PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Irene

Bok
08-26-11, 10:48 AM
Looks like it's not going to affect me too much, likely quite a bit of rain and some wind tomorrow.

But if I lose power for any stretch of time and the UPS's can't handle it you'll know why :)

DrPop
08-26-11, 11:35 AM
We'll be thinking about you when she hits! ;) Hope all is well tonight and tomorrow.

Fire$torm
08-26-11, 02:12 PM
Keeping fingers crossed.

Bok
08-26-11, 05:01 PM
Fingers and toes crossed for Rocky Moore - he is directly in the firing line, hoping he has gotten out of the way safely.

Bok

valyn42
08-26-11, 11:14 PM
My brother is up there in Maryland, likely to get some rain and wind. Fingers crossed for all those in the path.

Side note -- I think my weather is bad here in Oklahoma(54 days now of 100+ heat this summer), then my brother cracks a joke at me --, "When's the last time you had an earthquake and a hurricane in the same week? Don't bring that weak sauce around here." Well played, sir.:D

Al
08-27-11, 03:45 PM
It will probably be several more hours before I can start crunching again. Power keeps flickering and going out intermittently. I'll be back shortly.
Al

Mike029
08-27-11, 04:52 PM
It will probably be several more hours before I can start crunching again. Power keeps flickering and going out intermittently. I'll be back shortly.
Al

Ouch, hope all is well with the power. I guess we in NY are up next. It seems to be weakening so I hope she is nothing more than some heavy rain and no power outages.

Bok
08-27-11, 06:00 PM
We've not lost power at all here in Wake Forest. Not so bad, in fact I grew up in the north east of England with it like this most days :) I've even been out a few times today for my son's hockey practice..

Just got back from one and we do have a fairly large tree down in the backyard though..

Al

DrPop
08-27-11, 09:19 PM
Man, well - we're definitely thinking about you guys! Hang in there, sounds like the worst is over. Unfortunately it looks like it claimed a few lives...

Duke of Buckingham
08-28-11, 07:21 AM
I had one Irene in my life but she was more Dangereux than a Hurricane.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/2566162120_d83f64379c.jpg

Mike029
08-28-11, 11:56 AM
All is wel here in my end of NY. No power outage and I'm back to crunching. Hope everyone else is ok. :-bd

Fire$torm
08-28-11, 02:49 PM
All is wel here in my end of NY. No power outage and I'm back to crunching. Hope everyone else is ok. :-bd

Glad to hear it.