PDA

View Full Version : Maxwell Spanker vs. Silver Hammer vs. Annihilatrix, pt. 2

Maxwell
11-06-10, 03:06 AM
Ok. This is an update and continuation to the thread copied from the old boards.

Update on the taunters:
-JPM: MIA. Presumed eaten by hordes of cannibals in Tennessee.
-STM: Has Stockholm Syndrome for quiet machines; must not be left alone with USB ports.
- Max: The epitome of awesomeness. The standard by which all people should be measured.

Update on the builds:
Maxwell Spanker: ???
Silver Hammer: AMD Phenom II x6 @ 3.2GHz; one 5970. One open PCIe 2.0 slot...
Annihilatrix: "next year"

Winner = Silver Hammer

Fire$torm
11-06-10, 04:57 AM
SNEAKY.......

STMahlberg
11-06-10, 06:23 AM
Ok. This is an update and continuation to the thread copied from the old boards.

Update on the taunters:
-STM: Has Stockholm Syndrome for quiet machines; must not be left alone with USB ports.
- Max: The epitome of awesomeness. The standard by which all people should be measured.

Update on the builds:

Winner = Silver Hammer

I'd love to write some long-winded witty response but frankly I can't... I'm laughing too damn hard from reading your post. =))

STMahlberg
11-09-10, 05:39 PM

Update on the taunters:

Update on the builds:

Winner = Silver Hammer

Ugh. I wish I had a baby to punch. Or STM. I'd punch him if it would let me fix this stupid machine...

What did I do?! This is about the whole "coal in the firebox" comment isn't it... LOL

Nope. You are just planning to build the Annihilatrix, and are therefore my mortal enemy.

Perhaps your declaration as winner is a bit… premature to say the least; however, there is good news, they now have medication for that. (Please consult your Doctor.)

Those are bold words I find insolent; considering I am no mere mortal, you should be more wary of making such idle threats.

You cast JPM and his Maxwell Spanker aside thinking there will be no retaliation from him; spreading such lies as you have, claiming he has met his demise at the hands of Cannibals in Tennessee, perhaps you should cancel your subscription to the The Weekly World News and realize that Vampires would have been much more believable, even Zombies would have been better… but Cannibals?!?! I laugh at your lack of imagination and such backwards thinking.

And you thought I was gone for good, spreading such drivel, saying I was suffering from Stockholm Syndrome for no apparent reason; I can assure you that I have had no desire to dress up like Patty Hearst and join the SLA. Mere lies and outrageous claims are all you have and they will not save you.

I have merely been biding my time, planning methodically for the downfall of the Silver Hammer; you claim that we are now enemies once again since my return… then so be it.

The battle shall be a gallant one, claiming the true victor as I. It shall be as the battles of Great Villains’ and their Nemeses… Goliath & David, Professor Moriarty & Sherlock Holmes, Lex Luther & Superman, Dr. Evil and Austin Powers among many others; except this time, it is evil whom shall triumph because good is dumb.

I say, “Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war.”

Maxwell
11-09-10, 07:39 PM
Oh STM. Your cute and frothy language just doesn't make up for the fact that the Annihilatrix is about as built as Reagan's Star Wars Missile Defense system. Plan in one hand, crap in the other, and see which one gets you a tangible product first...

Once my new toy comes, this machine should probably scare up some credits. It should be a 1M+/day machine when I turn it to Max Credit mode. So there's your bar...

Fire$torm
11-09-10, 08:01 PM
Oh STM. Your cute and frothy language just doesn't make up for the fact that the Annihilatrix is about as built as Reagan's Star Wars Missile Defense system. Plan in one hand, crap in the other, and see which one gets you a tangible product first...

Once my new toy comes, this machine should probably scare up some credits. It should be a 1M+/day machine when I turn it to Max Credit mode. So there's your bar...

Gauntlets anyone?

joker
11-09-10, 10:17 PM
Gauntlets anyone? Heck no! I fear those! You are talking about the games........right? :-??

STMahlberg
11-10-10, 12:05 AM

Cute?!?!?!

*STM removes his glove and slaps Maxwell across the face.*

Rapiers at dawn my good fellow!

Maxwell
11-10-10, 12:35 AM
Cute?!?!?!

*STM removes his glove and slaps Maxwell across the face.*

Rapiers at dawn my good fellow!
Right. Leave it to you to come up with the least awesome way to invoke a battle. ;)

[British Accent]"Lest ye apologize for thine trespasses, thou shalt be the recipient of a vigorous slapping after afternoon tea and crumpets."[/British Accent]

Fire$torm
11-10-10, 10:34 AM
Heck no! I fear those! You are talking about the games........right? :-??

Spartacus! Spartacus! Spartacus!

STMahlberg
11-11-10, 07:15 PM
Spartacus! Spartacus! Spartacus!

Hey Fire$torm... Weren't you working on a new system, Plan 9 From Outer Space or something like that. ;)

Do tell... I am interested in hearing about your progress.

joker
11-11-10, 07:41 PM
Plan 9 From Outer Space or something like that.

Dont you talk about 7 that way! :p

Maxwell
11-11-10, 07:51 PM
Speaking of which, the Sledge for this Silver Hammer just arrived today. New card going in - will install after dinner, then mock the Planningatrix...

STMahlberg
11-11-10, 09:10 PM
Dont you talk about 7 that way! :p

An Ed Wood fan I presume... :)

Fire$torm
11-11-10, 11:04 PM
An Ed Wood fan I presume... :)
Who??? Had to check Wikipedia. never knew. You will not turn me into a convert........
Damn, too late. Searching the net for D/L's........

Hey Fire$torm... Weren't you working on a new system, Plan 9 From Outer Space or something like that. ;)

Do tell... I am interested in hearing about your progress.
Yep and SHE is called "7 of 9"
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pGOnGM04xgk/S6bP28L9mGI/AAAAAAAAJpg/4YWCK25jXbw/s400/jeri_ryan2.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_epgfmOGwFJs/SpwOQrVUTcI/AAAAAAAAAcw/MlkX7wvWncg/s400/jeri-ryan-0.jpg
Still working on her case design :P I will start a thread on her development soon. I hope to have her crunching B4 the next PG event.

STMahlberg
11-11-10, 11:22 PM
Still working on her case design :P I will start a thread on her development soon. I hope to have her crunching B4 the next PG event.

When you are finished with her case design, can I try her out for you? You know to see if she's *fully* functional. ;)

STMahlberg
11-12-10, 10:09 AM
Speaking of which, the Sledge for this Silver Hammer just arrived today. New card going in - will install after dinner, then mock the Planningatrix...

You know, evil empires are suffering just like everyone else in these difficult economic times; we’ve had to make cutbacks here and there. Work is slow and I’ve lost some of my best thugs and I don’t know if you realize how difficult it is to find quality henchmen when unemployment is so high; you just can’t hire anyone for the job…

Me, “So tell me about what kind of heists you have been involved in?”

Applicant, “Well, none really.”

Me, “None?! How about any illegal activity in which you were not apprehended?”

Applicant, “Well, once when I was shopping, I forgot to pay for the soda that I grabbed.”

Me, “Okay… shoplifting, that’s a start. How about something truly evil and morally reprehensible?”

Applicant, “I overcharged people for coffee when I worked at Starbucks.”

Me,”I see… well.. thank you for your interest but I’m afraid my organization is unable to use someone with… ahh… your talents.”

*Pushes button on trapdoor to let applicant out.*

“NEXT!”

So you see it’s just not that easy but soon your cheap Silver Plated Hammer WILL meet its demise at the hands of The Annihilatrix!

BBWWWWwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahahaha

Maxwell
11-12-10, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately, it's needs to be temporarily called the RMA hammer...

Card arrived essentially DOA. Put it in, fans didn't work, didn't vent, and sat at 100C with no load. The minute I tried to do anything more intense than look at my wallpaper-less desktop or open FF, the computer crashed.

Damn!!!

Fire$torm
11-12-10, 07:07 PM
When you are finished with her case design, can I try her out for you? You know to see if she's *fully* functional. ;)
NOOOOOOO!!! Only "I", her Creator and Master, will have access to all she has to offer...

Unfortunately, it's needs to be temporarily called the RMA hammer...

Card arrived essentially DOA. Put it in, fans didn't work, didn't vent, and sat at 100C with no load. The minute I tried to do anything more intense than look at my wallpaper-less desktop or open FF, the computer crashed.

Damn!!!

Sooo, STM (a.k.a. Sin The Merciless) has not told the whole truth about his diabolical organization! Tell me STM, how long have you had Gremlins in your employ?

Maxwell
11-12-10, 07:08 PM
Sooo, STM (a.k.a. Sin The Merciless) has not told the whole truth about his diabolical organization! Tell me STM, how long have you had Gremlins in your employ?
If they're in the RMA office too, I'm hiring my own henchmen...

joker
11-12-10, 07:57 PM
NOOOOOOO!!! Only "I", her Creator and Master, will have access to all she has to offer...

And her resistance is futile. ;)

STMahlberg
11-13-10, 03:16 AM

For quite some time now. ;)

By the way, I truely enjoy "Sin The Merciless", truely clever indeed; my organization may have a place for you in our Evil Anacronyms Department. :)

STMahlberg
11-13-10, 07:04 AM
If they're in the RMA office too, I'm hiring my own henchmen...

For me, your plight is bittersweet; I had hoped to do battle in a fair fight... at least as fair can be as long as I win of course.

My minions revel in wreaking havoc where ever it can be found, whether it be in the factories of video card makers or RMA offices. :)

Fire$torm
11-14-10, 01:43 AM
And her resistance is futile. ;)

ROFL! Gawd, you had me laughing so hard...... You are a dangerous Comic. A true nemeses of the Dark Knight.

For quite some time now. ;)

By the way, I truely enjoy "Sin The Merciless", truely clever indeed; my organization may have a place for you in our Evil Anacronyms Department. :)

Can I apply online? Resume available upon request.

Mike029
11-16-10, 12:48 PM
I am sooooo glad to see this thread alive and well. Some classic reading going on in here. Have at it.

Maxwell
11-24-10, 05:52 PM
For me, your plight is bittersweet; I had hoped to do battle in a fair fight... at least as fair can be as long as I win of course.

My minions revel in wreaking havoc where ever it can be found, whether it be in the factories of video card makers or RMA offices. :)
This is officially no longer funny. I'm going to double whatever STM is paying F$ and have him head out to Vegas and punch STM in the nuts and stop his minions.

Why am I doing this, you ask? Because the replacement card for the DOA card is also DOA. Ugh. Fortunately, Newegg is giving me free shipping on the dead card and overnighting the new one to me before I have to return the dead on. Thank god.

And if you're curious: It's a dead fan. Again.

Mike029
11-24-10, 07:32 PM
This is officially no longer funny. I'm going to double whatever STM is paying F$ and have him head out to Vegas and punch STM in the nuts and stop his minions.

WAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA. Sorry about the card Max but man I almost fell off my chair with that line.

Fire$torm
11-24-10, 08:26 PM
This is officially no longer funny...
I take all major credit cards and Paypal as well as the Sears card (Lifetime warranty on my job related tools). I also accept cash and certified bank checks.

Maxwell
11-25-10, 12:03 AM
I take all major credit cards and Paypal as well as the Sears card (Lifetime warranty on my job related tools). I also accept cash and certified bank checks.
If card #3 comes back dead, You're going to get a plane ticket and cash in the mail...

joker
11-25-10, 12:08 AM
If card #3 comes back dead, You're going to get a plane ticket and cash in the mail...

With that kind of deal.......Need any help Fire$torm???

