PDA

View Full Version : Lost crunchers...Where are you?

STMahlberg
11-08-10, 01:08 PM
This thread is for our friends whom we lost contact to:

John Chastain .... V^3
John P. Myers
Cappy
Tryan
Top Viking
Steve@SETI.USA
SargeD
Sideband
Daniel Schalmaa
Sandtiger

Please let us know how you are doing...Know that you are missed around here!

If anyone have more names letīs put them up here...

This thread was originally started by Beerdrinker on the old board; I thought that it would be appropriate to continue here.

I know that it meant a lot to me that I was thought of enough to be originally included in this list.

STMahlberg
11-08-10, 01:12 PM
I made contact with JPM...

He said that he doing "fine-ish" and that he will be back but it's going to take some more time. He moved to St. Louis about a month ago and is very busy with work, so much so that it hasn't allowed him time to get an internet connection setup.

Maxwell
11-08-10, 01:17 PM
I made contact with JPM...

He said that he doing "fine-ish" and that he will be back but it's going to take some more time. He moved to St. Louis about a month ago and is very busy with work, so much so that it hasn't allowed him time to get an internet connection setup.
Wow - you know you're busy when you don't have time to set up internet. That's usually #3 on the list of moving into a new place behind getting the keys from the landlord and finding where the bathroom is. Glad to hear he's "fine-ish".

Beerdrinker
11-08-10, 01:36 PM
Thanks for moving this thread.

Fire$torm
11-08-10, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the update.

trigggl
11-08-10, 04:00 PM
Wow, St. Louis! I'm jealous. Everyone gets to move to St. Louis but me. I can't seem to get out of Little Rock.

Maxwell
11-08-10, 04:43 PM
Wow, St. Louis! I'm jealous. Everyone gets to move to St. Louis but me. I can't seem to get out of Little Rock.
Sound like you're stuck between a little rock and a hard place...

Badumching! Couldn't be avoided...;)

DrPop
11-08-10, 10:36 PM
St. Louis would only seem like a dream to someone in Little Rock! :D

Just kidding! Hehehehe...I couldn't resist. Been to both places a few times. The Smith Family had an old farm in my Grandpa's generation there in Missouri...600 acres, and from what I can tell, poor as church mice. One of my Grandpa's brothers still owns it too. The rest were "smart" and moved out to Cali. Or, so they say! :cool:

trigggl
11-09-10, 12:48 AM
I'm from St. Louis and never wanted to move, but had to go where the job was. The plan was to get some experience (5 years) and then get a job in St. Louis and move back. 10 years later, I'm still here.

STMahlberg
11-09-10, 02:16 PM
Drop John P. Myers (johnpmyers@hotmail.com) a quick email and let him know he is missed. I just copied his email from the old board so it's not really a big secret. Tell him to get his butt back here. :)

Fire$torm
11-09-10, 02:34 PM
Drop John P. Myers (johnpmyers@hotmail.com) a quick email and let him know he is missed. I just copied his email from the old board so it's not really a big secret. Tell him to get his butt back here. :)

Been there and done that.... But I will fire off another.

10-10 on the side.

STMahlberg
11-09-10, 03:30 PM
Here is the information that I pulled from the other board.

John Chastain, V^3, Vidi Vici Veni - john@chastain.net - I didn't know that John lost his wife until the other day... I sent him an email expressing my condolences but have heard nothing as of yet.

John P. Myers - johnpmyers@hotmail.com - Apparently had to relocate from Tennessee to St. Louis on account of Cannibals, which I assume were displaced by Global Climate Disruption. Who knew...

Cappy - ICQ - Tried to verify him on ICQ; awaiting a reply.

Tryan - Unable to find in members list.

Top Viking - topviking@windstream.net - I understand that he had departed for health reasons.

Steve@SETI.USA - steve@seti.usa

SargeD - edosser@cox.net

Sideband - No Cantact info
Daniel Schalmaa - No Contact info

Sandtiger - AIM - Tried to verify him on AIM; awaiting reply.

I urge you all to contact those you know, and even the ones you don't, to wish them well. We should adopt a "NO TEAM MEMBER LEFT BEHIND" philosophy; because honestly, if it hadn't been for Fire$torm emailing me, I probably would not have come back... one email is all it might take.

Maxwell
06-13-11, 12:54 AM
Yes, I know this is a long dormant thread, but I stumbled across this and thought of a good friend from the boards, so I had to share...

http://lauzoo.com/store/images/vici%20womens%20closeup%20square.jpg

Cruncher Pete
06-13-11, 03:38 AM
Yes, I know this is a long dormant thread, but I stumbled across this and thought of a good friend from the boards, so I had to share...

I know what you mean Maxwell. Sometimes we just do not have an answer as to why we do or do not do things because the circumstances are such that it does not warrant an explanation.. I made the mistake once and left a team for only a day or so to be branded an unreliably guy. Although I tried to apologize for not letting every body know as to the reason why, the mistake was made and was not accepted by at least that member of that team who in fact made it sure that his feelings about the matter was publicly known. I hate that, we should all be able to do what we want with our machines and come and go as we wish without question. That to me makes the best team. Having said that, it would be nice if everybody who left leaves a message as to why they left. Feed back like that would be most welcome in order to make the team more resilient and responsive to the members wishes as to what they are looking for in a team forum per say..

Duke of Buckingham
06-13-11, 05:17 AM

Maxwell
06-13-11, 09:46 AM
I know what you mean Maxwell. Sometimes we just do not have an answer as to why we do or do not do things because the circumstances are such that it does not warrant an explanation.. I made the mistake once and left a team for only a day or so to be branded an unreliably guy. Although I tried to apologize for not letting every body know as to the reason why, the mistake was made and was not accepted by at least that member of that team who in fact made it sure that his feelings about the matter was publicly known. I hate that, we should all be able to do what we want with our machines and come and go as we wish without question. That to me makes the best team. Having said that, it would be nice if everybody who left leaves a message as to why they left. Feed back like that would be most welcome in order to make the team more resilient and responsive to the members wishes as to what they are looking for in a team forum per say..
I hear you, Pete - you gotta do what you gotta do. In this case, I actually know why V3 left - I just saw that pic and thought of him. ;)

Fire$torm
06-13-11, 10:52 AM
If you haven't noticed v3 is still crunching with the team, at least on poem. I still think about and pray for him and others that have been dealt a similar hand.

Bryan
06-13-11, 11:48 AM
I too miss the boy! He was a good friend!

Fire$torm
06-14-11, 02:49 AM
Has anyone heard from the following team members

Krackedpress
KaoticEvil
Keith

DrPop
06-14-11, 09:26 PM
KaoticEvil checked in a month or so ago, I think...

Mike029
06-16-11, 09:14 AM
I noticed a Keith pop up with Crunch3r on Bionic United.