PDA

View Full Version : CPU Temp Readers

John P. Myers
08-10-11, 06:04 PM
Need some suggestions on what temperature readures you guys use. I'm using Core Temp and don't trust it. The readings seem off.

DrPop
08-10-11, 06:09 PM
Uh-oh. That's the one I'm using!?:confused: ;)

John P. Myers
08-10-11, 06:12 PM
Uh-oh. That's the one I'm using!?:confused: ;)

Just downloaded RealTemp and it's giving me the exact same readings. So i guess...nevermind lol

Must just be some differences inside the chip causing some cores to read 6 to 10C higher than others :/

Fire$torm
08-11-11, 12:34 AM
For reference I use SpeedFan.

Beerdrinker
08-11-11, 11:01 AM
HW Monitor:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Mumps
08-11-11, 06:49 PM
Also, like Fire$torm, I use SpeedFan. But at least the version I have, there's a problem with it and my ASUS P5K Deluxe under WinXP 64bit. Randomly, after a few days uptime, the readings will break and report things like negative temps until a reboot.

spingadus
08-11-11, 10:57 PM
coretemp works fine for me.

shralper
10-02-11, 12:58 PM
Just downloaded RealTemp and it's giving me the exact same readings. So i guess...nevermind lol

Must just be some differences inside the chip causing some cores to read 6 to 10C higher than others :/

I was looking into the same question about my computer. From what i read its no big deal. Basically I found out some programs use only one or two cores causing those to be hotter and the other possibility has to do with variation in coverage with thermal paste. Again though from what i read no big deal. If you are still worried you can run a load check and see if the temps even out.

I use core temp too.