PDA

View Full Version : New to the scene

drydenlee
08-09-11, 06:33 AM
I was involved with SETI@HOME for a short time when it originated, but I didn't remember to reinstall it at some point. I was never part of a team so this is new to me. I'll try to contribute what I can.

spingadus
08-09-11, 04:09 PM
Welcome aboard! I had a similar story. Started crunching way back when, but then only intermittently over the intervening years and finally joined this team. Any crunching you do helps the team. What you crunch is up to you, but if you want to help directly with team goals, please read this thread. We are getting more organized again.

http://www.setiusa.us/showthread.php?1890-TEAM-GOALS-NEEDS-DISCUSSION!!

c303a
08-09-11, 06:45 PM
Welcome aboard. I also crunched in the early days and then got away from it. You will find all the help you may need here. Just ask and someone here will help.

Fire$torm
08-09-11, 06:47 PM
Hi there and welcome aboard. Glad you could join us. Crunch On!

DrPop
08-10-11, 01:13 PM
Glad to have you with us! I've a similar story as well, in that I crunched the old SETI@home Classic when I was in undergrad college, and then was out of the scene for quite a few years. Just got back into it these past couple years, and it's amazing how you can fly up the ranks with a couple dedicated machines! :D
Welcome aboard the SETI.USA Ship, my friend. =D>**==

Crazybob
08-10-11, 02:48 PM
Welcome to the team drydenlee! A lot of us are from the original SETI software days. The good old days when a MB of RAM was enough.:) please ask if you have any questions or want to get the best performance out of your rig.:cool:

Crazybob's Son
08-22-11, 02:57 PM
Looks like I missed this one.

Welcome to the team! Glad to have you here. Don't forget to add FreeHAL and WUProp to your active projects as well. They are both non-cpu intensive projects and will increase your credit total.

- Jason aka Crazybob's Son

STMahlberg
08-22-11, 04:47 PM
Welcome!