STMahlberg
11-28-10, 12:44 PM

Why am I doing this, you ask? Because the replacement card for the DOA card is also DOA. Ugh. Fortunately, Newegg is giving me free shipping on the dead card and overnighting the new one to me before I have to return the dead on. Thank god.

And if you're curious: It's a dead fan. Again.

LOL The flying out to get me is seriously funny.

It's nice to know my minions are hard at work even when I'm on vacation. :)

Seriously though, sorry to hear about another bad card... Did they send another one yet that works?

Maxwell
11-28-10, 01:43 PM
LOL The flying out to get me is seriously funny.

It's nice to know my minions are hard at work even when I'm on vacation. :)

Seriously though, sorry to hear about another bad card... Did they send another one yet that works?
It was supposed to be overnighted, but in a holiday week, "overnight" apparently means "5 days".

Maxwell
12-02-10, 01:52 AM
Yes. The title of this post is "Suck it, STM." What is "it"? My Computer Oriented Crunching Knowledge.

Why, you might ask? Because he and his minions can suck it. It's a technical term describing the inability of him and his evil henchmen (and Fire$torm, maybe...) from keeping the Silver Hammer from, well, hammering.

The hammer: http://setiusa.free-dc.org/vbforum/showthread.php?359-Whats-In-your-Tower....&p=2582&viewfull=1#post2582

I rule. That is all.:cool:

STMahlberg
12-06-10, 12:09 PM
Yes. The title of this post is "Suck it, STM." What is "it"? My Computer Oriented Crunching Knowledge.

Why, you might ask? Because he and his minions can suck it. It's a technical term describing the inability of him and his evil henchmen (and Fire$torm, maybe...) from keeping the Silver Hammer from, well, hammering.

The hammer: http://setiusa.free-dc.org/vbforum/showthread.php?359-Whats-In-your-Tower....&p=2582&viewfull=1#post2582

I rule. That is all.:cool:

First, I'm curious if you kiss your Mama with that mouth... And second, it is only a minor setback.

Although your taunting has momentarily struck a nerve ~X(, I found that stepping on several baby chicks and kicking a puppy has made me feel better.

As much as I am tempted to stray from my plan, dipping into my down payment that I have been saving to purchase an island hideaway with a volcano that looks like a skull in which to build my evil lair, I feel that it would be unfair to take such extraordinary funding and build a system that would frankly… embarrass you.

I would much rather laugh >:) at you from high atop my volcano laid once The Annihilatrix is unleashed.

PeterRehm
12-06-10, 03:48 PM
Maxwell, play nice now. The last time we had a loud verbal joust like this half of the really good crunchers on the team decided to leave and many others like myself, JPM and STM decided it was just getting time to take a break from crunching.

I came back, just recently made my target of 40MM and am executing on my plan of going on a sabbatical. Maybe it's just the right time.

Slicker
12-06-10, 05:58 PM
Maxwell, play nice now. The last time we had a loud verbal joust like this half of the really good crunchers on the team decided to leave and many others like myself, JPM and STM decided it was just getting time to take a break from crunching.

I came back, just recently made my target of 40MM and am executing on my plan of going on a sabbatical. Maybe it's just the right time.

That may be due to some of them taking it personally. All this bantering is in jest. Those involved know that their counterparts are just talking smack to get the competitive juices flowing and to keep upgrading their systems. I for one think it is hilarious.

DrPop
12-06-10, 07:01 PM
All this bantering is in jest... I for one think it is hilarious.
Like the duel where the "secret weapon" was really Bryan from TM! :D
I wonder if Joker has forgiven Beer and I for that one yet? hehehe:o

joker
12-06-10, 07:19 PM
I wonder if Joker has forgiven Beer and I for that one yet?

Yes.....I am mailing forgiveness "gifts" now....... >:) 8-x

Fire$torm
12-06-10, 07:40 PM

\m/ ^:)^ >:/

Spankinmonkee
12-06-10, 08:36 PM

If it fits...it ships :))

Maxwell
12-07-10, 01:41 AM

That may be due to some of them taking it personally. All this bantering is in jest. Those involved know that their counterparts are just talking smack to get the competitive juices flowing and to keep upgrading their systems. I for one think it is hilarious.
Yeah, this is all just smack talk intended for entertainment's sake. In no other thread would I talk like this. I can't speak for others, but I do know for a fact that both JPM and STM enjoy this (as do I)...

joker
12-07-10, 02:22 AM
Max, I fart in your general direction! :-"

Maxwell
12-07-10, 02:35 AM
Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries! :cool:

STMahlberg
12-07-10, 05:13 AM
Yeah, this is all just smack talk intended for entertainment's sake. In no other thread would I talk like this. I can't speak for others, but I do know for a fact that both JPM and STM enjoy this (as do I)...

Indeed... I've had a blast with this thread. :)

Sarge104
12-07-10, 09:13 AM

Indeed... I've had a blast with this thread. :)

Everyone seems to be farting here....careful guys, avoid sparks and heat sources....;)

Slicker
12-15-10, 01:35 PM
Someone stole my name! My new project has a a 80+ silver PSU and a Thor's Hammer CPU cooler, I was going to name it the "Silver Hammer", but since that's already taken, this project will be named "The Bambi Killer". The goal? Spank the hammer into annihilation!

Why Bambi and not Monster Buck? That's because it is starting out with only one 6970 installed. With 2 PCI Express x16 slots and two more PCI Express x8 slots, it has a ways to go to become a monster.

Here are the specs:

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6970 2GB
CPU: Core i7 950 - only $199 at MicroCenter!
MB: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel
Cooler: XIGMATEK Thor's hammer HDT-S126384 - for plenty of OC room
RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 - no swap space needed
PSU: PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II PPCMK2S750 750W 80 PLUS Silver
HDD: Dual Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s - will be mirrored
DVD: Sony Optiarc CD/DVD - because the dead E2160 it is replacing has an IDE drive
Case: Antec 900 - plenty of vents so it can heat the office

Maxwell
12-15-10, 01:44 PM
Why Bambi and not Monster Buck? That's because it is starting out with only one 6970 installed. With 2 PCI Express x16 slots and two more PCI Express x8 slots, it has a ways to go to become a monster.
Awesome stuff...

One word of advice: double-check that mobo. There is some weird issue where if you try to put too much data through some Mobos, they cards will not function on BOINC, even though each card works fine by itself. With my dual 5970 Hammer, the cards WILL NOT WORK except in crossfire mode; Farscape has actually had the exact same problem (he was the one who clued me into this issue).

Beerdrinker
12-15-10, 01:47 PM
Someone stole my name! My new project has a a 80+ silver PSU and a Thor's Hammer CPU cooler, I was going to name it the "Silver Hammer", but since that's already taken, this project will be named "The Bambi Killer". The goal? Spank the hammer into annihilation!

Here are the specs:

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6970 2GB
CPU: Core i7 950 - only $199 at MicroCenter!
MB: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel
Cooler: XIGMATEK Thor's hammer HDT-S126384 - for plenty of OC room
RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 - no swap space needed
PSU: PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II PPCMK2S750 750W 80 PLUS Silver
HDD: Dual Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s - will be mirrored
DVD: Sony Optiarc CD/DVD - because the dead E2160 it is replacing has an IDE drive
Case: Antec 900 - plenty of vents so it can heat the office

Holy cow!!

This team is really starting to lift off!!...Everyone is doing some upgrades, tweaking of some kind or just getting back into crunching....

The future looks more brigth now! ;)

DrPop
12-15-10, 05:57 PM
I can just hear Slicker singing..."Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me!" :D
That is one sweeeeeeeet Hammer spanker / er...I meand rig. >-)

Hopefully I can amass a small fortune between now and next year to compete with some of that once Bulldozer comes out. :D
Congrats on a beautiful build!

Maxwell
12-16-10, 12:03 AM
A specific goal for Slicker and further evidence STM is a doodiehead:

My testing of PG this evening has netted me over 100k. In just a few hours. Yes, I could do more elsewhere. But Booyeah!!!

STMahlberg
12-22-10, 02:33 PM
A specific goal for Slicker and further evidence STM is a doodiehead:

My testing of PG this evening has netted me over 100k. In just a few hours. Yes, I could do more elsewhere. But Booyeah!!!

Who are you calling a Doodiehead??? Mr. Poopypants.

It has recently been brought to my attention by my realtor, that there is apparently a shortage of Volcano Islands that look like a skull… unfortunate for him that he was the bearer of bad news which displeased me therefore, I had him eliminated.

Although the acquisition of the appropriate property in which to construct my evil lair upon, codename Skull Island, has been postponed for 6 to 12 months, I can now officially start the construction of The Annihilatrix.

Prepare for your Doom. >:)

Dandasarge
12-22-10, 04:00 PM
This thread has lead to my next build (first one in 2 years atleast) to be named "Hammer Mill". No real reason but "Silver Hammer" was already taken :(. Ok i'm not really going to build it. I just wanted to clame the best name before someone else thought it up. Lot of hammer hate in this thread!

Fire$torm
12-22-10, 04:03 PM
Who are you calling a Doodiehead??? Mr. Poopypants.

It has recently been brought to my attention by my realtor, that there is apparently a shortage of Volcano Islands that look like a skull… unfortunate for him that he was the bearer of bad news which displeased me therefore, I had him eliminated.

Although the acquisition of the appropriate property in which to construct my evil lair upon, codename Skull Island, has been postponed for 6 to 12 months, I can now officially start the construction of The Annihilatrix.

Prepare for your Doom. >:)
LOL. Must always eliminate the unworthy! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

All must kneel before "Sin The Merciless" and pray he finds you worthy!!!!!!!

STMahlberg
12-22-10, 05:40 PM
All this talk of competitive rig building made me think of this for some strange reason. :)

We'll need to change the lyrics a bit... but I think we could make a rig for crunching video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7111339021054997948#

Maxwell
12-22-10, 06:51 PM
I have pictures of the Silver Hammer on my phone, and no one appreciates them except y'all. I think I need more nerd friends...

But I do like the Hammer Mill...

STMahlberg
12-23-10, 02:01 PM
This thread has lead to my next build (first one in 2 years atleast) to be named "Hammer Mill". No real reason but "Silver Hammer" was already taken :(. Ok i'm not really going to build it. I just wanted to clame the best name before someone else thought it up. Lot of hammer hate in this thread!

How come you're not going to build a new system? You got a great name... how about a system to match. :)

STMahlberg
12-23-10, 02:06 PM
It is now official, I just ordered the case and the motherboard from New Egg for The Annihilatrix. I hope to have them next week sometime.

Dandasarge
12-23-10, 04:54 PM
How come you're not going to build a new system? You got a great name... how about a system to match. :)

I'm not going to build one called "Hammer Mill"

It shall be named something else! maybe "DaSarge"

I was just reserving the copyright on the computer name. I've been really torn between a 3 slot or a 4 slot. I've been calculating out the best cpd (crunch per dollar). Working on a few different angles. I've just never built a GPU build. Also some new power supply ideas (outside the box) for redundancy. Something will sneak out of the light soon.

Maxwell
12-24-10, 02:56 AM
It is now official, I just ordered the case and the motherboard from New Egg for The Annihilatrix. I hope to have them next week sometime.
Ooh - I'm excited to see this... and then hammer it into oblivion...

STMahlberg
12-27-10, 01:24 AM
Ooh - I'm excited to see this... and then hammer it into oblivion...

So sure are we? Your over confidence will be your undoing!

Update:

Case - Check
Mobo - Check
PSU - Check
RAM - Check
CPU - Check
GPU - ...
HDD - ...
OS - ...

