PDA

View Full Version : Linux Host not grabbing WU's from Primaboinca..

Beerdrinker
07-27-11, 08:24 AM
Hey team...

Can't get the Linux pz to grab work from Primaboinca. Getting this info:

ons 27 jul 2011 14:20:42 CEST primaboinca Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
ons 27 jul 2011 14:20:42 CEST primaboinca Requesting new tasks
ons 27 jul 2011 14:22:02 CEST primaboinca Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
ons 27 jul 2011 14:22:02 CEST primaboinca Message from server: platform 'x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' not found

How can I help this?

Beerdrinker
07-27-11, 11:14 AM
Well, I took the plunge...Erased the Xubuntu 11.04 again....And went with another Distro I found...Linux Mint 11...Crunching Primaboinca rigth now!! :p:cool::cool:

Fire$torm
07-27-11, 11:30 AM
Prima is an x86 app so you will need to use an app_info file (Anonymous Platform) to run Prima, but I do not have one. Sorry. Hopefully triggl or one of the other Linux Gurus can help.

Edit: Idea, you could run Virtualbox with 32bit Ubuntu. Might be easier in the long run.

Note: You could try an Ubuntu minimal CD (Ubuntu striped down to bare-bones). Look here ---> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD

Edit again: You posted again b4 I finished this one. Glad you got it crunching. :-bd

trigggl
07-27-11, 01:57 PM
Prima is an x86 app so you will need to use an app_info file (Anonymous Platform) to run Prima, but I do not have one. Sorry. Hopefully triggl or one of the other Linux Gurus can help.

Edit: Idea, you could run Virtualbox with 32bit Ubuntu. Might be easier in the long run.

Note: You could try an Ubuntu minimal CD (Ubuntu striped down to bare-bones). Look here ---> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD

Edit again: You posted again b4 I finished this one. Glad you got it crunching. :-bd

I don't currently run an app_info anywhere. None is required for primaboinca. Beer probably just didn't have the 32-bit libraries installed.

Many Linux users at a board I go to believe that Mint is the best distro to start out with. Basically, it's Ubuntu with improvements.

Beerdrinker
07-27-11, 04:06 PM
I don't currently run an app_info anywhere. None is required for primaboinca. Beer probably just didn't have the 32-bit libraries installed.

Many Linux users at a board I go to believe that Mint is the best distro to start out with. Basically, it's Ubuntu with improvements.

Well, it definately looks like a great place to start out!...Java, flash and other "handy stuff" comes pre-installed - so that's nice. Youtube videos plays instantly...:D

For now it looks like a keeper - but as I get to know more I suspect I will move on to a higher level....:cool:

Fire$torm
07-27-11, 04:32 PM

Thats what I started to post but when I did a net search I got quite a few hits regarding app_info file for x64 linux hosts running x86 apps

Well, it definately looks like a great place to start out!...Java, flash and other "handy stuff" comes pre-installed - so that's nice. Youtube videos plays instantly...:D

For now it looks like a keeper - but as I get to know more I suspect I will move on to a higher level....:cool:

Great! My first attempt many years ago was with RedHat 5.5 IIRC. Not a great experience after the install. Ubuntu ended up being my gateway into the Linux world. Anyhow, good stuff there Beer. Lots to learn. Enjoy :D

Beerdrinker
07-27-11, 04:49 PM
Thats what I started to post but when I did a net search I got quite a few hits regarding app_info file for x64 linux hosts running x86 apps

Great! My first attempt many years ago was with RedHat 5.5 IIRC. Not a great experience after the install. Ubuntu ended up being my gateway into the Linux world. Anyhow, good stuff there Beer. Lots to learn. Enjoy :D

What kinda of Linux are you running these days?

Fire$torm
07-27-11, 05:03 PM

I have Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) on my Sony Laptop. As soon as I get a replacement hard drive for my Dell laptop I'll reintstall Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) on it. Most issues I have had with Ubuntu have been fairly easy to resolve, unlike quite a few Windows issues that still bother me.

Slicker
08-02-11, 10:18 AM

Debian and RH/Fedora. I prefer stability over bells and whistles.