that location's settings at PG to get it to download the right sub project for this challenge.In the future, where do I tell BOINC to use a certain location setting for a particular project on the client end?Thanks for the info.

Maxwell
06-21-11, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure... I've always handled that at the project.

Bryan
06-21-11, 04:04 PM
+1

I go to the project and move the machine to the location I want. Then in BOINC I hit update and it contacts the project and gets the new location.

DrPop
06-21-11, 04:09 PM
OK, thanks guys. So I just need to go to the project and do it there. I will do that, thanks again.

YoDude9999
06-21-11, 11:04 PM
The way I do it is like this;

Go to the project, my account, computers on this account, details. Scroll to bottom, you should find a drop-down menu there.

DrPop
06-22-11, 01:17 AM
Yes, thank you. I kept looking for it on the BOINC client at my rig - and it wasn't there. Somehow managed to put one of my rigs on "school" and I didn't know it...all taken care of now, thanks for the simple explanations, it really helped! :o