PDA

View Full Version : Why does World Community Grid have like the worst credits

Dorsilfin
09-13-11, 07:06 PM
When its doing some of the most promising work with distributed computing..

Its painful to have a 1090T six core going nearly round the clock and only making over 3000 credits a day... the climb to 1 million seems like forever..

and wheres the GPU apps already.. with such a large project and following from many large institutes you would think a GPU app would have been developed to further the speed at which we research..

Meh! mild rant of the day..

Slicker
09-14-11, 11:51 AM
It really is a shame.

From what I've read, WCG software was totally separate from BOINC a number of years ago. When they joined BOINC (kind of like DNETC did more recently), WCG screwed up (if you ask me anyway) in the calculation they used to convert from their points to boinc credit. Currently, and to be fair to all the people that got screwed a long time ago when they first merged with BOINC, they continue to screw everyone. Bend over and smile, please....

Dorsilfin
09-26-11, 02:09 PM
190,000 points to go to achieve victory..

denim
09-26-11, 04:15 PM
I wish it had better credits too. But I keep it on a very low simmer, picking up a few here and there every other day or so.

Ricky Moore
10-05-11, 11:17 AM
From what I understand from WCG is they don't care about the credit system. They seem to feel if you care about the work they do you will run their project!

Fire$torm
10-05-11, 05:30 PM
From what I understand from WCG is they don't care about the credit system. They seem to feel if you care about the work they do you will run their project!

Guess so. Although I like what they are doing, they, and by "They" I mean IBM, take a very narrow minded view of volunteers. After all I KNOW that IBM likes, even demands, being paid a lot of money for the work they do. Do they not? Hence my aversion of WCG.