PDA

View Full Version : Of course,,,,

zombie67
08-21-11, 01:25 AM
I am a couple hours away at the Monterey Historics, and the power goes out at home. Long enough for everything to have to reboot...except for the SB w/ dual 590s. And I can't get back until tomorrow. Makes me cry.

DrPop
08-21-11, 01:52 AM
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h! There, I just yelled it for you! :o;)

spingadus
08-21-11, 02:12 AM
ARG!

valyn42
08-21-11, 09:58 AM
Kinda feel your pain. Had a power outage yesterday, lasted about an hour. The house was creepy quiet. The only thing I could think of was, "Damn, now Bryan is gonna catch me in DiRT!" But at least I was able to get everything running after the power came back. AAIIGGHH!!! <-- I'll say it for ya as well!:D

Bryan
08-21-11, 10:59 AM
Kinda feel your pain. Had a power outage yesterday, lasted about an hour. The house was creepy quiet. The only thing I could think of was, "Damn, now Bryan is gonna catch me in DiRT!" But at least I was able to get everything running after the power came back. AAIIGGHH!!! <-- I'll say it for ya as well!:D

I took a power hit last night also. All machines came back up and it looked like all was fine. 2 hours later I checked each machine and found one of the 5970/GTX 570 machines was having problems. Dirt wasn't running and everytime I launched MSI AB the machine froze and I had to reboot. I really thought I had lost the machine. I uninstalled MSI AB and reinstalled and that started working and it recognized the Cuda card. It turns out that when the power drop out took place it somehow screwed up Dirt in BOINC. I had to detach/reattach Dirt to get it going again. Wierd!

At least the card/machine wasn't dead like it first appeared! :)

PS I was out of town for 3 days and the last day I was gone something happened and my machines plugged up with several hundred wu wanting to upload. It shut down BOINC's request for new work so I ran dry on Dirt. That was right when they started having trouble keeping up so I'm sure once they get the backlog taken care of you will leap ahead.