Maxwell
12-27-10, 01:29 AM
It's not over confidence when it's a foregone conclusion. It's call realism...:cool:

STMahlberg
12-27-10, 01:59 AM
It's not over confidence when it's a foregone conclusion. It's call realism...:cool:

I reject your reality and substitute my own. :))

Maxwell
12-27-10, 03:51 AM
I reject your reality and substitute my own. :))
There's your problem. ;)
Maxwell wants big boom!!! \m/

STMahlberg
12-27-10, 10:18 AM
There's your problem. ;)
Maxwell wants big boom!!! \m/

LOL :) :-bd

STMahlberg
12-28-10, 08:07 PM
Just got home home from taking my girls to lunch and lo and behold my Brand New CPU is on my doorstep.

CPU: Check
:)

Fire$torm
12-28-10, 09:37 PM

Update:

Case - Check
Mobo - Check
PSU - Ordered
RAM - Ordered
CPU - Check
GPU - ...
HDD - ...
OS - ...

HDD's from NewEgg considered here for your approval oh loRd mAsTer S.T.M. :P

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALS 1TB (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136534&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122810&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122810-_-EMC-122810-Latest-_-InternalHardDrives-_-22136534-L02B) - $59.99 w/Promo Code EMCZNNW32

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136769&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122810&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122810-_-EMC-122810-Latest-_-InternalHardDrives-_-22136769-L02D) - $54.99 w/Promo Code EMCZNNW34

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3320418AS 320GB (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148469&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122810&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122810-_-EMC-122810-Latest-_-InternalHardDrives-_-22148469-L02C) - $36.99 w/Promo Code EMCZNNW33

(Promo Codes listed here (http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/latest/index-landing.aspx?cm_sp=ShoppingGuide122710_email-_-ShoppingGuide122710-_-http%3a%2f%2fpromotions.newegg.com%2fhomepage%2fbl ackNov10%2fbnr_homeLinkList_email.png))

STMahlberg
12-29-10, 10:43 AM
HDD's from NewEgg considered here for your approval oh loRd mAsTer S.T.M. :P

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALS 1TB (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136534&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122810&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122810-_-EMC-122810-Latest-_-InternalHardDrives-_-22136534-L02B) - $59.99 w/Promo Code EMCZNNW32

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136769&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122810&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122810-_-EMC-122810-Latest-_-InternalHardDrives-_-22136769-L02D) - $54.99 w/Promo Code EMCZNNW34

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3320418AS 320GB (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148469&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122810&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122810-_-EMC-122810-Latest-_-InternalHardDrives-_-22148469-L02C) - $36.99 w/Promo Code EMCZNNW33

(Promo Codes listed here (http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/latest/index-landing.aspx?cm_sp=ShoppingGuide122710_email-_-ShoppingGuide122710-_-http%3a%2f%2fpromotions.newegg.com%2fhomepage%2fbl ackNov10%2fbnr_homeLinkList_email.png))

Thank you Fire$torm, you shall move up through the ranks quickly. ;)

Those are good deals but I was wanting to get one of the WD Black 6GB/sec HDD.

STMahlberg
01-04-11, 04:29 PM
RAM and PSU... Check :)

Case - Check
Mobo - Check
PSU - Check
RAM - Check
CPU - Check
GPU - ...
HDD - ...
OS - ...

Fan 200mm - ...
Fan 120mm - ...

The case already came with (1) 230mm, (2) 200mm, and (1) 140mm fans. I think by the time it's done, it might actually be able to fly. ;) Seriously though, I believe that it might be a good idea to do some calculations and make sure that cfm in is equal to cfm out.

Fire$torm
01-04-11, 10:59 PM

Then Lord Sin please peruse these listings:
WD Caviar Black 1TB Internal hard drives here. (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=WD1001FALS&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1914&bih=1028&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=12319891541329949718&ei=De0jTZ3FFp-xnAfG4PyIDg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CG8Q8wIwBA#scoring=tp)

WD Caviar Black 750 GB Internal hard drives here. (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=WD7501AALS&hl=en&biw=1914&bih=1028&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=17191990249084322644&ei=EO0jTbT6JNL9nAevpqjmDQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CE0Q8wIwAQ#scoring=tp)

DrPop
01-05-11, 12:36 PM
In case I missed it somewhere, which case did you end up choosing? Other selections look great so far. Loving all these upgrades! We waited a long time in getting our feet wet in the GPU crunching waters, but here comes the USA baby! :cool:

Slicker
01-05-11, 05:12 PM

The BambiKiller has matching WD Black 6GB/sec 1TB HDDs mirrored. That's 12GB/sec -- at least in theory.

STMahlberg
01-08-11, 12:14 AM
In case I missed it somewhere, which case did you end up choosing? Other selections look great so far. Loving all these upgrades! We waited a long time in getting our feet wet in the GPU crunching waters, but here comes the USA baby! :cool:

I purchased the Cool Master HAF X; it is very cool.

Edit:

I still have to wait 2 or 3 more weeks before I can finish; hopefully by then I will have come to a decision... I'm at a bit of a fork-in-the-road and need to decide which direction that I want to take this project. Basically, I know I can Annihilate the Hammer; it's a rather simple equation of financial proportions. Although ego boosting for myself, at the same time it would be rather fiduciarily irresponsible and an inefficient use of my resources.

STMahlberg
01-08-11, 12:17 AM
The BambiKiller has matching WD Black 6GB/sec 1TB HDDs mirrored. That's 12GB/sec -- at least in theory.

Mirrored? I was thinking about getting mine chromed... I just had a "hot-rod-days" flashback. ;)

STMahlberg
01-08-11, 02:46 PM
Hmm... This list seems to be getting longer not shorter.

Case - COOLER MASTER HAF X (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225&cm_re=corsair_ch70-_-11-119-225-_-Product) -Check
PSU - Ultra X4 1200-Watt (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4143847&Sku=ULT40323) - Check
RAM - CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145315) - Check
MOBO - MSI 890FXA-GD70 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130274&cm_re=msi_890fxa-gd70-_-13-130-274-_-Product) - Check
CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Thuban (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103913) - Check
CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H70 (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6610144&CatId=499) - Ordered

GPU (2) - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5870 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102872) - ...
HDD - Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136533) - ...
DVD Drive - Lite-On Blu-Ray Burner (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106348) - ...
Fan 200mm (2) - COOLER MASTER Megaflow 200 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103073) - ...
Fan 120mm (1) - COOLER MASTER R4 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103061) - ...
OS - Windows 7 Home - ...

STMahlberg
01-11-11, 02:29 PM
Update: Once my GPU's arrive (and my $30 gift card) I will order the rest of The Annihilatrix!

Case - COOLER MASTER HAF X (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225&cm_re=corsair_ch70-_-11-119-225-_-Product) -Check
PSU - Ultra X4 1200-Watt (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4143847&Sku=ULT40323) - Check
RAM - CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145315) - Check
MOBO - MSI 890FXA-GD70 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130274&cm_re=msi_890fxa-gd70-_-13-130-274-_-Product) - Check
CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Thuban (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103913) - Check
CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H70 (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6610144&CatId=499) - Check
GPU (2) - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5870 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102872) - Ordered

HDD - Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136533) - ...
DVD Drive - Lite-On Blu-Ray Burner (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106348) - ...
Fan 200mm (2) - COOLER MASTER Megaflow 200 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103073) - ...
Fan 120mm (1) - COOLER MASTER R4 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103061) - ...
OS - Windows 7 Home - ...

Bryan
01-11-11, 03:21 PM
Mirrored? I was thinking about getting mine chromed... I just had a "hot-rod-days" flashback. ;)

Just don't do flames ... flames and computers don't go together very well ;)

STMahlberg
01-13-11, 07:18 AM
Just don't do flames ... flames and computers don't go together very well ;)

Agreed... Fire BAD!

STMahlberg
01-13-11, 07:27 AM
Update: I ordered the rest of the parts and nixed the fans for now. I was going to wait for my $30 gift card to apply to the order; however, I decided that I will use it for another case.

CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H70 (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6610144&CatId=499) - Check
GPU (2) - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5870 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102872) - Ordered
HDD - Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136533) - Ordered
DVD Drive - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106334) - Ordered
OS - Windows 7 Home - Ordered

STMahlberg
01-13-11, 03:52 PM
I was in Fry's this morning picking up some stuff and lo and behold they had the Cooler Master Megablow 200mm fans with blue LED's... how could I resist and only $19 for each.

Unfortunately they didn't come with a MP3 player or more importantly the Anti-Silver-Hammer heating seeking missiles but such is life. b-)

Fire$torm
01-13-11, 04:44 PM
I was in Fry's this morning picking up some stuff and lo and behold they had the Cooler Master Megablow 200mm fans with blue LED's... how could I resist and only $19 for each.

Unfortunately they didn't come with a MP3 player or more importantly the Anti-Silver-Hammer heating seeking missiles but such is life. b-)

Anti-Silver-Hammer heating seeking missile
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/aim9.jpg

DrPop
01-13-11, 07:32 PM
STM...er...the "Cooler Master Megablow"??? I thought you chose the GPU over the Hooker the other day! :D =))

Maxwell
01-13-11, 08:12 PM
STM...er...the "Cooler Master Megablow"??? I thought you chose the GPU over the Hooker the other day! :D =))
Yes. Hookers and blow. :cool:

STMahlberg
01-14-11, 01:19 PM
Yes. Hookers and blow. :cool:

Yes... I did, choose the GPU's but I had money left over so I got $10 worth of blow and a hooker... eh.. or was that a $10 hooker and a blow...

I can't seem to remember. ;)

STMahlberg
01-14-11, 01:26 PM
In hopes of getting this thread out of the gutter...

I received my 5870's yesterday! Now I'm just waiting for the HDD, Burner and OS... Then the creation of The Annihilatrix begins!!!

BBBBWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHAhahahahahahahha!!! >:)

STMahlberg
01-14-11, 02:03 PM
@Maxwell - The dual 5970's that you have are installed on what motherboard, make and model if I may ask?

Maxwell
01-14-11, 02:08 PM
I got this one (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128416).

STMahlberg
01-14-11, 02:20 PM
I got this one (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128416).

Ah Huh... I was right, they won't run out of cross-fire mode because one slot is x16 and the other is x8.

Which means they will on mine because I have (2) slots running at x16. :P

STMahlberg
01-14-11, 11:34 PM
Newegg and UPS are amazing. :) I placed my order with Newegg for the HDD, Burner and OS.

Ordered - 01/13/2011 04:25
Delivered - 01/14/2011 18:32

From placing my order to arriving on my doorstep, 38 hours and 7 minutes.

Now I would love to say that I will be assembling The Annihilatrix during this 3 day weekend; unfortunately, my director threw a wrench into this plan. I will have my head buried in numbers for the next 3 days putting together a preliminary report on cost avoidance for frictionless chillers at 30 sites. I have to have this on his desk Tuesday morning by 6 a.m. :((

Fire$torm
01-14-11, 11:52 PM
Newegg and UPS are amazing. :) I placed my order with Newegg for the HDD, Burner and OS.

Ordered - 01/13/2011 04:25
Delivered - 01/14/2011 18:32

From placing my order to arriving on my doorstep, 38 hours and 7 minutes.

Now I would love to say that I will be assembling The Annihilatrix during this 3 day weekend; unfortunately, my director threw a wrench into this plan. I will have my head buried in numbers for the next 3 days putting together a preliminary report on cost avoidance for frictionless chillers at 30 sites. I have to have this on his desk Tuesday morning by 6 a.m. :((
Me thinks the Team needs to have some private one on one time with your boss. He needs to learn proper priority management......

