PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Michael Dahms
08-20-11, 08:49 AM
I used to be a member back in 2006, but then I stopped running BOINC projects because the computer I had at the time could no longer handle it. I just happened to be reading an article today about BOINC and decided to get back into it and rejoin this team. Luckily, I remembered all my project sign in info, so I don't have to start all the way over.

Mike

Fogle
08-20-11, 03:34 PM
Welcome back Mike glad you found your way back to the team and the boards. A lot has changed but it's still a crunch what you want team. That being said were crunching Primaboinca right now. What are you crunching? :confused:

spingadus
08-20-11, 03:41 PM
Welcome back! Please don't hesitate to ask about anything in the forums.

Oh, and please verify that all of your projects are associated with team seti.usa.

Fire$torm
08-20-11, 03:44 PM
Kool. Glad you decided to come back so welcome home. :-bd

STMahlberg
08-20-11, 06:00 PM
Welcome back!

DrPop
08-21-11, 01:56 AM
Sweet! Glad to have you on the team with us. Did you switch all your projects over to the team or were you already signed up for SETI.USA before? What kind of rig are you using these days, and what are your favorite project(s)? We have quite a wide variety represented here now, so I'm sure you'll fit in with quite a few of us. Always glad for an extra hand! :cool:

Michael Dahms
08-22-11, 06:33 AM
Sweet! Glad to have you on the team with us. Did you switch all your projects over to the team or were you already signed up for SETI.USA before? What kind of rig are you using these days, and what are your favorite project(s)? We have quite a wide variety represented here now, so I'm sure you'll fit in with quite a few of us. Always glad for an extra hand! :cool:

All the projects that I ran were already signed up for this team. I am probably only going to be running Seti and WCG for now. If the PlanetQuest ever gets started, then I will run that. I was disappointed to find out that it still hasn't been updated since I signed up for it 5 yrs ago.

Crazybob's Son
08-22-11, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the team! Glad to have you here. Also, make sure to add FreeHAL and WuProp to your projects as they are non-cpu intensive and provide you with more credits.

Fire$torm
08-22-11, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the team! Glad to have you here. Also, make sure to add FreeHAL and WuProp to your projects as they are non-cpu intensive and provide you with more credits.

Thx CBS. I seem to always forget to mention that. :-bd

Michael Dahms
08-22-11, 08:02 PM
Thanks everyone! I added FreeHAL and WuProp.

zombie67
08-22-11, 08:27 PM
Also, make sure to add FreeHAL and WuProp to your projects as they are non-cpu intensive and provide you with more credits.

To be clear, FreeHAL can be either CPU or non-CPU. Be sure to select non-CPU, 1 per core, in your project preferences.

Crazybob
08-23-11, 05:25 PM
Welcome! Good to see you back!