PDA

View Full Version : Where the heck is everyone?!?!?!

STMahlberg
11-07-10, 07:11 AM
So the new board has been up and running for how long and people are still hanging around the old waterhole, which is going to dry up eventually.

I don't get it, vBulletin is awesome with so many new and cool features like Blogs which I have just barely scratched the surface at annoying all of you with my maniacal minutia.

I know that most people don't like change but dang; I recommend a book for those of you who don't titled, Who Moved My Cheese (http://www.amazon.com/Who-Moved-My-Cheese-Amazing/dp/0399144463/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289131374&sr=8-1) by Spencer Johnson MD, it's a great book about dealing with change.

So for those of you whom are still jumping between boards, tell everyone over there, to come over here. And I say to the gods that run such things, i.e. Mr. Hankey and Teratoma, ^:)^ PULL THE PLUG! Let em sick or swim, arg! Well... hopefully they won't sink, they'll just dog paddle their way over to the new link. :)

trigggl
11-07-10, 09:05 AM
How about a sticky or posting on the main page about the new location and then lock it from new posts. There might be a few people still who are clueless and don't realize it's moved. The title of the sticky could read "THE BOARD HAS MOVED!"

thepossum1
11-07-10, 09:05 AM
Hey, I read that book :) Yes, old habits die hard, but I bookmarked the page so I've been making it here :) Just not up to speed yet.

trigggl
11-07-10, 09:24 AM
OK. I did my part. Many posts about the move.

STMahlberg
11-07-10, 09:27 AM
OK. I did my part. Many posts about the move.
Outstanding. :-bd

Maxwell
11-07-10, 10:09 AM
Soon, the setiusa.net link is going to point here, so our occasional lurker friends will find us almost by definition. It would be nice to have a nice active forum for them to come chat at...

John R.@SETI.USA
11-07-10, 10:25 AM
OK.........I'm signed up........now let's see if I got my avatar pic set up right.

Beerdrinker
11-07-10, 10:56 AM
Well....I know that I am here...:D

joker
11-07-10, 12:18 PM
I fear change. I like cash. :p

Mike029
11-07-10, 01:19 PM

lol, I'm here full time now too.

STMahlberg
11-07-10, 02:22 PM
LOL Good one!

BlkJack-21
11-09-10, 08:29 PM
Here now and getting familiar with the new home...

I have mixed feelings about this.

I hate to see 5 years of our history disappear, but on the other hand we need something new...

Since I made the break..it would be a nice change just to be a participant.

joker
11-09-10, 08:49 PM
Long time no see BlkJack-21, for me anyways. \m/

BlkJack-21
11-09-10, 08:58 PM
Long time no see BlkJack-21, for me anyways. \m/

Yes it has!

Is it safe to assume you are active on the team again? (excuse me for being out of the loop)

joker
11-09-10, 09:10 PM
Is it safe to assume you are active on the team again?

Until they kick me out or drop a dishwasher on me. ;)

STMahlberg
11-10-10, 02:52 AM
Here now and getting familiar with the new home...

I have mixed feelings about this.

I hate to see 5 years of our history disappear, but on the other hand we need something new...

Since I made the break..it would be a nice change just to be a participant.

It is a true pleasure and inspiring to stand in the presence of a Founder; I would like to say, "Thank you" for the time and effort that you and the other Founders invested into creating something truely great.

denim
11-10-10, 10:51 AM
I agree, wish there was a way to bring the old content over.

Crazybob
11-10-10, 11:34 AM
Glad to see you made it hear BJ! Long time no see, so don't be a stranger.

I think every effort will be made to archive the old data from the other site. It will just have to be stored in a format that all can read and I don't know what kind of problem that presents.