DrPop
01-15-11, 01:46 AM
Dude...and the ONE time the mail came through for you, too! :D Ah, well, just think how much FASTER you'll work, looking at all those shiny new computer part boxes. :p

On the plus side, we're rooting for you - that is going to be a screamer!**==

STMahlberg
01-16-11, 08:05 AM
Me thinks the Team needs to have some private one on one time with your boss. He needs to learn proper priority management......

Dude...and the ONE time the mail came through for you, too! :D Ah, well, just think how much FASTER you'll work, looking at all those shiny new computer part boxes. :p

On the plus side, we're rooting for you - that is going to be a screamer!**==

Taking a break...

The good news is my TurboCor Project is coming along nicely; it's going a bit quicker now since I finished coming up with the calculations correlating to cooling-degree-days... blah blah blah.... stuff I'm sure you don't care about. :)

I'm chopping at the bit though, I'm dieing to try out one of those 5870 cards. I pulled the 4850's out of my GX280's and put my 9800GTX in the GX280 that still works but that 9800 is painfully so. It won't run MW, DNETC takes over 1 hour per WU... so I put it on primegrid.

I've been thinking about putting a 5870 in it to just see what it does. $-)

Fire$torm
01-16-11, 03:05 PM
Taking a break...

The good news is my TurboCor Project is coming along nicely; it's going a bit quicker now since I finished coming up with the calculations correlating to cooling-degree-days... blah blah blah.... stuff I'm sure you don't care about. :)

I'm chopping at the bit though, I'm dieing to try out one of those 5870 cards. I pulled the 4850's out of my GX280's and put my 9800GTX in the GX280 that still works but that 9800 is painfully so. It won't run MW, DNETC takes over 1 hour per WU... so I put it on primegrid.

Anticipation.... (http://tunecaster.com/video/listen/carly-simon-anticipation-1972.html)

Maxwell
01-16-11, 03:55 PM
Anticipation.... (http://tunecaster.com/video/listen/carly-simon-anticipation-1972.html)
No, Anticipation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v16KFXa2njo).

STMahlberg
01-16-11, 04:06 PM

Talk about a blast from the past. hehehe :)

STMahlberg
01-16-11, 04:07 PM
No, Anticipation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v16KFXa2njo).

Also a blast from the past... I was first exposed to this in 1980 at University Nevada Las Vegas.

I forgot my umbrella. :(

STMahlberg
01-16-11, 04:19 PM
Taking a break...

Update...

Nothing quite like getting almost half way done with a project just to realize you screwed it up... ~X( Now I have to go back and fix it, Damn!

Then also realizing that I don't have any black-powder for my Colt Navy Revolver to kill myself with... Double Damn!!

But on the positive side, I did put one 5870 in an old machine and it is purring away like a kitten. Got it on MW and am excited to see what that will turn out by days end. :) 1 min 8 sec per WU.

Fire$torm
01-16-11, 10:18 PM
Also a blast from the past... I was first exposed to this in 1980 at University Nevada Las Vegas.

On my first time I made the mistake while in line for tickets of admitting that I had never seen the movie. Suddenly I had thirty odd people (pun intended) yelling "Virgin" repeatedly....... I have seen that movie like twenty times since.....

Update...

Nothing quite like getting almost half way done with a project just to realize you screwed it up... ~X( Now I have to go back and fix it, Damn!

Then also realizing that I don't have any black-powder for my Colt Navy Revolver to kill myself with... Double Damn!!

But on the positive side, I did put one 5870 in an old machine and it is purring away like a kitten. Got it on MW and am excited to see what that will turn out by days end. :) 1 min 8 sec per WU.
hmmm, I didn't realize they had flint lock revolvers while you where serving during the American Revolution? Man, you are old.....

Maxwell
01-16-11, 11:17 PM

If this helps explain anything, my parents first exposed me at home when I was about 8. I've seen it easily 40 times since that fateful day... b-(

STMahlberg
01-17-11, 09:22 AM
hmmm, I didn't realize they had flint lock revolvers while you where serving during the American Revolution? Man, you are old.....

It's cap fired, 1800's. I'm not that old... Geez

This was given to me as a gift for sponsoring a friend's wife to the U.S. from Japan.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6582/photobr.jpg

Fire$torm
01-17-11, 11:02 AM
It's cap fired, 1800's. I'm not that old... Geez

This was given to me as a gift for sponsoring a friend's wife to the U.S. from Japan.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6582/photobr.jpg

OH Yeah!!! That is one sweet puppy. Very Cool :cool: indeed.

STMahlberg
01-17-11, 11:47 AM
OH Yeah!!! That is one sweet puppy. Very Cool :cool: indeed.

Not that I am unappreciative of this gift but I was hoping for Japanese twins. :D

Fire$torm
01-17-11, 02:26 PM
Not that I am unappreciative of this gift but I was hoping for Japanese twins. :D

I would prefer a set of identical triplets. About 5'-7", 115lbs, 38C-24-32.

STMahlberg
01-17-11, 05:11 PM
I would prefer a set of identical triplets. About 5'-7", 115lbs, 38C-24-32.

Wow, you're not hard to please are you... lol :)

Changing topics however, seems like that 5870 is cranking out some good credits. I don't have that GX280 running any CPU projects either, it seems to slow it down when I do.

But on another note, perhaps these GX280's aren't as worthless as I said and they can be redeemed. I found a place in town that looks like I can literally buy a pallet of them. Now I'm thinking I might pursue a train of thought with these things and look into building just GPU crunchers.

Keith
01-17-11, 10:31 PM
Nice to see the updates.....I noticed that SMT and Dr. Pop are moving up on me in totals. Looks like I will have to finish the "Submerged Troll" and turn it on full time. I don't think it will turn out the numbers that the other new build's listed will, but it should make it harder for you guys to pass me.

Keith

Fire$torm
01-18-11, 12:31 AM
Wow, you're not hard to please are you... lol :)

Changing topics however, seems like that 5870 is cranking out some good credits. I don't have that GX280 running any CPU projects either, it seems to slow it down when I do.

But on another note, perhaps these GX280's aren't as worthless as I said and they can be redeemed. I found a place in town that looks like I can literally buy a pallet of them. Now I'm thinking I might pursue a train of thought with these things and look into building just GPU crunchers.

Have you done a cost analysis on that train of thought. My uncle has a GX280 and IIRC they only have one PCIe slot and a power hungry P4.
Try this on for size:

Motherboard: MSI 870-G45 AM3 AMD 770 ATX (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130290) $69.99
CPU: AMD Sempron 140 Sargas 2.7GHz AM3 Socket (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103698) $36.99
Memory: Mushkin Enhanced Essentials 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3-1333 (9-9-9-24) (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146748) $39.99
PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371026) $79.99
Case: GIGABYTE gz-ph2a3 Black SGCC ATX Mid Tower (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811233062) $24.99

Total price before shipping: $252
Note #1: All items except MB include free shipping.
Note #2: For $23 more you up the CPU to an AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz Dual Core. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103687)

And I'm fairly use that Regor can easily out crunch two P4 CPUs while feeding two GPUs.

STMahlberg
01-18-11, 10:14 AM
Nice to see the updates.....I noticed that SMT and Dr. Pop are moving up on me in totals. Looks like I will have to finish the "Submerged Troll" and turn it on full time. I don't think it will turn out the numbers that the other new build's listed will, but it should make it harder for you guys to pass me.

Keith

I love a challenge... I'm coming for ya! ;)

STMahlberg
01-18-11, 10:35 AM
Have you done a cost analysis on that train of thought. My uncle has a GX280 and IIRC they only have one PCIe slot and a power hungry P4.
Try this on for size:

Motherboard: MSI 870-G45 AM3 AMD 770 ATX (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130290) $69.99
CPU: AMD Sempron 140 Sargas 2.7GHz AM3 Socket (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103698) $36.99
Memory: Mushkin Enhanced Essentials 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3-1333 (9-9-9-24) (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146748) $39.99
PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371026) $79.99
Case: GIGABYTE gz-ph2a3 Black SGCC ATX Mid Tower (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811233062) $24.99

Total price before shipping: $252
Note #1: All items except MB include free shipping.
Note #2: For $23 more you up the CPU to an AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz Dual Core. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103687)

And I'm fairly use that Regor can easily out crunch two P4 CPUs while feeding two GPUs.

Not yet. I can buy the GX280's for $100 retail. They come with a 305w PSU that would have to be replaced so going your route would be a better idea especially since the GX280 has 1 CPU that doesn't have a lot of processing power. What did come to mind was that this is $100 retail... and I know of one source they are getting them.

What I need to find out is that I think I have an 'in' and may be able to pick these up before they are released for sale to the public. In other words I might be able to pick these up for just a few dollars each.

Fire$torm
01-18-11, 02:01 PM
Not yet. I can buy the GX280's for $100 retail. They come with a 305w PSU that would have to be replaced so going your route would be a better idea especially since the GX280 has 1 CPU that doesn't have a lot of processing power. What did come to mind was that this is $100 retail... and I know of one source they are getting them.

What I need to find out is that I think I have an 'in' and may be able to pick these up before they are released for sale to the public. In other words I might be able to pick these up for just a few dollars each.

So your not planning on using the GX280s but your going to sell them? That is what I would do. Put them on eBay as a "Buy Now" auction for like $80~$85 a pop "AS-IS" plus shipping. You could sell a hundred in a week or two.

STMahlberg
01-22-11, 10:05 AM
So your not planning on using the GX280s but your going to sell them? That is what I would do. Put them on eBay as a "Buy Now" auction for like $80~$85 a pop "AS-IS" plus shipping. You could sell a hundred in a week or two.

No... Actually what I have found out so far is when (not just the GX280's but everything else) that we buy from Dell once they are BER'ed (Beyond Economical Repair and removed from inventory) we sell these back to Dell for $2 to $3 a piece.

I was going to try, using some of my connections, good looks and charm, to intercept some of these machines and see if I might be able to give them a refit and turn them into GPU crunchers only.

STMahlberg
01-22-11, 10:25 AM
This weekend I hope to have The Annihilatrix up and running.

While not being able to get to sleep yesterday, I pulled my other Dell GX-280 out and threw in a spare 600w PSU along with my Nvidia card that was gathering dust and got that up and running for a while.

I installed Linux on it (Fedora 14) and started having '90's flash-backs of a time that I belonged to a small group of "believers" that use to run OS/2 WARP 3.0 thinking that it was the true messiah and that Microsoft was going to burst into flames.

After I managed to stop shaking and drooling, I reinstalled Windows XP... Sorry guys, I'm one with Landru.

Fire$torm
01-22-11, 06:46 PM
This weekend I hope to have The Annihilatrix up and running.

While not being able to get to sleep yesterday, I pulled my other Dell GX-280 out and threw in a spare 600w PSU along with my Nvidia card that was gathering dust and got that up and running for a while.

I installed Linux on it (Fedora 14) and started having '90's flash-backs of a time that I belonged to a small group of "believers" that use to run OS/2 WARP 3.0 thinking that it was the true messiah and that Microsoft was going to burst into flames.

After I managed to stop shaking and drooling, I reinstalled Windows XP... Sorry guys, I'm one with Landru.

So you have been absorbed by Landru? (http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Landru) Not to worry, Spock and Kirk will save you!

STMahlberg
01-22-11, 06:53 PM
Here is an update on my progress. First, ignore the pink walls; I just rent the place.

I am going to have to take back some of the good stuff I said about the HAF X case; I ran into some rather disappointing issues. One that was just an annoyance was trying to take the 200mm fan out that came with it... Note to Cooler Master: try putting the fans in with something other than a frikkin impact wrench will ya!

