PDA

View Full Version : Yoyo: New project started

RSS
07-31-11, 03:42 PM
Harmonious Trees are now running as new subproject. The application is currently available for Linx 32- and 64 bit systems as test application.

More... (http://www.rechenkraft.net/yoyo/all_news.php#179)

Fire$torm
07-31-11, 04:45 PM
So who is going to run this one?

spingadus
07-31-11, 04:48 PM
So who is going to run this one?

Eventually I will just for the badge :)

Don't have the spare cycles atm...

Anything special needed to run a 'test app'?

Bok
07-31-11, 05:15 PM
New Badge to hunt down. On it...

I'll add the badge to the stats as soon as I get a chance..

Fire$torm
07-31-11, 05:20 PM
Eventually I will just for the badge :)

Don't have the spare cycles atm...

Anything special needed to run a 'test app'?

Not that I could tell from the YoYo site.

New Badge to hunt down. On it...

I'll add the badge to the stats as soon as I get a chance..

Thank you Bok! You Da Man :D

Bok
07-31-11, 06:19 PM
There are preferences in the project to select which projects you wish to run, you may have to select it there on your account page.

Badges added to stats, they'll be shown to the (2) users who have earned one so far on the next xml update...

Bok

spingadus
07-31-11, 06:27 PM
There are preferences in the project to select which projects you wish to run, you may have to select it there on your account page.

Badges added to stats, they'll be shown to the (2) users who have earned one so far on the next xml update...

Bok

Wow that was fast!

Bok
07-31-11, 06:30 PM
It's only a few lines of code :) Plus pulling down each image (10 of them) and renaming them to my standards..

I should actually re-code it all a little so I can add new subprojects via my admin webpages, much like I add new projects. Always intended to once WCG exported their subproject data, but that was promised almost 2 years ago now and still hasn't been done :(

Fire$torm
07-31-11, 08:42 PM
It's only a few lines of code :) Plus pulling down each image (10 of them) and renaming them to my standards..

I should actually re-code it all a little so I can add new projects via my admin webpages, much like I add new projects. Always intended to once WCG exported their subproject data, but that was promised almost 2 years ago now and still hasn't been done :(

That must be way down on their "To-Do" list. After all, Corp. image always comes first. :P

Bok
08-02-11, 12:01 PM
And I've reached the first badge. Full set once more :)

zombie67
08-02-11, 11:04 PM
I got all my credits in yoyo before badges, and I already have my 1M there. So I find it hard to go after badges now. I have so many other projects to get to 1M. Maybe then I will go back and get badges on my way to 2.5M. ;)

spingadus
08-03-11, 02:07 AM
I got all my credits in yoyo before badges, and I already have my 1M there. So I find it hard to go after badges now. I have so many other projects to get to 1M. Maybe then I will go back and get badges on my way to 2.5M. ;)

I would have expected you to get the badges retroactively based on your existing credit totals. Seems unfair.

Bok
08-03-11, 06:49 AM
The problem is that prior to the badges being implemented they do not have the breakdown of the individual subproject credit. It's not in the standard BOINC server code to maintain this. I've lobbied for it to be implemented to no avail :)

Zombie, you could probably reach the minimum in each subproject (10k) in a single day. Might be worth it in case any of the subprojects end.. They did have a very short lived subproject called evorobots where no one got a badge.

zombie67
08-04-11, 10:14 PM
The problem is that prior to the badges being implemented they do not have the breakdown of the individual subproject credit. It's not in the standard BOINC server code to maintain this. I've lobbied for it to be implemented to no avail :)

Zombie, you could probably reach the minimum in each subproject (10k) in a single day. Might be worth it in case any of the subprojects end.. They did have a very short lived subproject called evorobots where no one got a badge.

Heh. Depending on the credits awarded, I can manage only 10-40k per day on CPUs. But that's a good point!

zombie67
08-07-11, 01:00 AM
Heh. Depending on the credits awarded, I can manage only 10-40k per day on CPUs. But that's a good point!

Well, I got two (more) today! :D

zombie67
08-11-11, 03:36 PM

There we go. 5 badges (see below).

Bok
08-11-11, 04:10 PM
Cool, just missing the Euler badge as that project finished.