PDA

View Full Version : May I present..SILENT HUNTER

Beerdrinker
07-29-11, 10:02 AM
Hello there team.

May I present to you: SILENT HUNTER:

SILENT HUNTER is a Linux based pc, that I will use to learn the ways of Linux. I have always wanted to do that. So I took the plunge and did it. Itīs built mostly from left-overs - with some more new parts in it.

You will now notice I have one empty PCI-E slot to fill...:p;)

The specifications:

AMD AM3 X2 240e (2 x 2.8Ghz @ 45W TDP)
Asus M4N78
2*2 GB PC-6400
500 GB Seagate 7200 RPM harddrive
Asus Quiet-drive DVD
300W Seasonic FANLESS PSU
Coolermaster Elite housing..

It looks cheap - is cheap and is supposed to be! :cool:

HAPPY CRUNCHING!

denim
07-29-11, 10:16 AM
Nice work.

Fire$torm
07-29-11, 01:48 PM
Super cool rig you have there. And cheap is good. :D

Cheers to S.USA's latest up-n-coming Linux Guru!!! b-)

Crazybob
07-29-11, 01:53 PM
Congrats Beer!

rgathright
07-29-11, 01:58 PM
Nice rig!

I smell a custom compiled kernel in this rigs future. %%-

c303a
07-29-11, 04:10 PM
Another excuse to have a beer toast. As if we need one. Nice job beer.<:-P<:-P<:-P

DrPop
07-29-11, 06:12 PM
Very nice. Should be easier on the utility bill than some of the other rigs :D ;)

Beerdrinker
07-30-11, 12:29 AM
Very nice. Should be easier on the utility bill than some of the other rigs :D ;)

I am such a sneaky bastard...!

There were absolutely some things I considered when doing this one...

1. It had to be SILENT!...The wife canīt tell if itīs running or not..
2. It had to be cheap. Otherwise I could not build if from them small coins I stowe away...:D
3. Itīs sow cheap on juice, she will not notice on the bill...:cool:

She did however ask me, if it were really needed. She meant 2 computers next to each other - were I could only use 1 at a time...The answer: "Off course I needed it dear, thatīs why I built it"...[-X

Slicker
08-01-11, 11:51 AM
I am such a sneaky bastard...!

She did however ask me, if it were really needed. She meant 2 computers next to each other - were I could only use 1 at a time...The answer: "Off course I needed it dear, thatīs why I built it"...[-X

You missed an opportunity! You should have showed her VNC and then begged for a second monitor so you could use the same keyboard and mouse to control both computers with the same mouse and keyboard at the same time! That would have really convinced her and you would have gotten the OK to get a new monitor besides!

DrPop
08-01-11, 02:56 PM
You missed an opportunity! . . .and you would have gotten the OK to get a new monitor besides!

:)) =)) haha! You guys think of EVERYTHING! :D