A bigger issue was installing the casters on the case. I wasn't going to use them but because of the way the PSU mounts I wanted to make sure there was enough space under the case to get air into the intake.

The screws that are suppose to mount the casters are the wrong size or rather it appears that the holes were drilled and tapped prior to applying the finish on the case. Using pressure to try to get through the hole only produces metal fragments. I'll be re-tapping these later.

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/6969/p1220933.jpg http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1112/p1220937i.jpg

The next disappointment in the case was after installing the (2) new 200mm fans on the top of the case and snapping the cover back into place... you can't.

You are unable to mount dual 200mm fans on top AND use the USB 3.0 ports on the front of the case. The 3.0 ports are not hard wired but rather use a double-ended male USB 3.0 cable shown in the photo. The cable plugs into a port under the cover, when in place there isn't enough room between the fan housing and the cable connector which prevents the cover from snapping back into place.

I might be able to find a different cable with smaller plugs but come to think of it, I'm not even sure where the other end of these are suppose to plug into. :-??

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6982/p1220939.jpg http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1417/p1220941m.jpg

Maxwell
01-22-11, 09:38 PM
My holes for the wheels were just fine. Maybe you just got unlucky. And since I didn't have any reason to remove fans, they work just great for me. Try not to out-think the case... it appears you can't.;)

John P. Myers
01-22-11, 10:58 PM
So time to make an addition to the Maxwell Spanker!
Looking at a GPU.
Does this primegrid GPU app work with Fermi or no?

I might be able to find a different cable with smaller plugs but come to think of it, I'm not even sure where the other end of these are suppose to plug into
The 3rd hole in the top rear of the case where'd you'd run hoses is where the USB 3.0 wires go. You're expected to connect them to the USB 3.0 plugs on the rear panel of your mobo. You don't need them and it looks silly as hell. I removed mine as well. No reason to plug something into the front of your comp and have wires hanging everywhere anyway.

Maxwell
01-22-11, 11:33 PM
So time to make an addition to the Maxwell Spanker!
Looking at a GPU.
Does this primegrid GPU app work with Fermi or no?
Yay for new additions! After a quick perusal of the PG boards, it seems that quite a few people have Fermi cards working there. So I'd say yes...

STMahlberg
01-23-11, 01:57 AM
The 3rd hole in the top rear of the case where'd you'd run hoses is where the USB 3.0 wires go. You're expected to connect them to the USB 3.0 plugs on the rear panel of your mobo. You don't need them and it looks silly as hell. I removed mine as well. No reason to plug something into the front of your comp and have wires hanging everywhere anyway.

Okay, that's lame.

STMahlberg
01-23-11, 02:03 AM
My holes for the wheels were just fine. Maybe you just got unlucky. And since I didn't have any reason to remove fans, they work just great for me. Try not to out-think the case... it appears you can't.;)

I guess so... I'll be buying a tap & die set today; Harbor Freight has a 40 piece set for $12.

I had to put another fan in because one is not as good as two and of course, they had to match as well... and anything worth doing is worth over doing. :)

John P. Myers
01-23-11, 02:14 AM
What i did with my HAF X was, i installed the 2 top fans, both for exhaust. underneath them, i mounted the radiator which cools the CPU. the 2 fans pull air through the rad, so i didn't have to use the crummy 120mm fans that were meant for it. The rad i have is a 2x120mm. You CAN put a 3x120mm rad in there, but just have to leave the top drive bay empty, which is no big deal. One of my future upgrades will have me doing just that.

STMahlberg
01-23-11, 04:32 AM
What i did with my HAF X was, i installed the 2 top fans, both for exhaust. underneath them, i mounted the radiator which cools the CPU. the 2 fans pull air through the rad, so i didn't have to use the crummy 120mm fans that were meant for it. The rad i have is a 2x120mm. You CAN put a 3x120mm rad in there, but just have to leave the top drive bay empty, which is no big deal. One of my future upgrades will have me doing just that.

That's nice. :) I was looking at radiators and GPU coolers for awhile, maybe down the road. I have the Corsair H70 CPU cooler for mine.

Even with the little quirks that I ran into this is one of the best cases I have ever had; in fact, I am suppose to be getting a $30 gift card from Newegg from one of my purchases and I plan on applying that towards another HAF X case for my next build.

STMahlberg
01-23-11, 06:07 AM
New Update... Sunday 0300 hours and blurry eyed.

The hole in the back panel doesn't quite line up with this motherboard so I had to loosen all of the screws in order to get the old cooler mounting bracket out and the new one installed. The rest of the installation of the Corsair H70 was very straight forward.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1447/p1220944d.jpg

At this point, I am extremely pleased with my new build; now I just have to move it into the command center and install Windows 7.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9781/p1230952.jpg

Currently, I have only 1 of the 5870's installed; my other one is still running in another rig which I will remove and change over to this machine once I make sure everything is operating properly.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8994/p1230954.jpg

STMahlberg
01-23-11, 10:06 AM
IT'S ALIVE!!! >:)

I've got it running Androinc and DNETC right now, I tried MW but it seems to be down again. That's 6 more cores and another GPU for the team. :)

Maxwell
01-23-11, 11:05 AM
Wee!

Too bad I'm going to have to continue hammering you, but congrats nonetheless, STM!

DrPop
01-25-11, 02:45 PM
My bet is...on the girls with guns over the hammer! (referencing your avatars!) ;)

STMahlberg
01-25-11, 05:05 PM
Wee!

Too bad I'm going to have to continue hammering you, but congrats nonetheless, STM!

We shall see... It's alive but it is not complete.

STMahlberg
01-26-11, 02:32 AM
We shall see... It's alive but it is not complete.

The Annihilatrix is officially complete.

Received the last part from UPS this afternoon and just installed it this evening before I run off to work.

I have The Annihilatrix running DNETC and Androinc, so I figure by Thursday it will have run long enough for those projects to get an accurate return of what she can do; as long as the projects themselves stay up and running.

So how about a wager Maxwell? I will bet you $1 that my rig will out crunch The Silver Hammer on DNETC and Androinc.

Maxwell
01-26-11, 08:32 AM
So how about a wager Maxwell? I will bet you $1 that my rig will out crunch The Silver Hammer on DNETC and Androinc.
The only problem with that plan is that I'm not on DNETC right now on the Silver Hammer and won't be for quite a while. Gotta get my 100M on Collatz first...

STMahlberg
01-26-11, 09:22 AM
The only problem with that plan is that I'm not on DNETC right now on the Silver Hammer and won't be for quite a while. Gotta get my 100M on Collatz first...

Well, give me a couple days since I want to see what my numbers jump too and then I will be more than happy to switch to Collatz.

So is Androinc okay with you for the CPU project for this wager?

Maxwell
01-26-11, 09:36 AM
Well, give me a couple days since I want to see what my numbers jump too and then I will be more than happy to switch to Collatz.

So is Androinc okay with you for the CPU project for this wager?
This is remarkably difficult, because I will win the Collatz wager. You'd have to be on Collatz for about a week to start seeing max numbers, due to the fact that your stuff is going into pending. You and this bet. Can't we just wager a dollar over whether or not we can turn a Homeless Eddie Murphy into a successful executive?

STMahlberg
01-26-11, 09:44 AM
This is remarkably difficult, because I will win the Collatz wager. You'd have to be on Collatz for about a week to start seeing max numbers, due to the fact that your stuff is going into pending. You and this bet. Can't we just wager a dollar over whether or not we can turn a Homeless Eddie Murphy into a successful executive?

Well then, I guess I'll just wait till you decide to run DNETC again. I don't really want to run Collatz for a week... I'm anxious to get on Milkyway.

As far as the $1 bet is concerned, yes I know it can be from a movie reference, "Trading Places"; however, my best friend and I wager bets of $1 quite often, that or a soda. The bets are not about the money but more a matter of principle.

Maxwell
01-26-11, 09:59 AM
As far as the $1 bet is concerned, yes I know it can be from a movie reference, "Trading Places"; however, my best friend and I wager bets of $1 quite often, that or a soda. The bets are not about the money but more a matter of principle.
Of course - I just REALLY felt like making the movie reference... I'll let you know when I'm in a spot to make our wager...

DrPop
01-26-11, 11:02 AM
Hahaha...you two... :) I know, that's what makes crunching fun!

Tell you what, you're going to have to both crunch separate projects, and then AGREE to start the same project at the same time, on day X in order to not have build-up affect your credit score.
I've even seen nearly a whole day delay in MW reporting before, so nothing is immune to that. If one of you switches and/or is already crunching the project before the other, it's not accurate.

Just my .02

STMahlberg
01-26-11, 12:32 PM
Hahaha...you two... :) I know, that's what makes crunching fun!

Tell you what, you're going to have to both crunch seperate projects, and then AGREE to start the same project at the same time, on day X in order to not have build-up affect your credit score.
I've even seen nearly a whole day delay in MW reporting before, so nothing is immune to that. If one of you switches and/or is already crunching the project before the other, its' not accurate.

Just my .02

With all of that in mind, it sounds like this might be a bit impractical to do.

I figured that you could just start two projects say now on Wednesday the 26th and allow them to run into Friday the 28th then go bad and look at the validated tasks for Thursday, add all of those up and get a ballpark figure.

DrPop
01-26-11, 01:28 PM
Oh, sure, that makes sense too, if you just want a ball-park of what each rig can do. The best way to do that would be to crunch project X for a week, and then each of you take an average from Free-DC...=:) Good luck to both of you! Definitely waaaaaaay outta my league! :cool:

STMahlberg
01-26-11, 02:11 PM
This MSI motherboard was great for spacing 3 GPU's on, lots of breathing room.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/3226/p1260962.jpg

The final damages...

Case - COOLER MASTER HAF X $199.99
PSU - Ultra X4 1200-Watt $269.99
RAM - CORSAIR XMS3 8GB $99.99
MOBO - MSI 890FXA-GD70 $199.99
CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Thuban $269.99
CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H70 $99.99
GPU (3) - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5870 $849.97
HDD - Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB $89.99
DVD Drive - Lite-On $21.99
Fan 200mm (2) - COOLER MASTER Megaflow 200 $39.98
OS - Windows 7 Home $189.99

Sales Tax $3.24
Shipping & Handling $5.80
Subtotal: $2,322.82

Promotions: $30.00
Rebates: $30.00
Discounts: $15.00
Total Discounts: $75.00

Total: $2,247.82

Maxwell
01-26-11, 03:11 PM

That's pretty...

This would actually be pretty close. Technically, I have more GPUs in the Silver Hammer (2x5970 vs. 3x5870), but I can't clock mine as high as you can. I bet we could both do about 1M/day out of these boxes if we pushed it.

Another thought: there really is no reason why we have to both do this on the same day. If you want, crunch Collatz on the GPUs for exactly 1 day, then abort all other tasks. Wait for all your WUs to validate, and compare your daily total to my box average. Should give us a pretty good guage...

STMahlberg
01-26-11, 03:22 PM
That's pretty...

This would actually be pretty close. Technically, I have more GPUs in the Silver Hammer (2x5970 vs. 3x5870), but I can't clock mine as high as you can. I bet we could both do about 1M/day out of these boxes if we pushed it.

Another thought: there really is no reason why we have to both do this on the same day. If you want, crunch Collatz on the GPUs for exactly 1 day, then abort all other tasks. Wait for all your WUs to validate, and compare your daily total to my box average. Should give us a pretty good guage...

Good idea, I will do that.

I'm very please with this rig... I love seeing my credit per day sky rocket; I feel that I can finally run with the Big Dogs now. :)

Maxwell
01-26-11, 03:32 PM
Good idea, I will do that.

