2 (4-ounce) cans dice jalapeno peppers

1 habanero, stemmed, de-seeded and chopped

1 teaspoon Goya sofrito

4 vigorous shakes of Tabasco

1 (12-ounce) can black beans

1 (12-ounce) can red kidney beans

1/2 cup masa harina (flour)

Salt and black pepper, to taste

Fry the bacon until crisp, crack open a cold beer, and start eating the bacon. In the pan (leaving the reserved bacon grease), brown the cubed beef and pork. Add the onions, bell pepper, and garlic. Saute' for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are softened. Transfer to a large pot and add the liquid ingredients: beef broth, tomato puree, and water. Stir well, bringing to a simmer. Add the spices, peppers, sofrito, and Tabasco. Cook for 2-3 hours over a low flame. Add the beans and masa harina (for thickening) about 20 minutes before serving. Adjust the seasonings with salt and black pepper to taste. Serves 6-8

This is not an obnoxious heat, in fact the taste is excellent. Add broth if too thick and flour if too thin. I like to prep everything ahead of time, makes it flow better. No problem cooking this longer, I have gone 6 hours with no issues. Most stores have the meat cut, I like doing it myself. One warning about the habanero, you won't really feel the oil on your fingertips, even an hour later. If you touch your lips or eye you WILL suffer. WASH YOUR HANDS

Enjoy this, it's top shelf. Damn near a work of art.

Patrick

Fire$torm
07-24-11, 03:18 PM
Man that sounds delicious!!! Thank you for sharing, must give it a try. :D

Mumps
07-25-11, 07:06 PM
And if you like it a little hotter, just don't de-seed the Habenero. :x :-o

joker
07-25-11, 10:16 PM
Makes my farts hurt just reading about it!!

YoDude9999
07-25-11, 10:52 PM
Sounds like fun, I'll give it a whirl !

Clank [MM]
07-26-11, 02:04 PM
And if you like it a little hotter, just don't de-seed the Habenero. :x :-o

Oh you guys want hot chili, I can do that too. Let me call home. I would like to know who cooks this beast up and let me know what you think. Mumps is right, there is room to up the heat, I usually use 3 habanero's. When you walk out of the house and come back in while it simmers - oooh boy.

Mumps
07-26-11, 06:31 PM
;20564']Oh you guys want hot chili, I can do that too. Let me call home. I would like to know who cooks this beast up and let me know what you think. Mumps is right, there is room to up the heat, I usually use 3 habanero's. When you walk out of the house and come back in while it simmers - oooh boy.

Yup. My favorite Salsa recipe (done off the cuff all the time) goes about as follows:

2 habenero (de-seeded if I expect the wife to even think about trying any)
3 serranos
4 large jalepeno
8-10 Roma tomatoes
Onion
Garlic
Cilantro
Lime juice
salt to taste

Let sit so the tomato water can get pulled out by the salt and mostly removed.

zombie67
07-27-11, 09:56 PM
Makes my farts hurt just reading about it!!

http://www.pvponline.com/comics/pvp20110726.png