PDA

View Full Version : My Atrix is making run-on sentences when I post

DrPop
06-25-11, 03:48 PM
Not sure why, but I just noticed this happening since the latest forum update. Whenever I post Mobile from my Motorola Atrix (Android OS) phone, (i.e. any time I am not at the office), my posts look like a bunch of run-on sentences. Of course, they are also loaded with typos because of my poor touch-pad phone texting skills, but what I'm most concerned about is that the messages I post lose all formatting. The spaces between periods and the beginning of the next sentence that I put in are deleted, as well as any blank lines I put in between different thoughts, (hitting the ENTER key to make a new paragraph, for example).

Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I might be able to do to fix it? The Atrix has a pretty decent (for a phone) 1GHz dual core processor, and runs a (supposedly) full version of Firefox web browser.

Thanks for any help on this!
Pop

Maxwell
06-25-11, 04:09 PM
I just thought you'd been drinking...:D

When you're in the forums on your phone, what skin/style are you using?

DrPop
06-25-11, 04:35 PM
I just thought you'd been drinking...:D

When you're in the forums on your phone, what skin/style are you using?

Hahaha! :D That's a good one. ;) I think it's just the default skin - white background, text is black, and lots of blue "trim" around everything...do you think it's something I need to update on the phone if that's possible?

Maxwell
06-25-11, 07:58 PM
Then I'm out. All I would guess is that you should make sure you have Flash installed on your phone. But my one guess was clearly not the issue.

Fire$torm
06-25-11, 08:00 PM
Let me see here......

Test #1. Try a different phone if one is available. This should help clarify where the problem is.

Gopher_FreeDC
06-30-11, 05:23 PM
Yes, that should clarify it from the sounds of it. What is happening is it's loading what is in the text box and not doing replace("\n","<BR>"); and thus treating it as plain unformatted HTML.. bad.. really bad.. might be a glitch in the mobile version of site..

DrPop
06-30-11, 07:55 PM
OK, I keep forgetting to do this test. I will try with Kim's iPhone tonight and compare. Thanks!

joker
07-10-11, 06:14 PM
And.............................................

DrPop
08-23-11, 02:47 AM
Yahoo! I just upgraded my Atrix to the latest Gingerbread OS and no more run on sentences! It saves all my carriage returns ...

...like this now!
Not to mention it made the phone way more responsive and polished. This thing smokes the phone Kim has for sure. I think they would have sold a lot more of these if this latest version of the OS was on the Atrix when people were trying them out in the AT&T store. :p

STMahlberg
08-23-11, 03:52 AM
I thought that a run-on sentence was two independent clauses that have been run together without an appropriate conjunction and/or mark of punctuation between them. :D

DrPop
08-23-11, 09:59 PM
Heh...yeah, you're right. I just didn't know what to call the problem, so that's what I called it. It was gluing all my sentences together and removing any spaces or carriage returns. I think it was an HTML problem in the older OS on the phone.

STMahlberg
08-24-11, 12:30 PM
Heh...yeah, you're right. I just didn't know what to call the problem, so that's what I called it. It was gluing all my sentences together and removing any spaces or carriage returns. I think it was an HTML problem in the older OS on the phone.

Sorry, I was just trying to be a smart-ass. lol :D