I'm very please with this rig... I love seeing my credit per day sky rocket; I feel that I can finally run with the Big Dogs now. :)
Hehe... it is pretty awesome. On a happy note, I finally got the 5870 back from RMA, so I can put it back in the work box...

Fire$torm
01-26-11, 09:49 PM

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/3226/p1260962.jpg

Man that is a sweet setup! Totally Cool rig :cool:

Now I have a serious case of Hardware Envy...........

STMahlberg
01-27-11, 12:37 AM
Man that is a sweet setup! Totally Cool rig :cool:

Now I have a serious case of Hardware Envy...........

It's not the size of your case that matters... it's how... eh... well... it is the size of your case that matters. ;)

Maxwell
01-31-11, 10:52 PM
So speaking of that bet, STM...

I totally forgot these pages existed. Here is the Silver Hammer running DNETC: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=host&proj=dne&hostid=9445

And yeah, you read that right - over 1M credits yesterday from a single box. Bow down to me now...=D>

Speaking of which, what's the status of the Spanker, JPM?

John P. Myers
02-01-11, 02:32 AM

I totally forgot these pages existed. Here is the Silver Hammer running DNETC: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=host&proj=dne&hostid=9445

And yeah, you read that right - over 1M credits yesterday from a single box. Bow down to me now...=D>

Errrr....Ummmm...well i added that GTX460 a couple days ago...an improvement, but not quite what i was aiming for :p Later this week, or maybe even next week, i'm going to upgrade the radiator. As you already knew, i have the HAF X case that i complained about when we met, but i still have that tiny mobo lol

Since we're talking about this, what do you make of this:

NVIDIA GPU 0: GeForce GTX 460 (driver version 26658, CUDA version 3020, compute capability 2.1, 994MB, 605 GFLOPS peak)
NVIDIA GPU 1 (not used): GeForce 9500 GT (driver version 26658, CUDA version 3020, compute capability 1.1, 998MB, 90 GFLOPS peak)
ATI GPU 0: ATI Radeon HD5800 series (Cypress) (CAL version 1.4.900, 1024MB, 2720 GFLOPS peak)

9500 GT "not used"? wtf is that about?

so seems i'm the farthest behind on this competition. i need to get to work

STMahlberg
02-01-11, 08:59 AM

You said you were not going to be running DNETC for some time... :-w fine, I'll switch back and then we shall see if you truely earned that dollar.

Maxwell
02-01-11, 12:15 PM
@JPM: BOINC kills the weakest GPU in the system, IIRC. The easy fix, since BOINC sees both cards, it to add in "use_all_gpus" to the cc_config file. *should* take care of the issue.

@STM: I wasn't planning on running DNETC, but since they are currently open, and have threatened to close, I figured I better push to 100M now. So Collatz is on hiatus.

John P. Myers
02-02-11, 11:24 PM
@JPM: BOINC kills the weakest GPU in the system, IIRC. The easy fix, since BOINC sees both cards, it to add in "use_all_gpus" to the cc_config file. *should* take care of the issue.

@STM: I wasn't planning on running DNETC, but since they are currently open, and have threatened to close, I figured I better push to 100M now. So Collatz is on hiatus.

Ah, well that's good to know. Scratched a bald spot into the side of my head :p
Now i just need to grab a spiffy new PCI riser cable and add another 9500GT. And upgrade my radiator. And upgrade/add a PSU. And swap out the GTX 460 for the EVGA GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper. And swap out the HD5870 for an HD 6990. THEN! THEN! you'll fear me...maybe...

lol

Maxwell
02-03-11, 12:06 AM
I suppose this is a bad time to mention I brought 4 more i7 860s online today... ;)

John P. Myers
02-03-11, 01:25 AM
I suppose this is a bad time to mention I brought 4 more i7 860s online today... ;)

Haha i'm trying to figure out when it became acceptable for you to use a cluster against my single box :p

zombie67
02-03-11, 01:42 AM
Haha i'm trying to figure out when it became acceptable for you to use a cluster against my single box :p

Sorry. It's no longer possible to use "cluster" without the reader to infer "fsck" (scrambled for your disappointment) as the next word. You are "forcing" us to curse in our own brains! Evil!

Fire$torm
02-03-11, 03:24 AM
Sorry. It's no longer possible to use "cluster" without the reader to infer "fsck" (scrambled for your disappointment) as the next word. You are "forcing" us to curse in our own brains! Evil!

LOL... :))

Maxwell
02-03-11, 07:53 AM
Try and spank whatever you must. All I'm saying is that the Hammer Armada can come to the rescue... ;)

Maxwell
02-03-11, 07:59 AM
By any chance, did you just watch some Louis CK?

STMahlberg
02-05-11, 07:01 AM

And yeah, you read that right - over 1M credits yesterday from a single box. Bow down to me now...=D> ...

Blast! ^:)^

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=host&proj=dne&hostid=15694

Silver Hammer - Feb 1 - 1,055,766
The Annihilatrix - Feb 4 - 816,270

[SHAKING FIST]Next time Maxwell, next time!!![/SHAKING FIST]

PM me your address so I can send you your Dollar.

Maxwell
02-05-11, 11:01 AM
PM me your address so I can send you your Dollar.
Hehe... Stop. Hammer time.

Put that dollar in the bank - Something tells me we may have more of these bets now that you opened the floodgates...

John P. Myers
02-24-11, 12:54 AM
M'kay...last night i made a purchase to upgrade the cooling system of the Maxwell Spanker. Waiting on the parts to arrive :D I also grabbed one of those 450W drive bay PSUs i posted about. It has shown up but i can't install it until my new cooling parts arrive because of the way i have the innards of the case laid out.

Upgrading my radiator from a 2x120 to a 3x120. I'll still have the 2x120 which i can mount externally should the need arise in the future. Swiftech FTW!

Designing the system to operate without a resivoir. Purchased a fill cap. With some slight modding of the HAF X case, i can fill my coolant lines from the top of the computer case. Spiffy.

Purchased all new tubing. The interior of the tubes are coated with silver to prevent the growth of algae. Sure it was $4/foot, but cheaper than buying biocides in the long run.

I would like to thank FrozenCPU.com for supplying me yet again and helping to fulfill my dreams of crushing Maxwell :D

Harley
02-24-11, 02:49 AM
M'kay...last night i made a purchase to upgrade the cooling system of the Maxwell Spanker. Waiting on the parts to arrive :D I also grabbed one of those 450W drive bay PSUs i posted about. It has shown up but i can't install it until my new cooling parts arrive because of the way i have the innards of the case laid out.

JPM, after F$ told me about the 450W PSU in your post I ordered one. It was delivered today. Looks good but didn't come with any paperwork. Since it has 2 rails I wanted to make sure I would hook it up right. Found this review while looking on the web. http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/01/24/epower_juice_box_450w_auxiliary_power_supply_revie w/
I'm glad I only paid $20 for it. It should be OK for a card with a low power consumption. I don't think I'll be putting one of my better cards on it and no OC'ing. That's for sure.

Fire$torm
02-24-11, 03:53 AM
JPM, after F$ told me about the 450W PSU in your post I ordered one. It was delivered today. Looks good but didn't come with any paperwork. Since it has 2 rails I wanted to make sure I would hook it up right. Found this review while looking on the web. http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/01/24/epower_juice_box_450w_auxiliary_power_supply_revie w/
I'm glad I only paid $20 for it. It should be OK for a card with a low power consumption. I don't think I'll be putting one of my better cards on it and no OC'ing. That's for sure.

Harley,
I sorta have a bone to pick with that review. Let me say this first. I have a lot of respect for the people at [H]ardOCP. They do a great job of detailing their reviews and are very methodical.

Now to the bone. The issue I have with that review is that it is unrealistic in regards to real world application. It is primarily an auxiliary or supplemental GPU power supply. In this respect it is designed to power 2 mid-range GPUs like an ATI HD 4850 or a Single high end GPU like an ATI hd 5970.

So, 2 4850s will each draw 75W max as per the ATX specification for a 6-pin PCIe connector for a total of 150W. The ATX spec for an 8-pin PCIe connector is 150W max. The 5970 uses x1 6-pin + x1 8-pin connector. Thus the total amount of power that the card will draw from both PCIe connectors is......... 225W. This is exactly 50% of the ePower's "rated" output.

My conclusion is that this ePower PSU was never intended to actually run anywhere near 80% of rated, much less 100%. And if you review their data for all #2 tests (50% load tests) will see this is where the ePower unit performed best.

In fairness to [H]ardOCP, all other aspects of their review were spot on.

I may at some point in the future try and find a used unit and just rebuild it with quality parts, mainly the caps. I think the inductors and transformer should be fine.

Harley
02-24-11, 09:22 AM
F$, The 5970's are rated at 42w idle and 294w under load at stock clocks. I OC my cards pretty high and they are pulling closer to 400+w. I understand some of that power is comimg from the PCIe slot. However I don't think I trust this PSU to run my (not cheap) 5970.

Fire$torm
02-24-11, 09:55 AM
F$, The 5970's are rated at 42w idle and 294w under load at stock clocks. I OC my cards pretty high and they are pulling closer to 400+w. I understand some of that power is comimg from the PCIe slot. However I don't think I trust this PSU to run my (not cheap) 5970.

Oh I wouldn't blame you for not trusting it. If you are good with a soldering iron, ten bucks in caps would make that unit a decent auxiliary PSU. As is it can handle running system fans and such without issue.
BTW: The ATX spec for a PCIe slot is 300W max at 12V.

Harley
02-24-11, 12:52 PM
Oh I wouldn't blame you for not trusting it. If you are good with a soldering iron, ten bucks in caps would make that unit a decent auxiliary PSU. As is it can handle running system fans and such without issue.
BTW: The ATX spec for a PCIe slot is 300W max at 12V.

You can use this psu for more than just fans. I'm willing to use it on my 5770 with a slight OC. Which is probably what its going to be used for. I wouldn't use it for a high end card like the 5970. By the way thats why the 5970 are sold down clocked to 725, to keep them under that 300w threshold. I wouldn't use this psu to power 2 mid range cards either. The 5770 draws 188w under load. Two of them would push this psu into its danger zone. All in all I like the looks and the cables seem to be good but it should not be sold as 450w psu. Max I would rate it as is 225w. I really wouldn't want to push it much beyond that.

So anybody considering buying this psu be forewarned

John P. Myers
02-24-11, 05:07 PM
Actually, to test a PSU at 80% load isn't exactly fair, since no PSU, regardless of brand or type, should ever be used above 75% capacity. 50% is usually the sweet spot for efficiency on any PSU, not just this one. Also, it would have no problem powering 2 mid-range GPUs. For 2 GPUs, 150W of the total comes from the PCIe slot (75W per slot) itself, which is a large chunk of the burden this drive bay PSU doesn't have to deal with. It'd do just fine.

Mike029
02-24-11, 07:01 PM
I hope you don't mind if I join the discussion here and add my soon to be built rig. If it's a problem I'll move it to it's own thread later. :)
"Sleepy Puppy" is ordered and on the way. Here is the breakdown.

Case - Rocketfish Full Tower used
PSU - OCZ ZX Series OCZ-ZX1250W New
RAM - GSkill Ripjaw 4GB New
MOBO - ASUS M4A79T Deluxe New
CPU - AMD Phenom II X2 560 Black Edition Callisto New (Hoping to unlock a core or 2)
CPU Cooler - ZALMAN 9500A-LED 92mm New
GPU (3) - Radeon HD 5870 2 New, 1 almost new
HDD - (2) Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb raid Used
DVD Drive - Lite-On used
OS - XP Pro Used

Will Dummy plug 2 of the video cards. Comments? I know I've said it already but want to thank everyone for their help and patience. I'll keep everyone updated.

