PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Branden
09-23-11, 06:59 PM
Im glad to be part of SETI.USA now that i have my new comp up and crunching. Feel free to message me if you have any questions=]

Fogle
09-23-11, 11:47 PM
Welcome to the team, and be sure to post here often. What projects are you intrested in? :o

Branden
09-24-11, 04:38 PM
I am most interested in projects that help to forward progress in science. Any type of math, cosmology, astronomy, physics, or anything like that. Im really into physics and how the universe works personally and I feel that this is a great way to help science.

Duke of Buckingham
09-24-11, 06:36 PM
Yes you are in the right place. You just described about 90% of BOINC projects. With time you will find your favourites, dont rush start in any place and keep on posting and before you know it you will find yourselfe at home. Here you will find that most of the people are here to help in the construction of a better world and most of the projects are focus in the same. Be most welcome.

Duke

Branden
09-24-11, 10:50 PM
Thank you. Im glad to be part of such a wonder full and already very helpfull team dedicated to such a wonderful cause.

Mike029
09-25-11, 08:28 AM
Welcome to the team!! :-bd Your GPU can also crunch Primegrid (Mathematics) if your interested. If you have any questions someone here has the answer. ;)

Beerdrinker
09-25-11, 08:52 AM
Hello there Brandon..

Welcome to the team!!

Fire$torm
09-25-11, 12:19 PM
Gawd, I must be getting really flaky. Never posted my Hello there and welcome. Anyhow, Hello there and welcome..... :P

Branden
09-25-11, 12:40 PM
Hahahaha thanks everyone for such a warm welcome.

Crazybob
09-27-11, 09:35 AM
Welcome to the team Branden!

Mike029
09-27-11, 12:02 PM
Noticed a Branden switching to Sicituradastra as Dare2Dream*. Is that a Different Branden?

Cruncher Pete
09-27-11, 08:59 PM
Hi Mike029

Well picked. However, I have noticed a similar change where Branden switched all of his projects to sic as *Branden. I do not think that the other guy is the same. Strange enough whilst all this was going on, another similar name joined SETI.USA by the name of Brandon, I do not know if this user is the same or a new user, time will tell. In the mean time, I was going to delete the membership of Branden this morning but Beer has beaten me to it which shows that us Admins are on the ball but there is a time delay...

Whilst on this subject, I am on the opinion that unless a user is contributing to SETI.USA, that is crunching for us, they should not be a full member as they should not have a privilege of accessing sites like Members only forum. We might have to look at our current group designation to ensure that only authorized users have access to various parts of our forum. Sic for example is very strict about this. You can only be a member there if you are crunching for them. If you change to another team, they watch you like hawk and will delete your membership.

Keep on crunching and have a nice day...
CP