PDA

View Full Version : Google Ads

Bryan
11-05-10, 01:48 AM
Does anyone know how to kill Google Ads on Windows IE? I get bunches of ads showing up on the new forum.

Maxwell
11-05-10, 02:09 AM
Short answer: No.

Slightly longer dissatisfying answer: Use FF with the Ad Blocker Plus add-on. (this is what I'm using without issue)

Full answer: ?? Not using IE right now... maybe check into ad-blocker programs for IE?

KaoticEvil[SETI.USA]
11-05-10, 09:05 AM
Don't even need to use Ad Block.. NoScript does the same thing, only better. I don't even see ads most of the time, not even a placeholder..

Teratoma
11-05-10, 12:17 PM
How about you leave the ads and click on some once in a while to help support Bok's hosting costs. Its the least we can do in return for his generousity. ;)

DrPop
11-05-10, 12:48 PM
Have to admit I don't really mind looking at the ZOOSK ads! :D

KaoticEvil[SETI.USA]
11-05-10, 07:11 PM
How about you leave the ads and click on some once in a while to help support Bok's hosting costs. Its the least we can do in return for his generousity. ;)
Would if I saw them.. All scripts are allowed on here, and I don't see them..

thepossum1
11-06-10, 03:46 AM
hahaha I'm dutifully clicking all the ads--I now know more than I ever wanted to know about ostomy supplies lol

Can't help myself, I'm a click addict

Beerdrinker
11-06-10, 03:55 AM

My thougth excactly...

thepossum1
11-07-10, 09:13 AM
I'm a creature of habit, so I click all the ads on each page while reading threads--love tabs in FF :)

They only need to load, right? Or do I need to nav around for them to count?

trigggl
11-07-10, 09:31 AM
That motorcycle technician training sounds good.

Flash Blocker in Firefox blocks about a 3rd of them. Actually, it's a good thing to have in general anyways to keep the bandwidth down and the browser responsiveness up.

I guess I can click an add every now and then as long is it isn't one that uses flash.

STMahlberg
11-07-10, 09:42 AM
Can I just send him a check instead?

How about a donation button in addition to the ads?

Maxwell
11-07-10, 10:11 AM
Can I just send him a check instead?

How about a donation button in addition to the ads?
If you go to the Free-DC stats site, there is a donation button there that goes to Bok. I've confirmed that one with him before...

STMahlberg
11-07-10, 10:38 AM
If you go to the Free-DC stats site, there is a donation button there that goes to Bok. I've confirmed that one with him before...

Very good, I will make sure I use it. :)

Fire$torm
11-07-10, 01:48 PM
Sorry but I don't see any ads, ever, because of FF plug-ins like Adblock Plus and flashblock. So adding a donation button as a "Reminder" for those of us that hate ads would probably work better. Also, having one on our site would help Bok to distinguish donations from us with those from Free-DC.

Just MHO.

STMahlberg
11-15-10, 01:11 PM
I liked the Camero ad and I really want one... was thinking about trading in my truck and I found a better color than yellow; they have it in green. I love it!

zombie67
11-15-10, 05:10 PM
I liked the Camero ad and I really want one... was thinking about trading in my truck and I found a better color than yellow; they have it in green. I love it!

Like a bright neon green? I saw on the road a week ago. Definitely an eye-catcher!

STMahlberg
11-15-10, 09:54 PM
Like a bright neon green? I saw on the road a week ago. Definitely an eye-catcher!

Yes, never seen the green one on the road yet but on their website it looked good.

STMahlberg
11-18-10, 03:30 PM
I saw a new ad today that asked... Do you want to meet Natsha who's 20 on WooMe?

What a stupid question, of course I want to meet Natsha who's 20; the real question is would she be interested in a 47 year old guy, who's in poor health, that has an outstanding retirement and death benefit... :D

DrPop
11-18-10, 03:37 PM
Hahahahaha! I was rolling on that one! Especially the bit about the awesome retirement and "future benefit!" :D

You know...if she was say, Russian or Indonesian or the like, she just might be interested in you footing the bill for her U.S.A. citizenship! ;) hehehe