Harley
02-24-11, 07:09 PM
Actually, to test a PSU at 80% load isn't exactly fair, since no PSU, regardless of brand or type, should ever be used above 75% capacity. 50% is usually the sweet spot for efficiency on any PSU, not just this one. Also, it would have no problem powering 2 mid-range GPUs. For 2 GPUs, 150W of the total comes from the PCIe slot (75W per slot) itself, which is a large chunk of the burden this drive bay PSU doesn't have to deal with. It'd do just fine.

JPM, I agree no PSU should ever be used above 75% capacity. This is also stated in the review. The 450w PSU failed not only the TORTURE test but the entire review. Is it a fair test? Yes, all PSU's are tested the same way. Is it a realistic test? Maybe, maybe not. For the average user, NO. For crunchers pushing their equipment hard 24/7. I think so. Especially for people like me who OC. They really didn't have anything good to say about it no matter what load was placed on it.

"The Bottom Line

The ePower Juice Box 450W power supply is an interesting niche product that was so heavily flawed that it doesn't even fit its niche. Not only was the unit incapable of running at its full rated output at realistic operating temperatures, it was poorly constructed with components that are not exactly known for long term heat tolerance and shoved into a situation where there is little ventilation and poor efficiency. All in all, had the unit not failed, not had poor DC Output Quality, and not been ridiculously loud it would have had a questionable longevity that was also not backed by any obvious warranty support. If ePower was going for the trifecta of sketchy they nailed it today with the Juice Box 450W. When we started the review for this unit was showing as being available for $20 from Newegg, and the Visiontek version was available for $70 on Amazon. (What really amazes us is how Visiontek could be suggesting any of its customers plug this into a high dollar video card. Ouch.) As it is today, the ePower unit seems to be out of stock most everywhere we look, and that my friends is damn good blessing in disguise. So all in all these guys knew what a big hunk of crap it was and nailed it before we did. Good riddance."

This PSU got a very high rating fom the same people.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/10/07/corsair_ax850_850w_power_supply_review/
Is it comparing apples to oranges? Yes, if price is included. No, If you consider its just 2 PSU's being given the same test.

The only reason I picked this review is because I own one. Apples to Apples for me. Two PSU's I own.

I only posted this so anybody considering buying one will know what they're getting.

John P. Myers
02-24-11, 07:53 PM
GDI i just typed a whole page of a review of that PSU review and this POS timed out on me and lost it all. WTF? I can't even begin to retype all that :(

John P. Myers
02-24-11, 08:05 PM
@Harley

to summarize everything that was deleted a moment ago by some retarded unseen timer (yeah i'm quite pissed), 45C (113F) ambient is not a realistic test, although it is a fair test if all PSUs are tested this way. Basically what it comes down to is, this thing won't perform as badly as they make it seem in real-world applications (closer to 27C ambient). No, it's not a great PSU, it's not 80 PLUS Gold certified, but we knew that from the product description. It's cheap and does what it says it'll do for only $20. As F$ said, the capacitors can be cheaply replaced by organic polymers to increase efficiency. Fans could even be swapped out for something more efficient like this one. (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2527/fan-23/Sunon_40x10mm_Maglev_Fan_w_RPM_KDE1204PFV2.html?tl =g36c15s70)

Documentation? You plug a molex from your existing PSU into this one for the power on switch. rail 1 is the top 2 connections on the back. Rail 2 is the bottom 2. What else needs to be said? lol

Harley
02-24-11, 11:57 PM
I hope you don't mind if I join the discussion here and add my soon to be built rig. If it's a problem I'll move it to it's own thread later. :)
"Sleepy Puppy" is ordered and on the way. Here is the breakdown.

Case - Rocketfish Full Tower used
PSU - OCZ ZX Series OCZ-ZX1250W New
RAM - GSkill Ripjaw 4GB New
MOBO - ASUS M4A79T Deluxe New
CPU - AMD Phenom II X2 560 Black Edition Callisto New (Hoping to unlock a core or 2)
CPU Cooler - ZALMAN 9500A-LED 92mm New
GPU (3) - Radeon HD 5870 2 New, 1 almost new
HDD - (2) Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb raid Used
DVD Drive - Lite-On used
OS - XP Pro Used

Will Dummy plug 2 of the video cards. Comments? I know I've said it already but want to thank everyone for their help and patience. I'll keep everyone updated.

That will be one heck of a cruncher! Don't use dummy plugs. Connect them using the CrossfreX cables. Too many people have problems using dummy plugs on systems with multiple ATI cards.

zombie67
02-25-11, 12:47 AM
That will be one heck of a cruncher! Don't use dummy plugs. Connect them using the CrossfreX cables. Too many people have problems using dummy plugs on systems with multiple ATI cards.

Really? I have heard that you can remove the plug requirement when running headless with win7. But I found that to be hit and miss. But with dummy plugs, it works 100% of the time, regardless of the win version. This is the first I have heard of dummy plugs not working.

Harley
02-25-11, 12:56 AM
Really? I have heard that you can remove the plug requirement when running headless with win7. But I found that to be hit and miss. But with dummy plugs, it works 100% of the time, regardless of the win version. This is the first I have heard of dummy plugs not working.

I can run with a dummy plug, Maxwell cannot. The strange thing is that our systems are very similar. Lately most people are reporting they cannot run with dummy plugs. Maybe it has to do with updated drivers. :-??

Mike029
02-25-11, 10:57 AM
I can run with a dummy plug, Maxwell cannot. The strange thing is that our systems are very similar. Lately most people are reporting they cannot run with dummy plugs. Maybe it has to do with updated drivers. :-??

That will suck big time as I did not plan to buy Windows 7. I was going to run XP pro. I've been using a dummy plug for 6 6 months without a problem. I hope it works on the new build as well.

Harley
02-25-11, 12:15 PM
That will suck big time as I did not plan to buy Windows 7. I was going to run XP pro. I've been using a dummy plug for 6 6 months without a problem. I hope it works on the new build as well.

Ooops, sorry. I was talking about Win 7. The dummy plugs should work on XP pro.

John P. Myers
04-16-11, 06:36 PM
*BUMP*

Maxwell where are you man?!?

joker
04-16-11, 07:09 PM
Maxwell where are you man?!?

I was thinking that same thing. He has not insulted me in days.

DrPop
04-16-11, 07:18 PM
He has not insulted me in days.

LOL! :D That's pretty bad..."known by his insult quota!" haha :p;)

Maxwell
04-16-11, 09:42 PM
Been at a conference, and not checking/responding to the boards much. But I'm back in my den of solitude now, ready to insult joker as necessary.

Silver Hammer Update: I'm down both 5970s. They need to be RMA'ed since they artifact something terrible at stock speeds. I have a 570 is the machine currently, but I'm not doing too much with it right now...

I'm really curious to see this Maxwell Spanker. I hope it puts me to shame...

John P. Myers
04-16-11, 10:23 PM
Been at a conference, and not checking/responding to the boards much. But I'm back in my den of solitude now, ready to insult joker as necessary.

Silver Hammer Update: I'm down both 5970s. They need to be RMA'ed since they artifact something terrible at stock speeds. I have a 570 is the machine currently, but I'm not doing too much with it right now...

I'm really curious to see this Maxwell Spanker. I hope it puts me to shame...

So do i :D have a bunch of new toys arriving monday, but am still missing the main ingredient. I'm hoping this item will be in stock monday morning so i can get it sometime next week. We shall see...

John P. Myers
04-17-11, 06:48 PM
So do i :D have a bunch of new toys arriving monday, but am still missing the main ingredient. I'm hoping this item will be in stock monday morning so i can get it sometime next week. We shall see...

BAH! According to tracking it won't arrive until wednesday. UPS pisses me off sometimes. Gonna have to have a chat with Newegg about this "3 day guaranteed" shipping. Ordered this stuff 10 minutes after midnight on friday morning.

joker
04-17-11, 06:57 PM
Gonna have to have a chat with Newegg about this "3 day guaranteed" shipping.

Kick their ass Seabass!!

John P. Myers
04-18-11, 08:28 PM
DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!

Secret ingredient just ordered an hour ago. No idea when it'll get here, it's just regular UPS ground shipping. Not only will this setup spank Maxwell, but i'm quite sure many of those ranked above me will fall by the wayside rather quickly. I will be putting entire farms to shame with this. Can't wait to stick it into the Pentathlon :D

joker
04-18-11, 08:54 PM
I want a good spanking!

DrPop
04-18-11, 09:00 PM
DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!

Secret ingredient just ordered an hour ago. No idea when it'll get here, it's just regular UPS ground shipping. Not only will this setup spank Maxwell, but i'm quite sure many of those ranked above me will fall by the wayside rather quickly. I will be putting entire farms to shame with this. Can't wait to stick it into the Pentathlon :D

Dang...we were duking it out there awhile back, and I just barely pulled ahead, too! Guess I'll be waving as you go by! :D

Now, just to clarify which one: Will this be added to OR replace your existing setup?

John P. Myers
04-18-11, 09:18 PM
Dang...we were duking it out there awhile back, and I just barely pulled ahead, too! Guess I'll be waving as you go by! :D

Now, just to clarify which one: Will this be added to OR replace your existing setup?

that's a tricky question to answer...hmmm....

My production has been about half of what it was a month ago, due to me breaking a cable :p As i mentioned awhile back, I had my HD 5870 in the PCIe x16 slot on the mobo, and the GTX460 was hooked up with a PCIe X1 cable that ran from the slot to the card, which was mounted in a total void, about 2 inches off the end of the mobo. I'm not exactly sure what i did or when i did it, but i broke that cable, just barely, but it was enough to shut the GTX460 down :(

But, since the GTX460 was getting about the same credits in PG as the HD5870 was getting in DNETC, i figured i might as well pull the HD5870 out and put the GTX460 in the PCIe x16 slot. So, yeah, i've only been running 1 of my GPUs :/

I am getting a new motherboard, that will allow me to use both GPUs once again. This mobo is a socket 1155. My old one is a socket 775 with DDR2 RAM, so i also had to get new RAM and a new CPU. You also have already seen the new PSU i ordered (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153134) :) Same brand and model as my current one, just a bit more powerful and more efficient.

So basically, i'll be using the same hard drive, same 2 GPUs i already have, same case and fans and pump and radiators. The motherboard, RAM, CPU and PSU will replace the ones currently in use.

But, there are also 2 additional new parts being added in addition to all of this. Very major parts... =P~

DrPop
04-18-11, 10:31 PM
that's a tricky question...The motherboard, RAM, CPU and PSU will replace the ones currently in use...
But, there are also 2 additional new parts being added in addition to all of this. Very major parts... =P~

Ah, I see! Sweetness. So, then you will have a second mobo, RAM, CPU and PSU left over for a SECOND "Mini-Me version" of the Maxwell Spanker to build up as well! :D:cool:

After looking at that PSU . . . I can only dream / hope / wish I HAD ONE of whatever that "Very Major Part" is going to be, LOL! =P~

John P. Myers
04-28-11, 02:14 AM
Dun Dun Dunnn...

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1791354.png (http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1791354) Yes, you can click that.

slowly creeping up the ladder...

Maxwell
04-28-11, 10:18 AM
That's pretty. I especially like what you have in red bold there...

JerWA
04-28-11, 06:00 PM
4.1? Pfft, crank it up!

John P. Myers
04-28-11, 06:20 PM
4.1? Pfft, crank it up!

