PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone

Gliese581g
09-09-11, 05:28 PM
I'm brand new here, and have just downloaded the software to run Seti@home. I really don't know where to start (other than posting here.) Any advice is welcome. Good to be here!

Fire$torm
09-09-11, 06:48 PM
Hello Gliese581g and welcome to the team and the forum. To properly answer your question it would help to know what kind of system(s) you have. Many projects are dependent on which operating system and hardware combination you are using.

c303a
09-09-11, 06:51 PM
Welcome to the forum. If you post the specs of your system there are plenty of people here that will help you configure you box. To start with you should attach to Freehal, wuprop and surveill since these are free credits. They only use a very small portion of you cpu and will run with all the other programs and projects that you attach.
Remember we are here to help you and are more then glad to answer any questions. Let us know what type of projects you want to run and I am sure you will get plenty of recommendations. Glad to have you here.

DrPop
09-09-11, 09:15 PM
Awesome! Always love people joining the team. :) Hope you get on well here, and we'll be glad to answer any crunching questions you might have. There are lots of great crunchers here with all kinds of computer knowledge too!
Take care!
DrPop

Beerdrinker
09-10-11, 03:36 AM
Welcome to the team!..Looks like plenty of people to get you startet..Otherwise consider me joining the quire about helping out.

STMahlberg
09-10-11, 06:10 AM
Welcome!

Fogle
09-10-11, 09:11 AM
Welcome to the team, and to crunching. As stated above there are plenty of topics to choose from, astronomy, medicine, math or pure science. Have fun most of all. :)

Slicker
09-10-11, 12:54 PM
SETI is shut down for several days each week, If you want to crunch only SETI, incease your cache size to at least 3-4 days. If you like space in general, there are several other space related projects to choose from including Milkyway, Einstein, and Cosmology. If you just want to contribute in general, there are tons of other projects. If you want to contribute AND want max credits, we can steer you towards the projects that pay the best as well. If you just want to crunch SETI, I'd still suggest downloading the optimized apps (http://lunatics.kwsn.net/) since they will do more work in the same amount of time compared to the standard SETI apps. If you need help installing them, post your questions here, on the Lunatics site, or on the SETI boards. There are lots of people who can help out.

Crazybob
09-12-11, 01:33 PM
Welcome to the team! Glad you found us.

Crazybob's Son
09-12-11, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the team. Glad you found your way here. As noted above, feel free to post any questions you may have. We have a huge knowledge base here.