PDA

View Full Version : BOINC has been unable to upload since 9/25

totally_trek
09-29-11, 04:01 PM
I have a completed unit on one system that can't seem to upload. The other computer is working on an AstroPulse (almost complete). So, I can't tell if it is having an issue as well. Any suggestions are welcome.

Fire$torm
09-29-11, 04:43 PM
Probably because SETI@HOME AND SETI@HOME Beta servers are offline. S@H is now a part time project and has been for about a year or so.

If you would like to do work for a different project then take a look at this list ---> http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Project_list

Cruncher Pete
09-29-11, 06:29 PM
I have a completed unit on one system that can't seem to upload. The other computer is working on an AstroPulse (almost complete). So, I can't tell if it is having an issue as well. Any suggestions are welcome.

This is not unusual lately. Personally, I have given up on the SETI Project for apart from their low credit rate they are no longer wish to work full time and switch off upload and download for a couple of days in order for them to do internal catch up on the results that was sent to them. Whilst that is fair enough in theory, in practice it means that your computer could be sitting there doing nothing yet consuming power and is a cost to you.

May I suggest to crunch other projects at the same time and allow the Boinc Manager to run the projects according to their wishes. This way if and when SETI is down and you run out of work, your machine will still be crunching another worthwhile project of your choice. (And of course still gaining credit to you as well as to the team).

Keep on crunching and have a nice day...
CP

totally_trek
09-29-11, 11:17 PM
TY! To both! Already done. Started at work and also at home. I started SETI in the 90's. I took about 9yrs off after they changed the software. I worked on the Cancer also (in its infancy).