Workin on it. Not exactly used to OCing Sandy Bridge. It's quite different

JerWA
04-29-11, 02:37 AM
It's actually supposed to be incredibly easy for those procs. No need to worry about tweaking 800 settings. Just voltage and one other I think, and only barely voltage.

http://www.overclock.net/intel-general/910467-ultimate-sandy-bridge-oc-guide-p67a.html

^ have you seen that?

John P. Myers
04-29-11, 04:03 AM
^ have you seen that?

I actually had not seen that. My main issue has been nobody seems to be able to use the same terms to describe the same thing. Very confusing. Yeah you can just change 3 or 4 setting to OC this thing, but i'm trying to keep temps as low as possible so i'm back to adjusting everything in baby steps :p

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1793133.png (http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1793133) <--most recent update

You'll notice i got Vcore down just a tad while still increasing the clock another notch. Briefly hits 53C while running PrimaBoinca. Mainly bounces between 51C - 52C.

After reading that article, i see my Vcore is well below what he says it should be, but i'm using the D2 stepping where he had D1 so maybe that's the reason. Going to go drop my VTT, QPI, CPU I/O, DMI, on-die memory controller (or however many other names there are for the same damn thing) voltage a bit and get some sleep.

By this weekend, the Maxwell Spanker should be complete...until i upgrade it :D

Edit: Dropped Vtt from 1.23 to 1.07. Saved about 0.3C I'll take that any day.

JerWA
04-29-11, 11:37 AM
4.2 is just barely into "acceptable." =))

When I get mine in a couple weeks we can compare notes for what works and what doesn't, clock wise. I hope to have mine up to at least 4.5 on the first day. :cool:

John P. Myers
04-29-11, 02:41 PM
4.2 is just barely into "acceptable." =))

When I get mine in a couple weeks we can compare notes for what works and what doesn't, clock wise. I hope to have mine up to at least 4.5 on the first day. :cool:

I've had hardly any time to mess with it. My employee twisted his ankle and hasn't been to work since i got it put together. been working 11 hour shifts and not all that excited about clock speeds by the time i get home :p Maybe i'll hit 4.3 tonight lol

DrPop
04-29-11, 11:34 PM
Congrats, JPM! What HSF are you using? I know my AMD 1100T could hit way higher than I have it now - I can hit 3.8GHz on the stock 1.325 VCore; I briefly did 4.0GHz at 1.35VCore, and I know you can take these puppies up to 1.5+ on the VCore.

However, I'm back at 3.8GHz because I have a $20 Rosewill 90mm HSF, and even with all the HAF 932 fans going, by the time the 2 CUDA cards heat up the air around it, ... it's just too hot for my liking on 24/7 crunching.

I think I need water cooling to really watch this thing shine. :p

John P. Myers
05-01-11, 01:30 AM
Congrats, JPM! What HSF are you using? I know my AMD 1100T could hit way higher than I have it now - I can hit 3.8GHz on the stock 1.325 VCore; I briefly did 4.0GHz at 1.35VCore, and I know you can take these puppies up to 1.5+ on the VCore.

However, I'm back at 3.8GHz because I have a $20 Rosewill 90mm HSF, and even with all the HAF 932 fans going, by the time the 2 CUDA cards heat up the air around it, ... it's just too hot for my liking on 24/7 crunching.

I think I need water cooling to really watch this thing shine. :p
yeah i use water cooling. it's the only way to go. never have to worry about a fan failing :) and the pumps (that i use anyway) last 5 years or more. i rest peacefully.

DrPop
05-01-11, 01:56 AM
yeah i use water cooling. it's the only way to go. never have to worry about a fan failing :) and the pumps (that i use anyway) last 5 years or more. i rest peacefully.

Mind firing me off a link to the H20 stuff? Thanks! ;)

Fire$torm
05-01-11, 02:50 AM
I'm pretty sure JPM uses hardware from Swiftech. (http://www.swiftech.com/)

John P. Myers
05-02-11, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure JPM uses hardware from Swiftech. (http://www.swiftech.com/)

That is correct. For tubing, i use Tygon or just goto Home Depot where it's far cheaper. But do NOT use tubing where the outside diameter is less than 50% more than the inside. For example, if you're using 1/2" ID tubing, the OD should be 3/4". Otherwise the tubing is too weak and won't take the pressure from the pump for very long.

You may (actually probably haven't) have noticed my production dropped off alot the past couple days. Reason is i just rebuild the Maxwell Spanker and have spent the past day bleeding the air from the lines. Still not done. I need a day off where i have time to get something done :/

BUT! When i do finish with that, Maxwell will be sufficiently spanked :D

Maxwell
05-02-11, 05:47 PM
BUT! When i do finish with that, Maxwell will be sufficiently spanked :D
Naughty there, I can't wait to feel the pain!

John P. Myers
05-05-11, 07:38 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/dorren1975/Photo-0009-Copy.jpg

This is the "before" picture. Isn't she sweet?

John P. Myers
05-05-11, 07:40 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/dorren1975/Photo-0010-Copy.jpg

A closer look. You can see the GTX460 and the 9500GT right under it.

John P. Myers
05-05-11, 07:41 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/dorren1975/Photo-0011-Copy.jpg

Here we are after gutting it. Now to replace the motherboard...

John P. Myers
05-05-11, 07:42 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/dorren1975/Photo-0012-Copy.jpg

And the sexiness has arrived :D

John P. Myers
05-05-11, 07:43 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/dorren1975/Photo-0013-Copy.jpg

Here we put the cooler back on the RAM and waterblock back on the CPU. Now were ready to power up. But man...i sure wish i had enough GPUs to fill all those empty slots...

John P. Myers
05-05-11, 07:44 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/dorren1975/Photo-0014.jpg

Oh my...what have i done!

Those GPUs on the bottom sure are shiney! Wonder what they could be...

John P. Myers
05-05-11, 07:57 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/dorren1975/Photo-0016.jpg

Maxwell
05-05-11, 08:14 PM
Is this the Spanker?

6.10.58 GenuineIntel
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz [Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7]
(8 processors) [5] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (961MB) driver: 27061 Microsoft Windows 7
x64 Edition, (06.01.7600.00)

That does look like a pretty machine... I think I need to stand up now.

John P. Myers
05-05-11, 08:42 PM
Is this the Spanker?

6.10.58 GenuineIntel
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz [Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7]
(8 processors) [5] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (961MB) driver: 27061 Microsoft Windows 7
x64 Edition, (06.01.7600.00)

That does look like a pretty machine... I think I need to stand up now.

MSI Big Bang Marshal socket 1155 Motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130595&Tpk=big%20bang%20marshal)
i7-2600K @ 4.41143 GHz (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115070) (1 GHz overclock)
16GB DDR3 @ 1604.2 MHz (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231429) (XMP)
1 GTX 460 @ 1350 MHz (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500169) (stock speed. still testing temps)
2 GTX 590 @ 1386 MHz (http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=03G-P3-1599-A2&family=GeForce%20500%20Series%20Family&sw=) (14% overclock) EVGA Hydro Copper w/ Swiftech waterblocks
1350W Thermaltake 80 PLUS Silver modular PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153134)
2 Swiftech MCP655 pumps (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108082) (50 PSI each)
Swiftech Apogee XT CPU waterblock (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108113)

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1804313.png (http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1804313)

Maxwell
05-05-11, 08:56 PM
That is awesome. Truly awesome. I just find it weird that PG is reading your computer as having five 460s in it...

Fire$torm
05-05-11, 09:05 PM
That is awesome. Truly awesome. I just find it weird that PG is reading your computer as having five 460s in it...

I think the GTX-590 is a dual GPU card.

Edit: Yeppers, dualies. ---> http://pressroom.nvidia.com/easyir/customrel.do?easyirid=A0D622CE9F579F09&version=live&releasejsp=release_157&xhtml=true&prid=736275 and http://www.geforce.com/#/Hardware/GPUs/geforce-gtx-590/overview

Maxwell
05-05-11, 09:16 PM
I think the GTX-590 is a dual GPU card.

Edit: Yeppers, dualies. ---> http://pressroom.nvidia.com/easyir/customrel.do?easyirid=A0D622CE9F579F09&version=live&releasejsp=release_157&xhtml=true&prid=736275 and http://www.geforce.com/#/Hardware/GPUs/geforce-gtx-590/overview
Oh yeah - definitely a dual GPU card. The 5970 on the BOINC sites gets reported as a two 58xx series cards. However, the 590 is apparently getting reported as two 460s, which I find weird...

Here is JPM's new toy: http://www.primegrid.com/hosts_user.php?userid=36842

Fire$torm
05-05-11, 10:25 PM
Oh yeah - definitely a dual GPU card. The 5970 on the BOINC sites gets reported as a two 58xx series cards. However, the 590 is apparently getting reported as two 460s, which I find weird...

Here is JPM's new toy: http://www.primegrid.com/hosts_user.php?userid=36842

BOINC is probably looking at the GPU family reference and using a GPU model number it already knows....

John P. Myers
05-06-11, 02:24 AM
It may have something to do with having the GTX 460 as the main card. It just takes that and runs with it.

Mike029
05-06-11, 09:31 AM
MSI Big Bang Marshal socket 1155 Motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130595&Tpk=big%20bang%20marshal)
i7-2600K @ 4.41143 GHz (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115070) (1 GHz overclock)
16GB DDR3 @ 1604.2 MHz (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231429) (XMP)
1 GTX 460 @ 1350 MHz (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500169) (stock speed. still testing temps)
2 GTX 590 @ 1386 MHz (http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=03G-P3-1599-A2&family=GeForce%20500%20Series%20Family&sw=) (14% overclock) EVGA Hydro Copper w/ Swiftech waterblocks
1350W Thermaltake 80 PLUS Silver modular PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153134)
2 Swiftech MCP655 pumps (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108082) (50 PSI each)
Swiftech Apogee XT CPU waterblock (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108113)

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1804313.png (http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1804313)

That is one sweet rig!!!!

^:)^

DrPop
05-06-11, 12:13 PM
I am in AWE! :D Someday the DrPop rig will be so nice...:cool:

Fire$torm
05-06-11, 12:34 PM
BTW JPM, where exactly do you live? I'd like to visit your house sometime when your not home........ :))

J/K. That has to be the the baddest GPU HotRod on the team. All shine and gleam like. Way beyond pimped.......

John P. Myers
05-06-11, 02:43 PM
BTW JPM, where exactly do you live? I'd like to visit your house sometime when your not home........ :))

J/K. That has to be the the baddest GPU HotRod on the team. All shine and gleam like. Way beyond pimped.......

I'm not at home right now. Come on over :D

1 through 25 (http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_user_stats.php?pr=bo&st=0&teamid=7e7fffdfa3f6eae66aede7f91c9a21c9#26) better hit their upgrade buttons. You're all on notice!

DrPop
05-07-11, 01:19 AM
The sad part is, I already upgraded, lol! :(:D

joker
05-07-11, 02:49 AM
I should think about upgrading someday................

DrPop
05-08-11, 02:20 AM
I should think about upgrading someday................

Uhhhh....trying to keep up with the Joneses er...I mean Joker...is going to break the bank, LOL! ;)

zombie67
05-08-11, 02:44 AM
I'm not at home right now. Come on over :D

1 through 25 (http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_user_stats.php?pr=bo&st=0&teamid=7e7fffdfa3f6eae66aede7f91c9a21c9#26) better hit their upgrade buttons. You're all on notice!

Heh. BS is slow to adopt new projects. For example, they're missing Moo!

A better choice is Free-DC (http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userteamcomb&team=SETI.USA).

Maxwell
05-26-11, 02:35 AM
Clearly, I concede that the Spanker has kicked the ass of the Hammer. However, for the first time in a long time, the Hammer got 1M+credits today. And for that, I'm happy. Go Moo.