PDA

View Full Version : Task Aborted by Project...

STMahlberg
11-08-10, 12:13 AM
aCK!!!

I was just looking at completed tasks that hadn't been reported and when I hit the update, it comes back with Aborted by Project; I lost 100 completed tasks that were not past the deadline... What's up with that???

Maxwell
11-08-10, 12:49 AM
Projects will abort tasks if they have enough results, won't finish by deadline, etc.

However, I've never heard of them doing so with tasks you have completed... You're sure the had finished, and weren't unstarted WUs that happened to be aborted as you hit update? Did those other tasks report as finished? Did you check our account?

Have to start with the forehead-smacking questions before the subtler ones...

STMahlberg
11-08-10, 01:28 PM
Projects will abort tasks if they have enough results, won't finish by deadline, etc.

However, I've never heard of them doing so with tasks you have completed... You're sure the had finished, and weren't unstarted WUs that happened to be aborted as you hit update? Did those other tasks report as finished? Did you check our account?

Have to start with the forehead-smacking questions before the subtler ones...

I am sure that they finished, all of the completed tasks are at the top of list in BOINC Tasks, for whatever reason my main system won't set them automatically so I update the DNETC manually. They went from "Ready to Report" to "Aborted by Project." I didn't check the account to see what happened with them, I just blathered out some colorful-metaphors and moved on.

Maxwell
11-08-10, 01:50 PM
Turn on "report results immediately" in your cc_config file. Should help with some of the issues...

Also, check the DNETC forums and your account to see if you can get any more information. Since I'm not running DNETC now, I'm not sure what to look for...

Fire$torm
11-08-10, 03:28 PM
Just in case you don't have a config file, it goes something like this:

<cc_config>
<options>
<start_delay>60</start_delay>
<network_test_url>http://www.yahoo.com/</network_test_url>
<dont_check_file_sizes>1</dont_check_file_sizes>
<report_results_immediately>1</report_results_immediately>
</options>
</cc_config>
Delete the lines you don't want or need.
Name the file cc_config.xml and put it in your \BOINC\Data folder.

start_delay = The amount of time in seconds BM waits to crunch when started. It helps prevent my desktop from bogging down on first login and gives Rivatuner & SpeedFan (my utils for OC) enough time to properly initialize.

network_test_url = By default BM uses Google's URL to test internet access. Use this to point BM to a different site. I try to avoid Google a.m.a.p. but that is becoming much harder these days.

dont_check_file_sizes = Use this to keep BM from deleting custom optimized project apps that BOINC does not officially support. Set it to 1 to turn it on.

report_results_immediately = Set to 1 to turn it on.

A complete list of cc_config logging flags & options can be found here ---> BOINC Wiki: Client configuration (http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Client_configuration)

STMahlberg
11-09-10, 10:41 AM
Thank you Fire$torm and Maxwell, I will do that.

Edit:
Okay... here's a stupid question, where is this file or rather where does it go once I create it? I'm running Vista 64bit.

Fire$torm
11-09-10, 05:01 PM
Thank you Fire$torm and Maxwell, I will do that.

Edit:
Okay... here's a stupid question, where is this file or rather where does it go once I create it? I'm running Vista 64bit.

Delete the lines you don't want or need.
Name the file cc_config.xml and put it in your \BOINC\Data folder.
The default install location is C:\Program Files\BOINC

<cc_config>
<options>
<start_delay>60</start_delay>
<network_test_url>http://www.yahoo.com/</network_test_url>
<dont_check_file_sizes>1</dont_check_file_sizes>
<report_results_immediately>1</report_results_immediately>
</options>
</cc_config>
Copy the above (Delete what you don't need) to a text file using notepad and save it with the name cc_config.xml to your \BOINC\Data folder.

STMahlberg
11-10-10, 10:35 AM
The default install location is C:\Program Files\BOINC

Copy the above (Delete what you don't need) to a text file using notepad and save it with the name cc_config.xml to your \BOINC\Data folder.

Thank you Fire$torm.